2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

I agree, Hartley had pace, he was dicing with Haas, just had another poor start and damaged the car. These cars are so sensitive aero wise that damage really hurts your race, it's a lot easier to fight if the car is in one piece, so if he's going to give up places and fight his way he should at least keep the car out of trouble. He had to fight his way after some early race tangles and a penalty, without that he'd have been in the points. On to the next one, China is one week away and he can redeem himself.

It's a very tricky circuit China is.
Saishū kōnā

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Sayeman wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 20:28
Lets give hartley some time.

I am worried about Vandoorne though. Hasn't lived up to the promise, night get replaced by Lando next year if Ferdi stays.
Last after few corners, he manages p8 with poor McLaren and you are worried? Did a decent job today IMO.

bauc

Great Result for STRH, well done, my hat is off to them!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Revs84
Revs84

I haven't seen the lap timings yet, but it seems like Hartley's best lap was better than Gasly's. Although to be fair, that could have been helped by a tow, since Gasly was most of the race running alone.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Revs84 wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 21:59
I haven't seen the lap timings yet, but it seems like Hartley's best lap was better than Gasly's. Although to be fair, that could have been helped by a tow, since Gasly was most of the race running alone.
Since when is running in clear air a bad thing?
If Hartley had faster bast lap, doesn't mean that Gasly couldn't do it, maybe he didn't needed.

vassilispapadop
vassilispapadop

https://twitter.com/F1/status/983038119770406912 what a nice people, what a nice team! Let's hope for a top 10 finish in China! Congratulations Pierre and Toro Rosso - Honda

HPD

Marko: "That made a man out of him," said Marko. "His reward is the fourth place. All our drivers have a very good bonus system. This will more than please him.

"I didn't expect a fourth place that early - but it's a positive development. It was the target to challenge the midfield with this engine. Not here, but in the first half of the season."

yener

Did anyone hear Gasly saying "now we can fight" on the board radio? That was an awesome sarcasm for Alonso
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Revs84
Revs84

ivanlesk wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 22:01
Revs84 wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 21:59
Since when is running in clear air a bad thing?
If Hartley had faster bast lap, doesn't mean that Gasly couldn't do it, maybe he didn't needed.
Who talked about could or need? I'm just stating a fact.

Again, no one said that running in clean air is a bad thing, especially in corners, but getting tows on straights will help get some higher speeds. Overtaking after getting a tow on the straight and going to clean air can help in overall lap time.

loner

if the aero update for april quoting Hartley .. come in Baku, STR will surpass HAAS as a pure fact
now Gasly like ...
para bellum.

Harvester
Harvester

yener wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 22:29
Did anyone hear Gasly saying "now we can fight" on the board radio? That was an awesome sarcasm for Alonso
yea that was epic. I would like to see Alonso's face when he hears it.

radosav
radosav

yener wrote:
don't know why people at torro rosso, i mean drivers, say such a thing against mclaren and renault? if they think honda is better engine then they should be happy with it.

Sayeman

radosav wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 23:46
yener wrote:
don't know why people at torro rosso, i mean drivers, say such a thing against mclaren and renault? if they think honda is better engine then they should be happy with it.
Considering all the rubbish thrown at Honda for the last 3 years and still now from Alonso, it's perfectly plausible.

"Now we can fight" "We can forget about the midfield now" not to mention the claims about the chassis, which is looking rather ordinary.

Besides TR hasn't forgotten the treatment they received from Renault at the end of last year.
Never Give up.

Harvester
Harvester

radosav wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 23:46
yener wrote:
I think he did it to give honda some satisfaction after all bashing Alonso did last year.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Sayeman wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 00:09

Besides TR hasn't forgotten the treatment they received from Renault at the end of last year.
I think that’s more the reason at these fun jabs