Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

If he doesn't, it won't be because of Max, that's for sure.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GPR-A duplicate2

Phil wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 11:36
I agree with this. There are a few reasons for Red Bull to not hire him.
One, he severed his relationship with RB to move out to Renault.
Second and the most important, he has been beaten by Hulk quite comprehensively. Despite having more retirements, Hulk is quite far ahead on points compared to Sainz.

If Renault would have rated Sainz highly, they would have kept him alongside Ricciardo. But they are letting him go, which is clearly understandable. All in all, Sainz's stocks have gone down considerably, whereas Max has beaten Ric in qualifying and it was the reliability issues (more than his own mistakes) that have kept Max away from Ric on points.

If McLaren are indeed looking for Vandoorne's replacement, I can't imagine them going beyond Lando Norris. So it's hard to believe Sainz would be in race for McLaren seat.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 06 Aug 2018, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

Phil wrote:
sure it is not, it is what you think is sure.

anyway, MAG would actualy fit quite good to RB , fast & chav enough he is.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

jz11
jz11

GPR-A wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 11:50
whereas Max has beaten Ric in qualifying and it was the reliability issues (more than his own mistakes) that have kept Max away from Ric on points.
I see this come up time and time again, I think it is total rubbish... (not wanting to turn this into flame war)
Dan had to deal with about the same amount of technical problems and even turned one of those into a win, so I just can't read this and not reply to that

And then let's not forget Max taking Dan out of races couple times, one of those took them both out, so it is very unfair to say that Max would be near Dan if not Maxes technical problems, because the counter argument - if Dan wouldn't have so much car and strategy related problems, Max would be nowhere near Dan in championship points, but that wouldn't go along with the more marketable driver being the actual drag of the team

If there was someone on RBs toes in WCC race, I'm quite sure the story would be quite different, the amount of points RB is losing to favoring Max is just ridiculous, there were more than enough times where Max could have helped team score more points and team just did nothing, or let him be mad Max

the way I see it, and why I support Dan all the way and dislike Max is Dan has been doing everything to succeed on his own AND the team, and Max has been doing nothing but trying to beat Dan at all costs, so all things equal right now, IMO, Dan, even though he is losing the quali war, is way better driver than Max is

sorry for OT, if this belongs to another thread, please move my post

Phil

GPR-A wrote:
One, he severed his relationship with RB to move out to Renault.
That's actually not true. Sainz is still contracted by RedBull. He was on loan to Renault, not least because of TR and the Honda deal. That's all. AFAIK, RedBull must have an option on Sainz for next year, which expires I think end of September. Until then, Sainz's future is unsure, unless a team buys him out. That's why Renault was not considering Sainz for next year because they couldn't wait and were looking at suitable replacements in Ocon and have now signed Ricciardo.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

TwanV
TwanV

jz11 wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 12:09
GPR-A wrote:
whereas Max has beaten Ric in qualifying and it was the reliability issues (more than his own mistakes) that have kept Max away from Ric on points.
I see this come up time and time again, I think it is total rubbish... (not wanting to turn this into flame war)
yet you went along and did it anyway.. RB didn't let RIC go, he chose to leave. Nobody's saying your favourite is a bad driver don't worry.
Last edited by TwanV on 06 Aug 2018, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

WaikeCU

jz11 wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 12:09
GPR-A wrote:
Dan had to deal with about the same amount of technical problems and even turned one of those into a win, so I just can't read this and not reply to that

And then let's not forget Max taking Dan out of races couple times, one of those took them both out, so it is very unfair to say that Max would be near Dan if not Maxes technical problems, because the counter argument - if Dan wouldn't have so much car and strategy related problems, Max would be nowhere near Dan in championship points, but that wouldn't go along with the more marketable driver being the actual drag of the team

If there was someone on RBs toes in WCC race, I'm quite sure the story would be quite different, the amount of points RB is losing to favoring Max is just ridiculous, there were more than enough times where Max could have helped team score more points and team just did nothing, or let him be mad Max

the way I see it, and why I support Dan all the way and dislike Max is Dan has been doing everything to succeed on his own AND the team, and Max has been doing nothing but trying to beat Dan at all costs, so all things equal right now, IMO, Dan, even though he is losing the quali war, is way better driver than Max is

sorry for OT, if this belongs to another thread, please move my post
Let's not forgot our Russian friend Kvyat actually beat Ric in his first season driving for Red Bull and what has happened to him?

For me, Max still is a GP winner, even if people praise him like the next best thing or the next Champion in F1.

radosav
radosav

My sources told me that Verstappen put veto on Sainz, but he has only one veto to put and now team decided to bring Alonso to teach him a lesson and to evaluate how good Verstappen is.

NathanOlder

radosav wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 15:39
My sources told me that Verstappen put veto on Sainz, but he has only one veto to put and now team decided to bring Alonso to teach him a lesson and to evaluate how good Verstappen is.
This would be a dream. I hope your sources are Horner and Marko
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

TwanV
TwanV

Alonso back to Honda, yeah.. I think there will be a Japanese veto if that is ever considered. RB doesn't need to "teach lessons" and evaluate how good VES is, they've been doing that for the last couple of years. But I would like to see VES next to ALO, would be good.

Sieper

And on that Bomshell, Ric to Renault, Ver to McLaren. Sai and Gas to RBR.

Sily season in full swing :-D.

PlatinumZealot

FrukostScones wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 11:52
Phil wrote:
sure it is not, it is what you think is sure.

anyway, MAG would actualy fit quite good to RB , fast & chav enough he is.
MAG is no pushover. Might as well put Alonso in the seat if you're gonna talk about KMAG.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

netoperek
netoperek

I just wonder were Kubica will be when the dust settles :)

marmer
marmer

netoperek wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 19:13
I just wonder were Kubica will be when the dust settles :)
Williams as stroll will go to force India Perez to haas replacing roman

Jolle
Jolle

I think RIC made the right move. Staying my at RedBull the chance would be he would end up like Webber, frustrated and feeling like a number two drivers next to Marko’s favorite.
Works seats (especially with the downgrade of McLaren are scarce and the top three have big talent programs and/or have a steady number one. Mercedes is impossible as long as Hamilton is there (at least two more seasons) and Vettel is quite firm at Ferrari. So that leaves Renault. A team that is slowly building up their workforce and have the ambition to make it a top four instead of top three. Already a good chance they will be fighting RedBull next year with a still in developing Honda.

What if Mercedes made Webber an offer for 2010?