2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BrunoH
BrunoH

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:29
BrunoH wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:28
Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:16

Yet mclaren were 0.7 faster at Barcelona...

You do realise different tracks suit different cars right?

Mclaren lacks traction and mechanical grip. We could see that from sector 3 at Barcelona. Those are basically the two most important things at monaco.

For this reason I'm also not looking forward to Hungary either
yes i do, do you realise they said best chassis!? monaco and hungary supposed to be at the top!? cars chassis is terrible then...
Yes I realise they said that about LAST year's car. Note the capitalised word. Please get it into your head.

And its marketing and hype anyway. Don't know why you people take it so seriously.
do you realise this year they were going to fight for podiums and maybe championship!?

well they are selling a product to sponsors that pay a lot of money. In that case its a very serious thing. making false claims or advertising. If i did that in my business i wold be in big trouble. I guess if its Mclaren F1 and you can damage the image of Honda with false claims its fine, if you lie to your investors its fine... really good honest people then.

Anyway, its worse than i tought. i really thought chassis wise they were the best of the rest. 3rd or 4rd place in chassis but looks its worse. very disappointing.

OzanA
OzanA

Bruno boy, what is your problem with mclaren?

BrunoH
BrunoH

OzanA wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:35
Bruno boy, what is your problem with mclaren?
its performance.
been my team since i remember and always a big fan of them. Not a fan now of how things are run business wise and track performance wise.
that Eric B is a fraud but hes not alone.... and incompetent we have seen how well he did at Lotus... took the team to bankruptcy

Alonso Fan

There is a difference between setting targets (which turn out to be too high) and making false claims knowingly with malicious intent.

They've been pretty realistic since after Australia (where they found out where they are in the pecking order) if you actually read the quotes.

Also the results speak for themselves. Much much better this year than last year. Say what you will about ifs and buts. But the fact remains that they were in a position to capitalise on others failures and they had the pace to do so. Whereas in past years they either wouldnt have been able to capitalise due to lack of race pace or wouldn't even be running.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Darth-Piekus

Bruno you need to understand that Honda failed miserably. Not only had they 2 years to prepare since they knew from 2013 that they would go to Mclaren but they failed to produce a good engine in these 3 years and still failing to do so.

It was a fast that Mclaren had LAST YEAR one of the best chassis as proven with Monaco and Hungaroring as the engine was slowing them down but that was LAST YEAR. A lot can change in one year and aparently something went wrong at Winter. Is it so hard to accept it and how hard is to accept that Mclaren will be back?

Also results are speaking for themselves. At the moment the team has score more points than 2015 and 2017 combined. They are 1 point from 4th place and considering how they are faster in development than the rest they will clear up the midfield soon.

Some people have a problem to see the difference between last year and this year.

BrunoH
BrunoH

Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2018, 13:52
There is a difference between setting targets (which turn out to be too high) and making false claims knowingly with malicious intent.

They've been pretty realistic since after Australia (where they found out where they are in the pecking order) if you actually read the quotes.

Also the results speak for themselves. Much much better this year than last year. Say what you will about ifs and buts. But the fact remains that they were in a position to capitalise on others failures and they had the pace to do so. Whereas in past years they either wouldnt have been able to capitalise due to lack of race pace or wouldn't even be running.
that is true, they are more reliable in the engine department, no doubt, its the big positive from renault change.

Darth-Piekus

Personally when I heard that Honda joined Mclaren again I was expecting full on domination right from the start since they already had two years to prepare but we cannot ignore the fact that Honda failed and people have to let it go. It's time for Mclaren to rebuild starting from changing to Renault and then going to change their whole team because it is clear that most of those that are working are not producing results for a top team. The same goes for Ron Dennis. He had his cycle. It's time for changes. It's a chance to maybe see in the near future the combo of Mclaren Renault dominating for the first time in history.

Darth-Piekus

Finally I see results. Seeing the worse of our two drivers very close to the first 3 teams is something to celebrate for. Now let's hope that wasn't just for only Q1 and if we can go much faster than that with Alonso.

Alonso Fan

They seem to be consistently around a second from the top times. Considering Vandoorne qualified 1.1 seconds down last year with what we know was a worse engine than this years Renault it does add weight to the argument that they had a better chassis last year than they do this year relative to the fastest teams
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Darth-Piekus

--- hell. Vandoorne is useless. Another performance that is not suitable of a driver of a top team. The good thing is that there is no doubt about the chassis last year. It is clear that something went wrong this Winter but I hope they will fix it at some point and nullify the gap to the best team. They should give Lando Norris a chance this year to show what he can do.It's not like they are gonna challenge for a championship.

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

That was good, Ocon was a surprise at the end. 6th was max to achieve anyway so 7th is good.

fouad1979
fouad1979

TheGkbrk wrote:
26 May 2018, 16:03
That was good, Ocon was a surprise at the end. 6th was max to achieve anyway so 7th is good.
The second sector cost mclaren a lot 6 thents its huge hope Alonso jump Ocon at start

Darth-Piekus

The good thing is that we are bringing large updates in every Grand Prix so I believe soon we will clear the midfield. Things seem to go Ok so far. We were a little slower than HRT and Renault at the start of the year but 4 races later we seem to have a slight upper hand.

Now we hope Alonso tomorrow to have a better race pace than Ocon and jump him at some point.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Alonso is 1.3 slower than ricciardo in street track the mclaren chassis is far all the slow corners alonso lost huge time

fouad1979
fouad1979

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 May 2018, 16:08
The good thing is that we are bringing large updates in every Grand Prix so I believe soon we will clear the midfield. Things seem to go Ok so far. We were a little slower than HRT and Renault at the start of the year but 4 races later we seem to have a slight upper hand.

Now we hope Alonso tomorrow to have a better race pace than Ocon and jump him at some point.
What was this large update here beside the t wing ?