[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Team_Bart

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

CAEdevice wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 16:23
Simply the fender has to be inlcuded into the "carbody" volume, that you can find in the template.
https://ibb.co/i3oyDU
Ah I understand now, there was probably a visualizationproblem when opening the control assembly. When opening the full assembly, the bodywork volume has no right side (see figure). When I open only vol_bodywork.STL file it has, so I can use that one :)

CAEdevice

Team_Bart wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 11:42
CAEdevice wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 16:23
Simply the fender has to be inlcuded into the "carbody" volume, that you can find in the template.
https://ibb.co/i3oyDU
Ah I understand now, there was probably a visualizationproblem when opening the control assembly. When opening the full assembly, the bodywork volume has no right side (see figure). When I open only vol_bodywork.STL file it has, so I can use that one :)
I confirm, the official template sometimes gives this iusse (since 2017): it depends on the CAD you use to import it (ex. with Creo that surface is ok, with Solidworks not).

I am not sure to remember correctly, but I put a link on this forum with a "mirrored" and corrected version of the official template in STEP format..
Last edited by CAEdevice on 25 Aug 2018, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

LVDH

Interesting. I checked yesterday and everything look OK. I will look further into it this Monday.

Tomorrow at 1.00p.m. you guys will be able to see the results of the race.

machin

Under two hours to go... We've got all the cars ready to go out and set some quick times...
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

So guys, here you go:

variante

Cool! Congratulations to CAEdevice, JJR and Pure Power R. !!
I kinda expected CAEdevice to win, considering last year results... But I also expected JJR to pull out some more downforce, as he usually does.
As for me, I had a very stupid cooling problem. It has already been solved without performance losses, so I expect a very good result for the next race.

Congratulations to the other guys too, and I'm sure the new ones will progress very quickly.

etsmc
etsmc

Was hoping for better but knew it was going to be a poor result. Congrats to pure power racing. We were battling last year but i think you are going to walk away from my car this year. Good work to the new comers also not too far off the pace considering.

Ft5fTL

Congratulations to all the participants and congratulations to CAEdevice for the victory. Feels rather nice to get to the podium for a change. However i dont think i can replicate that again on the upcoming races.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

I see the results only now (I was climbing in a place were there is not any internet connection).

The new video with the race is fantastic! Very good job. After 60% of the the lap I was a bit worried.

JJR best opponent as always, congratulations! Pure Power confirms its improvements.

Not a good result for Variante but with very interesting numbers: he will fight for the first place in the next races.

The intro car, despite some design errors caused by inexperience of the new team (Vortex), looks very competitive.

For the next race I will introduce two new concepts (it is too early to show them now, but I will do before race 2). They will not improve immediately the performance but they are promising for the 3rd race.

machin

After 60% of the the lap I was a bit worried.
Yes, this format was the only way I could think to get you a little worried! 😀

From our point of view the "best" track layout would be one with one big long corner (so the cars with lots of downforce would pull out a lead), followed by a big long straight (so the cars with low drag would claw back and hopefully overtake!).

Congratulations to all involved. 👍

variante

machin wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 22:10
After the first set of corners I almost thought the impossible could become reality... :cry:

etsmc
etsmc

just downloaded my official results and surprised to see some of the images were a bunch of music playlists and also some Linux cli.. anyone else get this?
But i did find out that i thought i was going to be down on power due to cooling but was not the case.. :)

machin

variante wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 23:36
machin wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 22:10
After the first set of corners I almost thought the impossible could become reality... :cry:
Well, joint third isn't too bad! 😊

I suspect that CAEdevice was probably ahead even by that first point; the video shows two speed trap readings rather than sector times; basically because we have no driver variables most of the time the cars have sorted themselves out into winning order after a couple of corners... That's why I avoided sector times...

LVDH

etsmc wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 09:02
just downloaded my official results and surprised to see some of the images were a bunch of music playlists and also some Linux cli.. anyone else get this?
But i did find out that i thought i was going to be down on power due to cooling but was not the case.. :)
I just deleted all reports. I will recreate them Tuesday and send new ones out. This sometimes happens when I get bored when the reports get generated and I start surfing.

etsmc
etsmc

LVDH wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 09:36
etsmc wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 09:02
I just deleted all reports. I will recreate them Tuesday and send new ones out. This sometimes happens when I get bored when the reports get generated and I start surfing.
Thats all good dont worry about resending it. The info is irelevent as the car has developed alot since this race.