2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RonDennis
RonDennis

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

makecry wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 11:34
Every dog has his day. Something is bound to stick. :lol:
Haha, I think it's great. Someone had to take responsibility. You can't just say, it's not only his fault. It's probably not, but if you look it at it that way you never can fire anyone. Brown already said in May that they were looking at their management structure and I don't believe for one bit that Boullier resigned.

Boullier two races ago: "I will not resign."
Brown two races ago: "Nobody will leave the team before Abu Dhabi".

:lol:

Like I've said before. After they Freddo article came out, Boullier was done. There is no way you can recover from that.

Thunder

RonDennis wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 11:38
Ron Dennis didn't really see it coming as is played out as well. That's the thing when higher Powers are in play. :wink:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RonDennis
RonDennis

Thunder wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 11:46
RonDennis wrote:
Ron Dennis didn't really see it coming as is played out as well. That's the thing when higher Powers are in play. :wink:
Yeah, you really have to watch out when people are saying that your job is safe.

Holm86

Love to see some sales figures from cadbury if the sales of Freddo bars went up with all this hype :D

Squid
Squid

Won't even pretend I'm not feeling a massive amount of schadenfreude.

Sure, he isn't responsible for how bad the car turned out to be, but he just couldn't keep his mouth shut. It's really ironic that the same man who criticized Honda for overpromising and underdelivering ended up doing the exact same thing for McLaren. He could have just been the racing director, but he had to constantly run his mouth on the media. Once McLaren started underperforming with the engine that was supposed to, in his words, "put McLaren back where it belongs", he had to constantly eat his own words again and again and again and again.

It all culminated with last week's "only works Formula 1 teams can challenge for world championships" admission and Freddogate, the handling of which he completely botched by not denying anything and basically leaving everything up to media interpretation. Every time he gave an interview retracting something he previously said he made McLaren look more and more incompetent. That's why he's gone.

Big Tea

Anyone starting a 'Bring back Boullier' campaign?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Thunder

I would be more in Favour of #bringbackjost to be honest.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Schuttelberg

If he's been made a scapegoat then this won't help. Hopefully, the changes will bring McLaren back to the top or at least near it.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Any horses you can recommend?

BrunoH
BrunoH

well this one was obvious, just a matter of time

Big Tea

As I said a wile back, they do not need a 'nice man' there they need Mr Nasty.
I am not calling for Ron's Return, but someone in that mold.

Stella did his training at Ferrari.... :x
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

RonDennis wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 11:49
Thunder wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 11:46
RonDennis wrote:
Yeah, you really have to watch out when people are saying that your job is safe.
That's usually code for "You have x time left to turn things around, or you'll be given your P45 forthwith".
We'll find out in the next month or so, if firing him will improve the technical side of the race team. I wouldn't expect a massive leap in performance, just McLaren starting to work through all of it's problems. It feels like there's been a bottleneck in the decision making process at McLaren that's hindered the team.

dp12
dp12

Long winter, long problems in the past with Eric but now we can fight we can fight

shotzski

While Eric has definitely left the team, whatever happened to Tim Goss? Has he also left the company, or just reassigned to a different role within the Mclaren group?

PinkFloydPulse

dp12 wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 12:20
Long winter, long problems in the past with Eric but now we can fight we can fight
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :lol:
Team Fernando!