2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84
Revs84

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 22:28
i still dont want brendon, we got a bit of lucky today. its best to try dan tick next year or norris instead of hartly
It's not what you want but what makes sense.

If Hartley manages to start challenging Gasly from now onwards it will make sense to keep both for continuation unless they have a Leclerc or Verstappen ready to get into the seat.

I doubt Norris will be allowed to go to Toro Rosso by McLaren.

techman
techman

well i would swap norris with brendon any day. today luck played a big part. and from what i understand sainz is rumoured to go to mclaren with alonso for 2019. so that leave norris out and with dan still with no superliencese. i could well seee norris in. brendon still need luck to even get points. but i give credit to him for hime to staying out when the team told him to come in

Karim28
Karim28

We should admit that McLaren won't leave Norris easily as I think Fernando will leave them this year and they won't have any choice except Norris and may be they promised him to take Fernando's seat
And for Dan Ticktum , there are problems with his superlicence and there is a possibility that he won't be ready for 2019 yet
the team have just 2 ways . first they keep this line-up (which i don't like) with hartley and gasly . the other one is to replace hartley with a Japanese driver who drives for honda , this one will make it easy to sell the team to Honda as they target

hasika
hasika

I think Hartley is OK this week,he did a good job.The car is just not good.
It seems all the teams improves during the season,even Williams made a step this weekend.Maybe Toro Rosso also had some improvements,but very small compared to others obviously.The performance in the medium-high speed corners is not good,still lack of the traction when out of the corner.The car's weekness was not solved or get better from the start of the season.The power unit still big gap to Mercedes and Ferrari.I am really worried about the rest of the season.

restless
restless

Karim28 wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 01:39
We should admit that McLaren won't leave Norris easily as I think Fernando will leave them this year and they won't have any choice except Norris and may be they promised him to take Fernando's seat
And for Dan Ticktum , there are problems with his superlicence and there is a possibility that he won't be ready for 2019 yet
the team have just 2 ways . first they keep this line-up (which i don't like) with hartley and gasly . the other one is to replace hartley with a Japanese driver who drives for honda , this one will make it easy to sell the team to Honda as they target
Name this Japanese driver with superlicense...
The truth is there is no young Japanese driver ready for F1...

techman
techman

i hope its not a japanese driver. hopefully nando or dan.curret japanese driver need more experience but when they do then i would like to see one

restless
restless

Lando has bulletproof contract with Mclaren
Dan Ticktum doesn't have enough points and seems no way to get enough for superlicense

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 00:03
well i would swap norris with brendon any day. today luck played a big part. and from what i understand sainz is rumoured to go to mclaren with alonso for 2019. so that leave norris out and with dan still with no superliencese. i could well seee norris in. brendon still need luck to even get points. but i give credit to him for hime to staying out when the team told him to come in
So you tihnk you can just walk into your neighborhood grocery market and give them brendon and pick up NOrris? lol. It takes two to tango. You can't just get a driver in your team like picking up grocery. =D>

gdanielwesley
gdanielwesley

restless wrote:Lando has bulletproof contract with Mclaren
Dan Ticktum doesn't have enough points and seems no way to get enough for superlicense
If Lando is not getting a drive in McLaren F1 then it would make sense for mcl to loan him so he gets some F1 experience for a year.

Big Tea

Remember guys, a team allowing a driver to go to STR would probably lose points by it.
If Say Norris went to STR and was on par with Gasley that would bean 16 more points for STR, many of which would have come from Mclaren.
It is quite possible STR would be infront of Mclaren had Lando been driving for them this year.

(I do not want to go down the road of STR would be infront of Mclaren if..., don't go there please, its an example)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

techman
techman

So you tihnk you can just walk into your neighborhood grocery market and give them brendon and pick up NOrris? lol. It takes two to tango. You can't just get a driver in your team like picking up grocery. =D>
you reckon mclaren want Brendon, some one who marko doesnt want and slow?lol mclaren have to give norris a seat next year and he should know that by october from my understanding, if not norris can move to anyteam of his liking. mclaren rumoured to have sainz and alonso. not sure but thats what is rumoured.

McG

techman wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 00:03
As you understand? :lol:
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

!Technical
!Technical

I don't know of any young Japanese drivers that would be good enough. Someone who may be good enough and who is currently a Honda driver goes by the name of Naoki Yamamoto (Button's teammate in Super GT). He is 29 though and I'm not too sure about his English proficiency. What do you think Hasika?

I think the current lineup at TR is ok. Let's give them the rest of the year to prove what they can do before tearing their heads off. It's clear that the chassis department is lacking something or perhaps it is the rookies that are providing poor feedback leading to setup misdirection. We can speculate all we want.

gshevlin
gshevlin

Brendon Hartley comes from the WEC, where you definitely don't win the race on lap 1 or even lap 50. You play the long game. He is always looking to be there at the end. Gasly is trying to mix it from the beginning. It is actually a good balance. The Bahrain result was a fluke. We can see that the current car is just not competitive enough.

Karim28
Karim28

restless wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 09:41
Name this Japanese driver with superlicense...
The truth is there is no young Japanese driver ready for F1...
It's not necessary for this driver to be young . At least he should extracts the best of the car
The real problem that RedBull has cut the relations with drivers like Daniil Kvyat or Jean-Eric Vergne , they would help in this situation