2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jz11
jz11

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

they got 150+ sensors on the car and you think the evaluation of upgrades is done by comparing lap times? this isn't 1950ties any more you know...
techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 14:15
its always the case with rookies. they take time. but brendon is even slower than an average rookie. when i heard they dropped kyatt, i knew they made a bad move , kyatt is not the fastest but he is decent with experience, they needed him badly now. but anyways now marko is looking for others but its bit too late. if you are evaluating upgrade they you hope to get a benchmark laptime to compare with gasly, and he is still slower. i hope they put the upgrade on gasly and test for a benchmark

techman
techman

they got 150+ sensors on the car and you think the evaluation of upgrades is done by comparing lap times? this isn't 1950ties any more you know...
let watch fp2 and see, so far this season brendon is o.5 to 1 sec slower to gasly i cant see that change even with an update on brendon. it just a shame. toro rosso are handicapped

loner

Gasly, who will revert to an older ‘spec one’ engine for Friday practice to conserve mileage on his latest one, reckons Toro Rosso might also have misjudged its aerodynamic settings at recent races, making it harder to ascertain how well the new engine is working.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasl ... o-1053102/
para bellum.

Sayeman

loner wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 15:04
Gasly, who will revert to an older ‘spec one’ engine for Friday practice to conserve mileage on his latest one, reckons Toro Rosso might also have misjudged its aerodynamic settings at recent races, making it harder to ascertain how well the new engine is working.
sounds suspicious to me, has they encountered another issue with the new PU?
Never Give up.

Marti_EF3

Sayeman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 15:14
loner wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 15:04
sounds suspicious to me, has they encountered another issue with the new PU?
Or maybe only to save mileage on new engine and don't change it until Spec3 on Spa

techman
techman

its a good decision by honda to conserve mileage and bring the spec 2 for fp3.

dren

Gasly was looking good, especially if he was using the older spec unit.
Honda!

techman
techman

i wonder what the excuse now for brendon. still more evaluation? gasly could have gone faster just made an error in the last corner. anyway i interested to see the race pace. gasly times were good in fp1

maguetox
maguetox

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 15:23
its a good decision by honda to conserve mileage and bring the spec 2 for fp3.
Harley is doing all the mapping today, 100 laps in both practices. Honda is taking advantage that Harley engine don´t race last weekend.

Big Tea

We don't know if both drivers are 'turned loose' to chase times, or if Hartley is following a program. Hard to dump him if that is the case.

TBH, I do not think it is the case, but why has ha not been replaced? Are they holding out to get Sainz back?
Even if they are, there are drivers who (I Think) could do a better job than Hartley.
For example, Sam Bird could fill in until the season end. Not the ideal candidate for a F1 team, but woud be very good to fill la seat.
I know Di Resta is a Merc driver, but they looked a Norris. Di Resta is a recent driver who could help them a lot.

The other side of the coin, what do Red Bull have lined up for Hartley?
Something that would benefit from having 'Formula one driver' on his CV?

Red Bull are not fools, there are many things we do not consider.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

techman
techman

gas race pace is close rest of the best. mag has the best race pace out of the top 3. and gasly not running the update. i really wonder if this update is good or bad. hartley running the update still over 0.5 slower to gas . wow .even a blind man can sense which driver is faster. james key is scratching his head thinkg did the update really work , looking at the laptime of harltly and gas

Big Tea

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 17:06
gas race pace is close rest of the best. mag has the best race pace out of the top 3. and gasly not running the update. i really wonder if this update is good or bad. hartley running the update still over 0.5 slower to gas . wow .even a blind man can sense which driver is faster. james key is scratching his head thinkg did the update really work , looking at the laptime of harltly and gas
Are they comparing the update to Gasley's time, or to Hartleys time (calculated of course)
It would not be much use if they compared an update to an unknown.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

techman
techman

Are they comparing the update to Gasley's time, or to Hartleys time (calculated of course)
It would not be much use if they compared an update to an unknown.
well obviously if they are comparing the update on hartley , they will compare it with gasly laptime because gasly wasnt running the update. i just think what james key is thinking now, because gasly without the update still manages to be quicker than hartley

Bill
Bill

Nobody knows if updates work or not ,or what program each driver was running

sn809
sn809

Bill wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 17:51
Nobody knows if updates work or not ,or what program each driver was running
Of course no one knows anything, they are all there just for the party. Lol.