General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Soichiro
Soichiro

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

baybars wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 12:27
Red Bull benefits less from Renault's expansion stage than the factory. That's because of the different fuel. While Renault wins 20hp or three-tenths, Red Bull earns 12hp or 0.15sec on the lap time. For the next fuel development of the World Cup third has to wait a bit. "We'll get them in Hungary at the earliest."
I am fascinated by these calculations. 12hp=0.15, 20hp=0.3, so 27hp is 0.5 then?

etusch

baybars wrote:
etusch wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:58
TakataDomeNSX wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 03:00
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44427488

Renault upgrade 12bhp according to Riccardo, Honda at least twice that according to Andrew Benson.
This is more important I think
Hartley, who did well under the pressure of knowing Red Bull are considering replacing him, was especially optimistic because he said the update made more difference in the race than in qualifying, where he said it was "relatively small"
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/red-bull/

Red Bull benefits less from Renault's expansion stage than the factory. That's because of the different fuel. While Renault wins 20hp or three-tenths, Red Bull earns 12hp or 0.15sec on the lap time. For the next fuel development of the World Cup third has to wait a bit. "We'll get them in Hungary at the earliest."
Renault were looking strong that I was thought they are 4th fastest during winter testing. And when we look the week until now only renault works team really benefit from update

Soichiro
Soichiro

etusch wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 14:08
baybars wrote:
etusch wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:58

This is more important I think

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/red-bull/

Renault were looking strong that I was thought they are 4th fastest during winter testing. And when we look the week until now only renault works team really benefit from update
If only one out of three really benefited, is it all from the engine or is there something else too?

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

What I see is Honda's development is outpacing Renault, that they have catched the 3rd place engine with 1.5 years less development, and should thus have more potential than Renault. It took time, yes, but it's good news to me.

Wazari

Soichiro wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 14:06

I am fascinated by these calculations. 12hp=0.15, 20hp=0.3, so 27hp is 0.5 then?
A 0.5 gain would be more like 30 to 33 kWh gain.

All teams have to do fuel saving with this current formula. It's a matter of how much fuel to carry with regards to fuel flow limit and deployment mapping/strategy.

*Also I misunderstood how many new spec PU's were brought to Canada, I thought it was two total instead of two per car.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Marti_EF3

Unable to keep the pace with a fu**ing Sauber... Unacceptable... #-o

McMika98
McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 22:49
Every car was struggling to overtake, even the mighty Merc had issues. Seriously neeed to address the aero on cars, the race was such a bore. ONLY overtakes were with vast tire differential, Ocon could not pass Grojean with 40 lap tyres, says all. Strangely Hulk and Sainz werent really pulling away from Leclrec.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 23:11
Marti_EF3 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 22:49
Every car was struggling to overtake, even the mighty Merc had issues. Seriously neeed to address the aero on cars, the race was such a bore. ONLY overtakes were with vast tire differential, Ocon could not pass Grojean with 40 lap tyres, says all. Strangely Hulk and Sainz werent really pulling away from Leclrec.
Yes, and GRO couldn't pass Gasly with almost 30 laps fresh tires but... Not keeping the pace with a Sauber, even if it's Leclerc who is the driver, it's a bit disapointing. Seems the supersoft didn't go well on the STR... At least Grosjean, with fresh tires and a new & upgraded Ferrari PU, didn't pass Gasly, that shows the PU improved some... Not clear what to think about it...

Revs84
Revs84

Gasly was actually doing well and closing up on Leclerc, but then started to drop back all of a sudden. I was wondering if he had some issues?

McMika98
McMika98

Bear in mind Leclrec was keeping up with the midfield group and wasnt that far off. I think the car was as quick as the Renault if not quicker. They should have pitted earlier about same time as Alonso. Was good to see Pierre make few overtakes early with the hypersofts.
Dont fancy our chances on the next track as the ultras are back on again.

j.yank
j.yank

Revs84 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 23:29
Gasly was actually doing well and closing up on Leclerc, but then started to drop back all of a sudden. I was wondering if he had some issues?
He was catch by the leaders and trying to overtake Leclerc in these conditions was pointless. I guess they opted to preserve the PU in the last ten laps.

makecry
makecry

Revs84 wrote:
Probably saving fuel.

loner

Re: Honda Power Unit

etusch wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:30
İf the 0.5 sec is true what is the guess of HP number? what is gap to top engines?
no one knows exact numbers as of now but you should hope for a normal qualy for GAS in France
and we all will know the true face of the update which was promising in Canada.
para bellum.

Wazari

Revs84 wrote:
Locked up and flat spotted tires. Had to finish on compromised front tires.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

AJI
AJI

Anyone know how many k's are on Gasly's PU?