2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sieper

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

He said, “we speak after” and not sounding very happy. He did not say great job, congrats Kimi, Ferrari 1-2 papapapam, Belle machina, grande lavoro.This gives the impression that there was something he would like to discuss with the team that was not for our ears. If you go a step further and interpret what he said we might expect he wanted to have a tow by Kimi and thinks the team let that chance to help him go amiss.

F1NAC

Sieper wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 14:19
He said, “we speak after” and not sounding very happy. He did not say great job, congrats Kimi, Ferrari 1-2 papapapam, Belle machina, grande lavoro.This gives the impression that there was something he would like to discuss with the team that was not for our ears. If you go a step further and interpret what he said we might expect he wanted to have a tow by Kimi and thinks the team let that chance to help him go amiss.
This gives you an impression but that DOES NOT mean that he held the team responsible.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 12:49
They have an out lap to get the temps right id guess.
Or maybe the discussion we got at Hungarian GP thread when I said Cuquerella pointed out Mercedes is not using tire warmers at the rears because they get them on temps very easily, and some of you didn´t believe, proved to be true in the end :P :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27520&p=790708#p790708

Sierra117

I like how the Samsung ad comes on during F1 on Sky - " ... don'tttt beeee afraiiiddd of these thunderrrrr clouddddssss!" 😂😂😂
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Andres125sx

basti313 wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 09:44
Schuttelberg wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 02:28
I just saw qualifying and refrained from listening or seeing anyone that knew about it. Can someone please tell me what the hell was going on between Alonso & Magnussen? 25 years of watching racing and I've not seen two blokes from separate teams squabble like that in the midfield and then behave like children after that?
That was ridiculous from Alonso:
Instead of going for slipstream as everyone else, Alonso was trailing along before parabolica. So Magnussen overtook him and got a nice gap to the car in front. Alonso would simply need to use a usual Q pace through parabolica and would have had a good gap as well.
Instead Alonso stepped immediately on the pedal and tried to stay as close as possible to Magnussen. Then overtaking attempt into turn 1.

The worst part in turn 1 and 2: Alonso locked his brake in turn 1. Instead of going straight he turned in, went over the sausage curbs and rejoined right at the apex of turn 2. There were already crashes and penalties for such a line at the race start. Rejoining on the apex of turn 2 is nothing else, but stupid or an intentional attempt to crash the car. I have no idea how Alonso can go with this without a severe penalty.
The bolded part is the key here. Every car slows down before parabolica to get some space to the car in front, so they don´t start their fast lap on dirty air. Then the car behing can overtake him because of this, but there´s a gentlemen agreement wich states the car behind will not overtake, as all of them need some clean air so it would be utter nosense to use something they all need to do to take advantage and ruin the car you´re overtaking fast lap

But Magnusen broke the gentlemen agreement and overtook Alonso, ruining his fast lap. Then Alonso, who had nothing to loose as he already was on a positioin much better than expected, decided if he couldn´t do another fast lap because of Magnussen, Kevin wouldn´t take advantage of breaking that gentlemen agreement.

Some will call that instant karma for Kevin, he chose a bad enemy to ruin his fast lap and got what he did deserve :mrgreen: =D>

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

lame... what is ferrari trying to hide. comedians :) hahahahaaaaaaa

Shrieker

The sky looks overcast, but not dark at all. The track looks bone dry at the moment. Maybe there'll be a threat of slight drizzle during the race, but that's it.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GoranF1
GoranF1

Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 13:50
GoranF1 wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 13:40
LionKing wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 13:36

Kimi had a purple S3, I can assure you that those people are not the brightest bunch in the society.
I agree but which line is used for time meassure?
Weird, because by asking that in this context it would put you in the same boat as them.
Actualy i just had 2 hours discution whit them convicing them otherwise....i found a video whit better sound-picture sync in the meanwhile.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Phil

Predict crash between Vettel and Hamilton into T1/T2? :D
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

ScarletRedFan
ScarletRedFan

Let's hope it's a clean first turn! HOLD ON!

Sierra117

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Phil

Well done Hamilton. Very good. Good for Kimi too. Go Kimi!
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

turn on the music baby //////// :)

flynfrog

my stream froze right at the start. Fuu....

Sierra117

That top shot of Vettel showed just how slim the main body work actually is. Quite impressive.

Darn, Kiwi out of the race.
Last edited by Sierra117 on 02 Sep 2018, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir