2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
j.yank
j.yank

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Alonso Fan wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:54
ispano6 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 16:51
Alonso benefitted from Gasly getting compromised by Vandoorne early on. Screwed over by McLaren.
Gasly pitted and the issue was sorted with new tyres. Gaslys car wasn't damaged afaik.

Hartley might just be better at something called tyre management. He's not an endurance champion for no reason you know
Nope - he complained even after pitting. There was something wrong with the balance of the car. The touch on the first lap wasn't only with Vandoorn.

Alonso Fan

j.yank wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:10
Alonso Fan wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Alonso benefitted from Gasly getting compromised by Vandoorne early on. Screwed over by McLaren.
Gasly pitted and the issue was sorted with new tyres. Gaslys car wasn't damaged afaik.

Hartley might just be better at something called tyre management. He's not an endurance champion for no reason you know
Nope - he complained even after pitting. There was something wrong with the balance of the car. The touch on the first lap wasn't only with Vandoorn.
Hmm possibly something slightly off with the suspension then?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

ispano6

Alonso Fan wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

You did see that Gasly lost 3 places because of Vandoorne and struggled thereafter. Had Vandoorne not caused the damage Gasly should have been able to get around one or both of the Force India's on the opening or following laps.
I'm not surprised Honda is getting punked by the midfield pack - happens all the time. It's in the midfield's best interest to take out the faster of the two Hondas.

loner

this PU deserve a top notch car .. fortunately a reality.
why Hartley retired ?!!
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

loner wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:24
why Hartley retired ?!!
It seemed a problem with powersteering or something from hidraulics...

They will be behind Sauber soon :(

loner

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:27
loner wrote:
why Hartley retired ?!!

why you care ?!! RBR , STR couldn't care less they already signed the contract with Honda and evaluated the rookie he is in for 2019 deservedly so .. its up to RBR and Honda to decide if they want to inject some bucks into STR beside Sauber getting decent treatment from Fiat for the ALF branding.. oh and C.L is talented.
Last edited by loner on 01 Jul 2018, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
para bellum.

restless
restless

loner wrote:
why Hartley retired ?!!
Probably gearbox... but he had to pit so would've finish around williams

Marti_EF3

loner wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:34
Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:27
loner wrote:
why Hartley retired ?!!

why you care ?!! RBR , STR couldn't care less they already signed the contract with Honda and evaluated the rookie he is in for 2019 deservedly so .. its up to RBR and Honda to decide if they want to inject some bucks into STR beside Sauber getting decent treatment from Fiat for the ALF branding.. oh and C.L is talented.
Yes, but I want STR to do well. Is a team that I like since it's start. And now much more with Honda engine :(

loner

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:40
Yes, but I want STR to do well. Is a team that I like since it's start. And now much more with Honda engine :(
you are not going to do well with a Hartley and a rookie and tiny budget but the good news is RBR will help in STR 2019 car so they considered 2018 the PU building year expected many things hampering STR performance during the year and rightly so .. it didn't worth the efforts, a wise direction indeed.. so you are looking for 2019 for both teams.
have patience :wink:
restless wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:36
Probably gearbox... but he had to pit so would've finish around williams
thnx mate
para bellum.

MMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM

Up until next year Gasly just got mugged by Alonso, Leclerc and Ericsson in one lap. Did he have to save fuel in the closing stages ?

Sayeman

MMMMMMMM wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 18:29
Up until next year Gasly just got mugged by Alonso, Leclerc and Ericsson in one lap. Did he have to save fuel in the closing stages ?
Did u see his tires after the race? totally wrecked.
Never Give up.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Sayeman wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 18:31
MMMMMMMM wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 18:29
Did u see his tires after the race? totally wrecked.
What lap did Gasly pit?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Squid
Squid

Quotes from the team:

Pierre Gasly
"I think that was one of the most difficult races I've had. Stoffel and I had contact at Turn 3 on the first lap which caused heavy damage to my floor and after that the car was sliding everywhere. I gave it my best and we were running inside of the points, but it was super difficult to drive the car and in the end I had no grip left on my tyres. It's a shame to finish so close to the points. We brought an updated aero package to Austria this weekend, but with the damage I had on the floor, we lost a lot of downforce and we didn't get a clear read on it. Today there was a real opportunity to score points as we were running 8th with a few laps to go so it's a shame, but the potential is there. Now we have to focus on Silverstone next week and make a step forward."
Brendon Hartley
"We made a few changes to the aero balance compared to qualifying so I felt much better with the car today. In the first part of the race I seemed to struggle compared to the Saubers around me, but as the tyres got older, the car came alive and was getting stronger. Points were always going to be tough today, but I was battling with Ericsson and he finished 9th, so it's a bit disappointing to see that! We were clearly really strong on tyres today but then something failed on the rear of the car. Initially I thought it was a puncture because I could feel something moving on the rear, but I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. We'll look into the cause tonight and hopefully come back stronger next week in Silverstone."
Toyoharu Tanabe
"Brendon was running tenth, doing a good job of managing his tyres, when he had to stop with an issue not related to the PU and Pierre was comfortably in the points, until in the closing stages, his tyres went off and he slipped down to eleventh. It's a shame, but with another race weekend starting on Friday, we head to Silverstone to try again at what is something of a home race, as our European F1 base is just down the road in Milton Keynes."

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Gasly says his car was damaged, but Tanabe says Gasly was 'comfortably' in points before his tyres went off. Don't know who to believe. Does anyone have pics of Gasly's car showing the damage to the floor?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

GrayGreat wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 19:13
Gasly says his car was damaged, but Tanabe says Gasly was 'comfortably' in points before his tyres went off. Don't know who to believe. Does anyone have pics of Gasly's car showing the damage to the floor?
Apparently he was nursing a damaged car and doing it quite well, but his tyres went off.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.