General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Talisman
Talisman

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Horner won’t be making the decision. He will be informed when the time comes...

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Talisman wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:12
I deeply hope that isn't case...

PlatinumZealot

Talisman wrote:
Horner has more influence in it than you think. He may not sign off on it, but this is part of the principal's job. To best guide the owners.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

loner

this is probably nothing but just in case ..
i some times dream things that actually happens..
after watching the cool Jenson Button parachuting out a plane for the Channel 4 Formula One coverage ..in 25 march 2016 i dreamed JB was trying parachuting with his Mclaren-Honda car in the middle of the sea on a big yacht contains all the community of F1 teams and FIA personnels and
Ecclestone , but he missed the big yacht and landed into water and began to sink with his car .. well he retired after the 2016 season.

Thursday before the Bahrain gp i dreamed that STR will be better than Mclaren or will post typical times to them which really happened during free practices and then we all saw how STR fared in the race.
it was strange because STR was nowhere in AUS no one expected it to happen.

well a while ago i dreamed Honda with RBR will be better than Mercedes by a very small marginal .. more strangely it was Alonso who driving the RBR .. i just saw Briatore meeting with RBR you can see the pic here it could be just a nothing meeting just friendly chat after all...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db01_CZW4AILzRA.jpg
and that dream was way before any talk or sign that Honda will even join RBR or STR.

LASTLY before Liverpool vs Roma i dreamed that Liverpool will win the CL well they won first leg
5-2 .. Roma can win the second leg they just did it with Barcelona and after that there will be the final i assume against RM.. but thats what i saw. :mrgreen:
para bellum.

Talisman
Talisman

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:41
Talisman wrote:
Horner has more influence in it than you think. He may not sign off on it, but this is part of the principal's job. To best guide the owners.
I didn’t say he wouldn’t have influence. I disagree that he will be the one pulling the trigger as you stated.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Talisman wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 23:35
PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:41
Talisman wrote:
I didn’t say he wouldn’t have influence. I disagree that he will be the one pulling the trigger as you stated.
But you did say that he won't have influence. And that will (only) be informed wit decision. Sentence you wrote before that one highlights this even more.

Talisman
Talisman

Where did I say he won’t have influence? The sentence you highlighted in red makes no reference to that at all.

There are plenty of people in all sorts of power structures who advise their superiors without being involved in the decision making itself. This shouldn’t be too difficult to see.

etusch

dren

Well it's obvious Honda is one of two options for Red Bull. They have to start now to make the transition easy for when the decision is made.
Honda!

HPD

:D

Masashi Yamamoto:
“Because it was the very first meeting, we discussed the conditions of both sides, what do we expect of each other,” Yamamoto told F1.com. “It was the first discussion.

“Yes, it was positive. We do believe we were both satisfied. There’s a good relationship between us. However, it’s the first time we have an official meeting. It’s the starting point for a potential future.”

“We have the obligation to present the documents on the 15 May to the FIA,” said Yamamoto. “It’s something we are starting to discuss now and it has to be smooth between Honda and Red Bull.

“I want to use the time we have left to discuss with the Honda board members before I take the feedback back Red Bull to take the next steps.

“When we decided to come back to F1, the plan was not to just stick with one team but work with multiple teams.

“The board members are aware of discussions and there is a big respect for the relationship [with the Red Bull organisation].”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... -deal.html

Zynerji

Re: Honda Power Unit

I hope RBR stays with Renault.

Then the STR works Honda deal isn't stolen from them.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Zynerji wrote:
02 May 2018, 00:42
I hope RBR stays with Renault.

Then the STR works Honda deal isn't stolen from them.
I agree on this one. Maybe will Honda invest in them or even take them over. IRC they (Honda) said something in that direction before season.

Thunder

Don't know when (it was after Winter testing), but AMuS stated Mateschitz is keen on selling TR to Honda.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

etusch

It is a question if Honda want to have their own team but if they want to have their own team, again, they have intention of PU supply team more than one and they are saying this at every occassion.
Last edited by etusch on 03 May 2018, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

There were (supposedly) several teams keen on entering F1 but not getting the nod form FIA or concerned about rising engine costs, surely this is an ideal opportunity for one of them to step in and become the new owners of STR. including an engine deal.

Someone like Dave Richards for instance. Everything is in place (except his ties with AM)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.