2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Talisman
Talisman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Hartley is fine, just unlucky tangling with Perez on the first lap which ruined his race following his penalty. On pace terms he looks good. Give him a few more races and he’ll show what he’s made of.

sn809
sn809

Even the formation lap error, he is still inexperienced so I do think TR should have told him to speed up and regain position.
I can understand they were focused on Gasly though, so while he does need to up his game I think he has a good head and should work once he gets going.

toraabe
toraabe

Harvester wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 00:10
radosav wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 23:46
yener wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 22:29
Did anyone hear Gasly saying "now we can fight" on the board radio? That was an awesome sarcasm for Alonso
don't know why people at torro rosso, i mean drivers, say such a thing against mclaren and renault? if they think honda is better engine then they should be happy with it.
I think he did it to give honda some satisfaction after all bashing Alonso did last year.
If you look at the onboard camera, they are now operating the engine in it's optimum range.
They are hardly above 11,5k, in which is much less than last year.

Bisonas

What TR and Honda did yesterday was outstanding. tbh i never saw it coming. At least not in such a profound way.
I am not convinced yet that TR has a good enough Chassis to lead the middlefield but i am convinced now that Honda finally had their breakthrough regarding the engine. I am glad they did, became its a huge company with a huge history and it was kinda sad watching the last 3 years. It was about time to get it right. I don't know how the engine performance war will play out, but right now i think its for sure at same level with Renault.

As for TR chassis , next week we will get the real picture. Bahrain was a rear-limited stop and go track that you cant actually draw conclusion regarding downforce and chassis efficiency.

China though is a different story. Front axle is a lot more important, you need good downforce and a good chassis in order to be fast. If they can maintain that level of performance on china it will convince me that the chassis is also very good. If we saw a big drop on performance that will show that the chassis still need some work.

Big Tea

I am really chuffed for STR and Honda, but do not lose sight of who was not there and who is usually far better than they have been this season.

That said, it now shows they are capable of it, even if it was snatching the opportunity. The Boss may see fit to slip a few more £$ to them as this was good publicity. Honda may even chip in too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dren

There is still a large gap to the top three teams, but this race shows that TR will certainly be in the mix fighting for points. Out qualifying and out racing on sheer pace Haas, Mclaren and Renault put a huge smile on my face. Unlucky yet again for Hartley. He'll get it together soon.
Honda!

GhostF1
GhostF1

toraabe wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 10:05
Harvester wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 00:10
radosav wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 23:46

don't know why people at torro rosso, i mean drivers, say such a thing against mclaren and renault? if they think honda is better engine then they should be happy with it.
I think he did it to give honda some satisfaction after all bashing Alonso did last year.
If you look at the onboard camera, they are now operating the engine in it's optimum range.
They are hardly above 11,5k, in which is much less than last year.
I noticed the earlier shift points this race when I was watching! I haven't found any on board footage from a TR now though. Any links??

!Technical
!Technical

Great result. Happy for the team and Honda. I'm hoping that the setup in China goes just as well. The super long straight in China is a bit of a worry for STR. The DRS effect could be even greater there if the FIA get it wrong.

loner

dren wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 12:42
There is still a large gap to the top three teams, but this race shows that TR will certainly be in the mix fighting for points. Out qualifying and out racing on sheer pace Haas, Mclaren and Renault put a huge smile on my face. Unlucky yet again for Hartley. He'll get it together soon.
hmmm iam not so sure about HAAS yet , i think they still need a chassis update to surpass HAAS.
edt to say :and btw what top 3 ? it just STR remember :mrgreen: :wink:
Marko: "That made a man out of him," said Marko. "His reward is the fourth place. All our drivers have a very good bonus system. This will more than please him.

"I didn't expect a fourth place that early - but it's a positive development. It was the target to challenge the midfield with this engine. Not here, but in the first half of the season."
wonder what Honda promised Marko for the second half of the season!!
para bellum.

etusch

Marti_EF3

I love how the Honda PU sounds when accelerating at the exit of a corner 😍

Marti_EF3

Max Speeds

Gasly Laptimes compared

More midfield lap times...

Hartley lap time pace

There was a bit of lucky with the DNF at the front, but the pace was definetely there 😁

HPD

Revs84
Revs84

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 18:35
Max Speeds

https://i.imgur.com/A4opoyX.jpg

Gasly Laptimes compared

https://i.imgur.com/4Cl7XtS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nKumYZ8.jpg

Hartley lap time pace

https://i.imgur.com/y7eNPDF.jpg

There was a bit of lucky with the DNF at the front, but the pace was definetely there 😁
There's something that just doesn't add up when looking at Alonso's last stint following his 2nd pit. If I remember correctly, during this time, Gasly kept pulling away little by little, increasing his gap. The rest of the pack were pretty much constant, or with little change between them in terms of gap.

However, if you compare Alonso's times following the last stint, they were constantly faster. Then, the last lap is measured at 1:50. Anyone else notice this? Am I missing something?

Alonso Fan

Revs84 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 19:01
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 18:35
Max Speeds

https://i.imgur.com/A4opoyX.jpg

Gasly Laptimes compared

https://i.imgur.com/4Cl7XtS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nKumYZ8.jpg

Hartley lap time pace

https://i.imgur.com/y7eNPDF.jpg

There's something that just doesn't add up when looking at Alonso's last stint following his 2nd pit. If I remember correctly, during this time, Gasly kept pulling away little by little, increasing his gap. The rest of the pack were pretty much constant, or with little change between them in terms of gap.

However, if you compare Alonso's times following the last stint, they were constantly faster. Then, the last lap is measured at 1:50. Anyone else notice this? Am I missing something?
He slowed down to get lapped by Vettel so he could finish a lap down probably to save fuel
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa