2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sasha
Sasha

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Alonso two year deal? World champ in 2020?

djos

f1316 wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 14:18
djos wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:42
marvin78 wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 13:38

From what do you get that?
Hulk is a very very good driver and I'm a fan of his, but I base my opinion on Dan's overtaking ability under braking, that's next level stuff.
I’d just say that this is the ideal thing for Hulk - he knows the team and the car and most people accept that Ricciardo is a top driver; if he outperforms him anything close to how he has Sainz - or even if he just matches DR - that will reflect very well on Hulk and his stock will rise.
I think hulk will be quite competitive with Dan too, I don't think Dan will crush hulk, I think it'll be pretty close with Dan still coming out on top.
"In downforce we trust"

Cannonballer
Cannonballer

It seems likely that Red Bull would not match Max's salary, which made all of the assurances about driver parity ring hollow, effectively guaranteeing Ricciardo de facto second driver status.

I wonder if/how the teams reaction to the Baku incident (behind closed doors, not publicly) influenced Ricciardo's decision?
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

McMika98
McMika98

Sasha wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 01:06
Ok what's with this sickly infatuation. U were desperate to get rid of him for last three years. Have some self respect man.
He sadly does not bring luck, and if he did get it and RedBull aero isnt all that he will let you have it all over again. GP2 gp2.

Cannonballer
Cannonballer

McMika98 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 07:18
Sasha wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 01:06
Ok what's with this sickly infatuation. U were desperate to get rid of him for last three years. Have some self respect man.
He sadly does not bring luck, and if he did get it and RedBull aero isnt all that he will let you have it all over again. GP2 gp2.
I would definitely bet against Alonso getting the Red Bull drive. However as a F1 fan, there is no person I would rather see in that seat. Even from the perspective of a Red Bull fan, Alonso battling Verstappen in the same car would be incredible.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

Sasha
Sasha

Gasly

Alonso is out because of his mouth, cost and age......doesn't fit the RB/Honda marketing.
But Alonso can do a end of career swan move by cutting his pay from 30m to 5-10m and sign a no bad talk contract with high fine penalties.(expect Alonso in Indycar next year)

NathanOlder

Just out of interest, all these fans that go to see Max race at Spa and Austria, how much money does that make Red Bull ? If he's paid 25mill then the fans at Spa don't make any money back for red bull, and the A1 ring surely operates at a loss ? As Silverstone don't make a profit and there are more people at Silverstone than there is at the A1 ring, and I'd bet the Silverstone ticket is more expensive than the Austrian tickets.

And for apexcontrol, you say Max has the most fans ect ect, The Max fans certainly stand out as they all wear orange. Hamilton and Vettel fans will blend in a lot more. If you compare Max to Lewis in terms of followers (and a follower is a fan) then Max is not even in Hamiltons league.

Max has 839k twitter fans and 1.6m instagram fans.
Lewis has 5.3m twitter fans and 6.9m instagram fans.

So 2.4m vs 12.2m so again, not in the same league. Max is not the most supported driver on the grid, he's not the most successful, he's not the highest paid, and you cannot say he's the fastest either. Should I start calling you Jos ? As thats what its starting to look like. Max has never won a championship in a single seater racecar, he was beat by Ocon in equal machinery so please calm it down a little dude.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 23:41
Just out of interest, all these fans that go to see Max race at Spa and Austria, how much money does that make Red Bull ? If he's paid 25mill then the fans at Spa don't make any money back for red bull, and the A1 ring surely operates at a loss ? As Silverstone don't make a profit and there are more people at Silverstone than there is at the A1 ring, and I'd bet the Silverstone ticket is more expensive than the Austrian tickets.

And for apexcontrol, you say Max has the most fans ect ect, The Max fans certainly stand out as they all wear orange. Hamilton and Vettel fans will blend in a lot more. If you compare Max to Lewis in terms of followers (and a follower is a fan) then Max is not even in Hamiltons league.

So 2.4m vs 12.2m so again, not in the same league. Max is not the most supported driver on the grid, he's not the most successful, he's not the highest paid, and you cannot say he's the fastest either. Should I start calling you Jos ? As thats what its starting to look like. Max has never won a championship in a single seater racecar, he was beat by Ocon in equal machinery so please calm it down a little dude.
It is not a question of being paid by people watching but of association with the brand. Off set by TV advertising and free samples etc. Dietrich Mateschitz started off by putting half a million into a Thai company for a 50% share, so I think his business model id 'proven', even it it does not seem sensible to give stuff away.

There is a good article on Red Bull in F1 here BTW

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2014 ... rmula-one/
(its from 2014 BTW)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Edax
Edax

NathanOlder wrote:

I should know better than stepping into a rooster fight. But I think the “Max effect” is certainly there.

I mean you talk about Austria and Spa, but lately there has been a significant dutch attendance at almost every race in Europe. Even in Montreal I met with a lot of dutch who flew in especially for the race.

The country itself seems to have gone completely mad. Both Zandvoort and Assen are now bidding for a place on the F1 calender, and they have the former prime minister lobbying for it.

Red bull is doing 2 or 3 demonstrations per year in Holland, attendance is higher than many F1 races (>100k). And it is undenyable that it brings in money for Red Bull. Aside from that, Red bull has bought a complete country for 6 million a year, that is a pretty good deal by any standards.

But in the end it has to be done on track. I have been following Lewis since he caught my attention in GP2. I wouldn’t call myself a fan (for the simple reason that it feels strange to be a fan of someone you could have fathered). But even then you could see that you were dealing with someone special. I still rate his GP2 drive in Turkey among his best, but to be fair it was initiated by an unecessary first lap spin. VES reminds me of that early Hamilton. Heaps of talent, but also a lot of over exuberance and mistakes.

I don’t buy into the hype. But I do think VES can become one of the F1 greats if he like Hamilton learns to restrain himself, stops making his own life difficult.

Or not..... and then he will remain one of F1’s unfilled promises, like Juan Pablo Montoya. One of these guys that no one ever predicted that he would not win a championship.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

<Removed. It was off-topic, off-tone, and goading for a fan fight.>
Last edited by apexcontrol on 05 Aug 2018, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

https://www.vkmag.com/magazine/van_link ... oostenrijk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAASu_9fio
just watch this, there is no other driver on the grid. that will get something like this going on

what would you like supporting like a keyboard warrior on twitter, or actually have a big party on the gp its self

you see max dont need twitter you give him and his fans the camera,

all European gp and the F1 organisation want a piece of the maxmania pie,

and to remind you he is not even a champion and only 20 years old, what you think what will happen if he gets a good car and can be champion, this will be totally out of control

djos

Apex enough, your fanboi love letters are tiresome! Go play on Facebook if you want to act like a teenage girl!
"In downforce we trust"

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Why is that these sort of people are unable to condense their thoughts into one post.

Webber2011
Webber2011

apexcontrol wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 03:08
NathanOlder wrote:

What ever you want mate, ask many sold out gps due to max, hamilton and twitter how cute. 18000 fans drive 1100km only for max in aus gp ....max gets his own village and hamilton got twitter.

Max is madmax, and we love him, just because he does not give --- about twitter, he does not give --- about being something like p diddy, he like to race and nothing else

Max is warfare on the grid. hamilton is twitter&glitter on the grid, so give princess hamilton a kiss , ill go party @ max village, a place where the man eat meat and drinks some ice colds beers, a place where we dont give --- about twitter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NK5-rlLP4

Good luck with twitter
In all honesty mate, this is a technical forum.
Fans of any driver are welcomed, as long as they can show a little constraint and maturity though.

I myself for example am an unashamed Ricciardo fan, but I didn't come here and polute the forum with childish fanboy rants.
Instead, I find myself more often than not simply observing, and learning.

That's what this place is for after all.
If you don't understand that, you might be better served returning to Autosport.

The behavior you've shown here seems much more acceptable and tolerated on that kind of forum.

seventhsin

Well Dan's move was the catalyst I needed to go to the GP next year. Looking forward to see how the rest of the silly season pans out!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk