2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

McMika98 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 17:07
Honda twitter feed clearly proves that they were updating settings and maps throughout quali. Top effort from the team👍👍. Can we please have more wet quali 😳😳

proteus

For tomorrow i give a chance that Gasly might get a podium finish. A crash at the start between Vettel and Mercs, or Raikkonen, and a retirement from Redbull could provide Gasly the chance to secure the podium. STR has the car for Hungaroring track.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

McMika98
McMika98

Yes fingers crossed. Almost tempted think they will start on Ultrasoft and fly off the start on a green track after todays washout. Then get thoer elbows out as overtaking here is challenging. Lets see.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Gasly on a podium?

Not unless it rains hard and the front runners have some clashes. If it's a dry race, no chance, hell I'd give you 1/10 on that, never mind a betting agency.

McMika98
McMika98

Big if really. If the top 3 or 4 crashes then its feasible but not if they all get a clean start.

Marti_EF3

Good quali today! It shows that the drivablity of the Honda engine is still good! And that someone that is every day blaming on Hartley, now in conditions where the driver counts a lot more, he is there. So it's not that bad. I expect that now he will deliver more 😁

And show too that the chasid is not bad too... Only it lacks evolution compared to other midfield teams

Big Tea

One big advantage for them is that they may make it as far as the tyre stops before having to submit to blue flags. This should save them several seconds, which with new tyres they can keep.
By the same token though, I hope they do not pick fights they can not win. Don't destroy their own race by trying to stop someone passing who is obviously much faster.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

I think they should start with Ultra and Gasly try to overtake Sainz on the start. And then do their own race keeping the tires safe to last longer. They will have fresh air in front because the top 3 teams are much faster. And the only real threat on the rear is Verstappen and maybe Ricciardo. With verstappen I would chose to let him pass because you can't race against a RBR. But at least, a 5th or 6th place is available if everything goes well. Same for Hartley if he can keep up following Verstappen and trying to fish something...

McMika98
McMika98

The chassis is an ok chassis, everyone had max downforce. The engine mapping was a big deal but i guess it will be quietly slip. RedBull has a hell of a chassis yet they are behind TR here. Max was complaining about driveability, and struggling with the car. Only thing that explains is that they have basic setting on engine map and no matter what downforce they have, they struggled with traction on a changing condition.

PhillipM
PhillipM

The thing that explains it is the weather was changing and TR got their timing better, nothing more or less.

etusch

proteus wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 18:32
For tomorrow i give a chance that Gasly might get a podium finish. A crash at the start between Vettel and Mercs, or Raikkonen, and a retirement from Redbull could provide Gasly the chance to secure the podium. STR has the car for Hungaroring track.
I prefer something like Vettel's Monza victory. A good wet performance from both driver...

bigblue

Good performance from the rookies, did not bin the cars.

G'dayBruce
G'dayBruce

Brendon - "Mate, these McLarens are f***ed"
Haha, careful Brendon, if they are that bad, there might soon be one of their drivers with an eye on your seat...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/20 ... y.amp.html

Singabule
Singabule

Good drive from Gas! Good point. Medium tyres is slow

techman
techman

good points. come on marko , just give key and bring in norris quickly, we need two competent drivers. shame i was expecting points from both but only one will honestly will bring points in reality