2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Marti_EF3 wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 16:18
If tomorrow they can do a start without any incidents, maybe a low points position is possible. Remember that they can start with the SS and go long with 1st stint... And that can be some trouble in front with GRO at the 6th :lol:
I hope that he is aware of a "running car killer" looks like a haas car.

techman
techman

i am happy gro is ahead , i can see an accident in front. with gro. if there is a team other than toro rosso and redbulll i like , i would say haas, i hope they go well tommorrow. ultra soft drop off very quickly in 7 laps. put gas in SS long run before pitting to soft.

hasika
hasika

I guess q3 will be very difficult in the rest of the season,because it seems Hass and Renault have better car than the rest of the middle field.

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

While it's a possibility, we have to hope for more, because TR is a works team which should develop faster than non-works rivals. If it doesn't it looks quite bad. Of course Renault is works and Haas...well what is Haas?

Also, all the new front wings were destroyed one after another so our qualifying pace is probably a little bit worse than it should be.

techman
techman

toro rosso need to update those side body panels. its outdate, it the same from last year. when everyone has changed their. i prefer something like the haas one. hopefully more upgrades for silverstone.

techman
techman

toro rosso should have kept the old package with gasly with the new spec engine. he was very good with the old package. the new wing seem to be bit draggy and looking at the pictures , they have removed the T wing at the back , which was there in friday practice for gasly. i just think they did this because the new wing has bit more drag. they need to properly test these parts again in silverstone

FMP
FMP

TakataDomeNSX wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 06:49
While it's a possibility, we have to hope for more, because TR is a works team which should develop faster than non-works rivals. If it doesn't it looks quite bad. Of course Renault is works and Haas...well what is Haas?

Also, all the new front wings were destroyed one after another so our qualifying pace is probably a little bit worse than it should be.
Being a works team? Well they do have their own engine supplier. But they are still on a marginal budget compared to Renault, RBR, Ferrari or Mercs. So don't fool yourself into believing that just because you have an engine that is made for you, you will develop much better during the season.

Singabule
Singabule

FMP wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 08:41
TakataDomeNSX wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 06:49

Being a works team? Well they do have their own engine supplier. But they are still on a marginal budget compared to Renault, RBR, Ferrari or Mercs. So don't fool yourself into believing that just because you have an engine that is made for you, you will develop much better during the season.
At least they would not running out their budget, keep development steady, salary and bonus save, everybody happy. See Tost comment at preseason testing, he even did not expect would perform with STR 13 chasis as everything is on rush to put honda PU so late Last year. They dont put single hope with its integration, luckily honda engine is so compact hence perform good this year. But next year would Day and night different than this year. Expect some shared component to RB, especially on the back of car.

Revs84
Revs84

Hartley to start from last after getting an engine change for tactical reasons.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/01/hon ... nit-again/

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Revs84 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 11:04

Makes perfect sense, an extra engine added to the pool at the cost of a grid slot.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

restless
restless

Probably they plan to start using "pool engines" on fridays ?

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 11:19
Revs84 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 11:04

Makes perfect sense, an extra engine added to the pool at the cost of a grid slot.
Are they not limited to 'holding' 3 engines in total? so having already exceed that will have to remove one in place of it?

It will still be of use to HRD to eximine
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

restless
restless

I think that should be 2nd for Hartley?
The first one is old spec, so probably won't fit OOB ?

restless
restless

Awful start... and again, awful strategy for Hartley... simply no point not to pit under safety car :S

Soichiro
Soichiro

restless wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 15:46
Awful start... and again, awful strategy for Hartley... simply no point not to pit under safety car :S
It wasn't a bad strategy - he was in the points, but something broke (steering?).
GAS had a great launch on the start but then should have chosen the right side for passing, instead has lost places as he couldn't reposition the car correctly for next turn combinations. Hopefully he will finish in the points.