2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Lando isnt cutting it in GP2, so why should they want another rookie who has been pumping up with glory runs in practice. Just look at Vandoorne, who has years of experience over Lando and won GP2. Best bet is to have Sainz back next year, as he might not have a race seat by the looks of things.

rogazilla
rogazilla

I agree. At this point i don’t think bringing in a driver is a priority. Might as well keep the 2 and develop with continuity for the rest of the season. A point or two at this point is not as important as to understand the package and sort out the rear with Red Bull and Honda. Keep Key away from helping McL and work on getting L for next season is strategically correct for TR.

Personally I would love if key can start right away. McL May have to do some negotiating to make it happen.

HPD

Marko already said it. If Lando does not run in 2019, he is a free driver. James Key can remain in TR fulfilling his contract and Lando run in TR 2019 without any problem.
Mclaren has nothing to negotiate with

PhillipM
PhillipM

They've already been negotiating, this isn't a surprise to Marko, he's just playing PR to apply leverage - and it's working, people are lapping it up.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 12:51
Lando isnt cutting it in GP2, so why should they want another rookie who has been pumping up with glory runs in practice. Just look at Vandoorne, who has years of experience over Lando and won GP2. Best bet is to have Sainz back next year, as he might not have a race seat by the looks of things.
There's strong indication that Sainz could be a Mclaren driver if he does leave Renault. If that's the case, Mclaren could be in a better position, as we have no idea how Lando will perform in F1.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

personally eventually key will be in mclaren, so marko should not keep him in gardening leave for long. just get some money and send him there and get lando in quick

Zynerji

Sounds silly, but if I was Stroll, id be trying to get into STR for next year.

RedBull parts means more money diverts to aero, and the addition of dads money means even more development.

I never liked him as a pay driver, but he actually isn't that bad. He flies a lame duck at Williams. Id be interested to see how he does in a more developed car.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Gasly P6, ahead of the so called rain master... Great great performance in tough conditions. Good job Hartley as well...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Singabule
Singabule

Great job, pirelli wet suck tbh

techman
techman

lucky but i will take it, any thing is better at this point, some more points hopefully

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

techman wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 16:20
lucky but i will take it, any thing is better at this point, some more points hopefully
Not luck, conditions were the same for everyone, especially in Q3. The boys did a good job.

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 16:24
techman wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 16:20
Not luck, conditions were the same for everyone, especially in Q3. The boys did a good job.
Yeh they did a good job, but it was all about timing. The planning had to do a good job to time their lap starts, and the drivers had to do a good job to push as hard as they did but stay on track.

Taking nothing from anyone, it was the timing that made the difference, be it luck or judgment. Good result.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jerrycobra
Jerrycobra

Looking at FP pace I think they would have had a shot at Q3 even in the dry.

McMika98
McMika98

Hartley has earned some respect in the last two races and hope he delivers tomorrow. I worry that Max will lunge inside Pierre tomorrow and take him out.

The drivers are delivering, no need to change. I actually think that todays performance was half driver half engine mapping. Teams with customer engine struggled today, would have expected more from RedBull but i dont think they had optimal mapping for wets like Renault.

McMika98
McMika98

Honda twitter feed clearly proves that they were updating settings and maps throughout quali. Top effort from the team👍👍. Can we please have more wet quali 😳😳