2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

etusch wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:09
Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:06
I can't believe it! Race pace was awesome!! Hope the improvements work well and we will see an amazing season!! A shame Alonso in pits when Gasly was only 0,9, I wanted to see and compare the speed at the straight.

Well done!! 😁😁😁
I was expecting same but I knew McLaren can not handle that
even if gasly did pass, it would have not been representative at all (I would say this also if the roles were reversed and Alonso was passing gasly). we know Honda has improved to the level of Renault. we also know that gasly had much newer tyres and would have got a much much better exit from the last corner.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

Hammerfist wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:17
etusch wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I can't believe it! Race pace was awesome!! Hope the improvements work well and we will see an amazing season!! A shame Alonso in pits when Gasly was only 0,9, I wanted to see and compare the speed at the straight.

Well done!! 😁😁😁
Did Mclaren pit just because they were about to be overtaken by TR? Because Alonso had the Mediums on and he wasn't supposed to pit again. Please someone tell me they didnt.
they didn't. there, you happy?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Big Tea

Hammerfist wrote:
etusch wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Well done!! 😁😁😁
Did Mclaren pit just because they were about to be overtaken by TR? Because Alonso had the Mediums on and he wasn't supposed to pit again. Please someone tell me they didnt.
I suspect Alonso's smarts told him that he could save a lap if he pitted. He may have been marginal on fuel.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Alonso Fan

ahaha did you hear gasly's radio? 'now we can fight!'...

made me laugh
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Singabule wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 19:10
rogazilla wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 19:05
Congrats to gasly and the team. Thats a ligitamate 4th best team pace. Cant wait for Hartley to catch up.
Yeah, hartley is very Lucky because no one RB driver from Junior series is ready right now. I still hoping that honda call Rossi in the middle of season and sent Hartley to indy instead. Or Wicken!
Yeah Hartley is way over his head. If you didn't make F1 the first time around, you're probably not good enough to make it the second time around. He was way off the pace a struggling Kvyatt and now he is miles off Gasly. Just wish he'd pack his bags already and hopefully someone competent can take his seat.

JonoNic

Hammerfist wrote:
Singabule wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 19:10
rogazilla wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 19:05
Congrats to gasly and the team. Thats a ligitamate 4th best team pace. Cant wait for Hartley to catch up.
Yeah, hartley is very Lucky because no one RB driver from Junior series is ready right now. I still hoping that honda call Rossi in the middle of season and sent Hartley to indy instead. Or Wicken!
Yeah Hartley is way over his head. If you didn't make F1 the first time around, you're probably not good enough to make it the second time around. He was way off the pace a struggling Kvyatt and now he is miles off Gasly. Just wish he'd pack his bags already and hopefully someone competent can take his seat.
Bottas?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

HPD

Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:21
made me laugh
haha really? :lol:

Leaving aside TR / Honda / Mclaren. I'm very happy for Gasly, it's a very good result for his future in F1. Congratulations Gasly!

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:18
Hammerfist wrote:
etusch wrote:

they didn't. there, you happy?

No, but apparently you're not too happy.

Sayeman

Lets give hartley some time.

I am worried about Vandoorne though. Hasn't lived up to the promise, night get replaced by Lando next year if Ferdi stays.
Never Give up.

Alonso Fan

HPD wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:26
Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:21
made me laugh
haha really? :lol:

Leaving aside TR / Honda / Mclaren. I'm very happy for Gasly, it's a very good result for his future in F1. Congratulations Gasly!
Yes of course! I'm not bitter at all about it, it made me laugh out of happiness because I know what it must mean to him and a small team like Toro Rosso
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Marti_EF3

I was not saying that (Alo and Gas at 0,9) for attacking mclaren fans and that stuff. I was only curious to compare the speeds, for me it's new too that a Honda can overtake the rivals, but this year smells like a promising one 😁

Let's hope mclaren gets things right too and we will see great battles on the midfield 😁

techman
techman

hartly need to up his game really. there is a reason why hartly was dropped by redbull programme. so it now for him to prove he is f1 material. but i doubt it. i miss kyatt

Marti_EF3

techman wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 21:03
hartly need to up his game really. there is a reason why hartly was dropped by redbull programme. so it now for him to prove he is f1 material. but i doubt it. i miss kyatt
Despite his mistake at the start, his pace was at the level of Gasly. He only needs time. He is not the only making mistakes, and they are not rookies like him. He will be there soon 😁

restless
restless

Hammerfist wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:24

Get your facts:
- was 1 tenth from Q3.
- was running 10th when penalty for pushing Perez... anyone saw the incident? Because iirc Sky never showed it properly
- without penalty he would've been easily 10 or close to Ericsson

jjn9128

restless wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 21:19
Hammerfist wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:24

Get your facts:
- was 1 tenth from Q3.
- was running 10th when penalty for pushing Perez... anyone saw the incident? Because iirc Sky never showed it properly
- without penalty he would've been easily 10 or close to Ericsson
Penalty seemed really harsh to me, he had a small lock up and tapped Perez into a spin. Looked like a 1st lap racing incident as they all jockey for position. He was also a bit unlucky as he lost his front wing in Q1 after hitting a bird - I don't think he got a like-for-like replacement. Without the penalty and being stuck with the Saubers and Williams' Hartley would have got a good points finish - around Alonso/Vandoorne.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica