2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

Vanja #66 wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:19
Hopefully we won't hear "We have weaker PU" BS from Mercedes and Hamilton anymore.

Great to see Kimi back on top. :D
Why? We still lost 1.5 tenths in sector 3!!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

simieski
simieski

Maybe keeping a wheel or two on the track is indeed a quicker way round the last corner.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Sieper

Of course not, but for the rest I agree.

In reply to the Kimi Vettel story Some Posts back.
Last edited by Sieper on 01 Sep 2018, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

cokata
cokata

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:47
Vanja #66 wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:19
Hopefully we won't hear "We have weaker PU" BS from Mercedes and Hamilton anymore.

Great to see Kimi back on top. :D
Why? We still lost 1.5 tenths in sector 3!!
He was purple in S1 which has 2 long straights with a 1 braking and 1 traction zone. S3 has the ascari chicanes and Parabolica in it (the quickest corners on the track) Both PUs are very close to each other in Q3, in the race Merc are better going by Spa (Ferrari were better because of how much time they were gaining in the traction zones, but were constantly bleeding time on the straights). Before the spec 3 Ferrari had a small advantage. That's why Merc were so puzzled after spa, because they knew how big of a step they made but it was not enough. Vettel also seemed pretty happy with the improvement in his Spec 3, but i feel Merc a tiny bit ahead now.

Vasconia

Juzh wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:05
NathanOlder wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:04
Sky commentators talking about why vettel is pissed off. Saying he towed kimi to pole. But vettel was perfectly placed behind Lewis for the same tow.
He had 2x the distance to hamilton than kini had to vettel.
I think this is the main point, Kimi had the perfect tow while Sebastian was too far from Hamilton, with such a small difference between all of them this is the point where Sebastian has lost the pole.

Anyway, it has been an awesome pole, Mercedes was closer than some people expected and Bottas played perfectly well the second driver role. Tomorrow Sebastian is in a very difficult place because Hamilton can overtake him in the start. I think that Ferrari should try to make a clean start, letting Kimi maintain the position in the first lap while Sebastian tries to cover his own position. Try to switch the positions as soon as the race starts would be a great mistake because Lewis would benefict from this situation.

By the way, awesome work by Carlos though tomorrow he will suffer a lot with a slow car on the straights.

MtthsMlw

Vasconia

Fulcrum wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:45
siskue2005 wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:23
01 Sep 2018, 16:08
What a spoilt brat. The one time he doesn't have every advantage and out comes the pacifier.
yeah i dont know why he is unhappy.... as long as he is in front of Lewis...crybaby much :lol:

Sadly i dont think Ferrari will let Kimi win the race :shock:
or
Will they dare to pull out team orders and face the shame in front of the tifosi?
Unfortunately, this is the aspect of Vettel's character I don't appreciate.

He's got a pretty sweet setup at Ferrari. Raikkonen is always put out as the sweeper in qualifying, Raikkonen always gets the 2nd best race strategy, Raikkonen has to move out of the way when he occasionally finds himself in front of Vettel, and Raikkonen is never able to run contra-strategies in the race in the event that they might cause him to finish in front.

All very structurally reinforcing for Vettel, so I guess he must feel like a great injustice has been perpetrated against him today; which completely undermines Kimi's performance.

Unfortunately, I think that will be it for the weekend. If it rains, Kimi will finish 4th or 5th. In the dry, I'm afraid he'll have another iffy start, invariably lose places, and finish 3rd.

My random prediction, I don't want this to happen but it easily could, is Vettel and Kimi crash in the first chicane.
Vettel was not happy with his own lap. He has had two chances to have a tow from Kimi but I guess he has refused this option because he was ahead of him in both tries.

siskue2005

Vasconia wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 16:57
01 Sep 2018, 16:45

yeah i dont know why he is unhappy.... as long as he is in front of Lewis...crybaby much :lol:

or
Will they dare to pull out team orders and face the shame in front of the tifosi?
Unfortunately, this is the aspect of Vettel's character I don't appreciate.

He's got a pretty sweet setup at Ferrari. Raikkonen is always put out as the sweeper in qualifying, Raikkonen always gets the 2nd best race strategy, Raikkonen has to move out of the way when he occasionally finds himself in front of Vettel, and Raikkonen is never able to run contra-strategies in the race in the event that they might cause him to finish in front.

All very structurally reinforcing for Vettel, so I guess he must feel like a great injustice has been perpetrated against him today; which completely undermines Kimi's performance.

Unfortunately, I think that will be it for the weekend. If it rains, Kimi will finish 4th or 5th. In the dry, I'm afraid he'll have another iffy start, invariably lose places, and finish 3rd.

My random prediction, I don't want this to happen but it easily could, is Vettel and Kimi crash in the first chicane.
Vettel was not happy with his own lap. He has had two chances to have a tow from Kimi but I guess he has refused this option because he was ahead of him in both tries.
we can all understand losing the pole, espceially when it is in front of the tifosi and first pole in almost a decade

But, his remark like "will talk later" .... "he got tow" etc showed a different side of him.

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 01 Sep 2018, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Harvester
Harvester

What a spoilt brat. The one time he doesn't have every advantage and out comes the pacifier.

or
This is what I don't understand. In my opinion they would be very stupid to let Kimi win if they have chance to swap places. Kimi doesn't have chance to win championship. So why the hell would Ferrari let him win. Maybe so for Kimi to feel good. I know that Mercedes wouldn't have such problem. Bottas used to let Hamilton twice in one race. And last year when he gave back position to Bottas in Hungary people almost called him saint but he lost only three points there.

siskue2005

Harvester wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 17:07

or
This is what I don't understand. In my opinion they would be very stupid to let Kimi win if they have chance to swap places. Kimi doesn't have chance to win championship. So why the hell would Ferrari let him win. Maybe so for Kimi to feel good. I know that Mercedes wouldn't have such problem. Bottas used to let Hamilton twice in one race. And last year when he gave back position to Bottas in Hungary people almost called him saint but he lost only three points there.
that is what we call "give respect and take respect"
it is not about the 3 points, it is about the heart to do that.....and surely that reflected on Bottas, when the time comes Bottas will do that for him (germany he obeyed instantly)... Vettel should do that, he should respect Kimi's pole and congratulate him (which he never did...all he said was "we will talk later").
If Vettel had done any such thing in the past, then Kimi will do it even without any teamorders ....but as a prat he has proved time and time again that he would never help his teamamtes (Multi21 etc).

henra
henra

Looking at this and looking at the massive front and rear wing of Merc compared to the Reds where does this funny notion come from that Ferrari is in front of Merc regarding PU ???

atanatizante

1. Lewis was fastest in S1 where is the only place on the track when traction is needed (out of the first chicane). That means they`ve solved Spa traction issues and maybe will give them a better tyre management for having a longer first stint, knowing this is the key to win a one-stop race.

2. Kimi could let Vettel pass at the start and block Lewis afterwards enough for Vettel to build a gap ... but also Bottas can be super easy on his tyres in order to have a longer than usual first stint and have the same game with Vettel after his first pitstop ...

3. For the first time in the weekend, Vettel will put the soft tyres on his second stint ... that should be interesting to see if his setup would be correct based only on Kimi`s data ... or maybe he is relying on his Spa work that he did in FP2?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

siskue2005

henra wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2018, 17:16
Looking at this and looking at the massive front and rear wing of Merc compared to the Reds where does this funny notion come from that Ferrari is in front of Merc regarding PU ???
the extra deployment for ferrari comes in initial phase of the acceleration.
There are many quote about it in this forum.....they use that to get to the top speed early, even if they dont reach the maximum velocity

Vasconia

01 Sep 2018, 17:05

we can all understand losing the pole, espceially when it is in front of the tifosi and first pole in almost a decade

But, his remark like "will talk later" .... "he got tow" etc showed a different side of him.
That would be very stupid because I am sure that the has given the chance to have the tow from Kimi. He had to follow Lewis closer. He was, in fact, his mistake so he should be angry only whith himself. I do hope it because if not he is behaving stupidly.