2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
makecry
makecry

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 13:41
So you tihnk you can just walk into your neighborhood grocery market and give them brendon and pick up NOrris? lol. It takes two to tango. You can't just get a driver in your team like picking up grocery. =D>
you reckon mclaren want Brendon, some one who marko doesnt want and slow?lol mclaren have to give norris a seat next year and he should know that by october from my understanding, if not norris can move to anyteam of his liking. mclaren rumoured to have sainz and alonso. not sure but thats what is rumoured.
What the fark does Mclaren have to do with anything related to Hartley? Your obsession with mclaren is a bit amusing.

techman
techman

What the fark does Mclaren have to do with anything related to Hartley? Your obsession with mclaren is a bit amusing.
go read your earlier statement about swapping brendon with norris. :lol: . no one wants brendon. norris on the other hand can leave mclaren if mclaren did not give him a seat for 2019 by october. hopefully it happens that norris gets a seat at TR.

nzjrs

makecry wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 03:20
techman wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 13:41
So you tihnk you can just walk into your neighborhood grocery market and give them brendon and pick up NOrris? lol. It takes two to tango. You can't just get a driver in your team like picking up grocery. =D>
you reckon mclaren want Brendon, some one who marko doesnt want and slow?lol mclaren have to give norris a seat next year and he should know that by october from my understanding, if not norris can move to anyteam of his liking. mclaren rumoured to have sainz and alonso. not sure but thats what is rumoured.
my observation is the poster bounces from one obsession to another with neither rhyme nor reason, blown about by the fickle winds of the randoms on twitter.

hasika
hasika

I think its pointless to discuss the drivers now,because the whole package's performance is a bigger problem.

McMika98
McMika98

Hopefully Sainz will be back as his options are limited now that Renault are targeting Ocon and Alonso. Macca will prolly have to do with to Vando and Lando given the joke of a team and farce they are, cant see any top driver wanting to join them.
Anyways raceweek and weather looks unsettled till Sunday. Lets see if these roookie drivers can do anything special. If they fail to get out of Q1 then its clear they are the problem and not the car or engine.

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 03:43
go read your earlier statement about swapping brendon with norris. :lol: . no one wants brendon. norris on the other hand can leave mclaren if mclaren did not give him a seat for 2019 by october. hopefully it happens that norris gets a seat at TR.
Ehh.. that was me replying to your statement about swapping them and i was telling you that its not like going into a grocery store. lol. =D>

techman
techman

:lol: your grocery store idea would have worked if TR had a max verstappen. i am pretty sure mclarn would have done the swap easy.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

techman wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 10:28
:lol: your grocery store idea would have worked if TR had a max verstappen. i am pretty sure mclarn would have done the swap easy.
If Toro Rosso had a Max Verstappen, why would they go to the "grocery shop" to do a swap??? :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

anthonyfa18
anthonyfa18

i like hartly but i would take back carlos and next year fight for 4th in the constructs, gasly and carlos with hartly as a test driver roll

techman
techman

If Toro Rosso had a Max Verstappen, why would they go to the "grocery shop" to do a swap??? :D
who knows :lol: what if max hates something about the team and wants a jump? even if TR wants him.

makecry
makecry

James Key has resigned. I have a feeling they might use Lando was a negotiation tactic. Key with a shortened gardening leave in exchange for Lando.

techman
techman

James Key has resigned. I have a feeling they might use Lando was a negotiation tactic. Key with a shortened gardening leave in exchange for Lando.
i will take it. i would like nando brought in immediately. lando will more experience soon the better. i just hope newey stays with redbull, because he is the real " key" for redbull success. :lol:

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

makecry wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 08:07
Just a thought, would he need to resign if he was going to Red Bull, or it would just be a simple crossover?

Edit: Just seen he's off to Mclaren, biggest transfer of the year so far! How the heck did they pull that off? Except like you said, Lando a sweetner?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

i believe james key got scared that when redbull get the honda, TR will be exposed when redbull honda shines and finger pointing will begin toward Key. so he decided to leave

GhostF1
GhostF1

techman wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 08:38
i believe james key got scared that when redbull get the honda, TR will be exposed when redbull honda shines and finger pointing will begin toward Key. so he decided to leave
That is highly unlikely and a little juvenile... Red Bull have the data they know what is what.
More than likely Key sees McLaren and their rebuilding as a forward step for his career, and to be honest, that's probably true. Toro Rosso will always be "the development/baby team" to RBR. McLaren are a top 5 team going through issues but also major restructure. I can definitely see the appeal for Key.

But agreed. I'd love to see Lando with a full time F1 contract. Would be nice to see him in the TR