Honda Civic Si Sedan or Seat Leon 2.0T FSI?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".

Honda Civic Si Sedan
60%
Seat Leon 2.0T FSI
40%

Total votes: 10

Belatti
Belatti

A friend of mine is trying to decide wich of these two cars to buy. Both are arround USD 32K, have 5 doors, 6 speed manual gearbox, 2.0L engines and 200HP (SEAT has Turbo, Honda has Vtec)

I like the Honda and its 8000rpm, but many others like the Turbo.

What do you think?
Last edited by Belatti on 13 Jul 2008, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Honda Civic Si Sedan or Seat Leon 2.0T FSI?

I'd go for the Honda. It's more 'bulletproof'. Seat Leon is also criticised for dreadful roadnoise and ride comfort. On the other hand Seat looks better and the VW 2.0 TFSI is said to be great.

Personnaly I would also consider Mazda 3 MPS (known as mazdaspeed3 in some countries). It costs as much if not less and has a 2.3 turbo with around 260bhp (manual 6) and diff to keep all those horses on the road. And quite good kit. Also mazdas are known to be very reliable and handle very well!

The Focus is on the same platform as Mazda3 so perhaps it's worth looking at the ST version as well :wink:

pistonheads.com: focus st-2

Belatti
Belatti

Thanks a lot Mod, but unfortunately those two cars are not available down here :(
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

modbaraban
modbaraban

Belatti wrote:Thanks a lot Mod, but unfortunately those two cars are not available down here :(
Well on the other hand you're lucky because the hottest Civic we get is the european Type-R hatch (UK production) but at the back it has torsion beam axle instead of the sedan's double wishbone layout, which is quite...
:lol:

Belatti
Belatti

jajaja :lol:
That "smelling sh*t face" from Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious.

We are even more lucky than what you think, cause the Hottest Civic we can get are these:

modbaraban
modbaraban

Oouch! That's too hot!

benjabulle
benjabulle

don't know about the Honda but I own a Seat Altea with the TFSI 200 Cv and the DSG gearbox. Very good choice for the price, the engine is strong enough (for me), the sound is really nice and the DSG a good choice with this engine.

Belatti
Belatti

I would appreciate somo more votes, come on you people! :P

HKS

Belatti, I have heard the road conditions in Argentina are bad. Is it true? If it is true. The Japanese car could have suspension problems and has to be handled with care. I have driven the Honda Civic 1.8 VTec, it's good. As far as I have heard about SEAT it's good. but again Honda Civic is a saloon, so I would rather prefer a saloon over an hatchback. ;).

And afterall it's Honda. :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

Belatti
Belatti

I have heard many manufacturers modify suspension for imported models sold here. Generally they increase ride height and strengthen some suspension elements, but I´m not sure which.

Road conditions may be bad somewhere but you would not use a Civic Si to travel all across Patagonia where there are BIG distances in gravel roads. Believe me that the BEST car you can choose for that is a Peugeot 504:

In large cities, access freeways are in acceptable conditions and so do avenues. Another thing it´s downtown, where asphalt condition may vary.

After all, the ones who own a Porsche or a Ferrari here have to take even more care :wink:

HKS

Belatti wrote:I have heard many manufacturers modify suspension for imported models sold here. Generally they increase ride height and strengthen some suspension elements, but I´m not sure which.
Surely they might. But still the Japanese cars are meant for roads without potholes and would surely suffer on these roads. I have myself seen a couple of cases.But at the end of the day, all cars have some kind of problem. I would myself prefer the Honda Civic as I'm one big admirer of this car.
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.