2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sennafan68
sennafan68

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Sayeman wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:22
Dont know what fuel loads they were running, but the Ferrari is still catching up at alarming rate down the straight.
Was that when Vettel was catching Hartley ?? If so I think Vettel was on a belated quali run and we were on our race runs.

Sayeman

sennafan68 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:31
Sayeman wrote:
Dont know what fuel loads they were running, but the Ferrari is still catching up at alarming rate down the straight.
Was that when Vettel was catching Hartley ?? If so I think Vettel was on a belated quali run and we were on our race runs.
Did u see Leclerk on board, almost caught Hartley at the end of the back straight from way back, but your reasoning could be true in this instance too.
Never Give up.

Sayeman

What happened to Gasly?
Never Give up.

PhillipM
PhillipM

I'm hoping they've got them really turned down to check things, because if that's all the update has brung they should have stayed quiet about it.

ME4ME

Even a solid upgrade won't automatically make Toro Rosso great at all tracks. They've been struggeling at serveral tracks already, so it's a bit silly to judge on a sample size of 1 track.

Soichiro
Soichiro

Sayeman wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:36
sennafan68 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:31
Sayeman wrote:
Did u see Leclerk on board, almost caught Hartley at the end of the back straight from way back, but your reasoning could be true in this instance too.
Leclerc was not way behind at the start of the straight (FOV). Plus Hartley didn't have his DRS open while we don't know if Leclerc had it? And then comes the questions like which tyres, number of laps on those tyres, fuel loads... (didn't take notice) but of course it goes both ways ;)

PhillipM
PhillipM

ME4ME wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:42
Even a solid upgrade won't automatically make Toro Rosso great at all tracks. They've been struggeling at serveral tracks already, so it's a bit silly to judge on a sample size of 1 track.
It's a very engine heavy track, it should have been noticable here if it was the rumoured 30bhp+
At a guess it was nowhere close to that and similar or less than the new renault motor.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

PhillipM wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:39
I'm hoping they've got them really turned down to check things, because if that's all the update has brung they should have stayed quiet about it.
Early days
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Revs84
Revs84

PhillipM wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:39
Afaik that's exactly what they did. The hype wasn't brought by Honda but by journalists.

That said, let's wait and give them some time. I'm pretty sure that they're being very cautious at the moment and will take their time to do all necessary checks before pushing the new ICE.

techman
techman

unfortuantely, toro rosso cant bring any aero updates along with engine updates. with new rookie learning this track doesnt help.

Soichiro
Soichiro

techman wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:47
dont be suprised if hartly qualifies ahead of gasly, a suprise. i feel there is a french connection here, and we know how proud gasly is, he is trying to make renault look good for redbull to sign renault again.
come on :roll:

techman
techman

believe me french are very proud people. i know gasly in his heart want redbull renault. just watch and see.

rogazilla
rogazilla

from previous articles, we learned Honda use Friday session to program mapping. The fact these are new PU, it is probably a methodical session to map it out and figure out the energy strategy.

I am just glad they are doing a lot of laps because that's what they need for today. Let's see tomorrow to see what they can do after some baseline established.

etusch

I think they split programs for both drivers and when it come to qualification Gasly will be better than Hartley again.

Revs84
Revs84

techman wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:47
looks like the mechanical grip is gone. i was hoping they put more rear wing to get more grip. interesting to see the race pace. dont be suprised if hartly qualifies ahead of gasly, a suprise. i feel there is a french connection here, and we know how proud gasly is, he is trying to make renault look good for redbull to sign renault again.
Where did you get that French Connection thing from? Your theories never cease to amaze me :lol:

Also I remember you complaining about drag but now you want more wing? :roll: