2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JonoNic

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

I don't believe this Ferrari has an advantage crap. The way Hamilton caught Vettel was too easy
Always find the gap then use it.

Zynerji

MtthsMlw wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:36
Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:35
MtthsMlw wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:33
Kimi had no chance, Ferrari being fooled by Mercs fake pit stop and using Bottas as a road block which destroyed his tyres. Merciless and dirty win by Merc.
It wasn't fake. If he hadn't pitted, mercedes would and simply drive away. It was clear they had much more raw pace.
They put the mechanics out two times and didn't pit him.
3 times...

JonoNic

Restomaniac wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
MtthsMlw wrote:Kimi had no chance, Ferrari being fooled by Mercs fake pit stop and using Bottas as a road block which destroyed his tyres. Merciless and dirty win by Merc.
Ferrari fell for it so not that dirty. It would be nice if someone driving a non Mercedes can win the championship.
Also who’s fault is it that Ferrari had next to no data of the Soft Tyre?.........Ferrari’s is the answer.
I agree

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Always amazes me how much of a tank Kimi is for a racing driver.

Sevach
Sevach

Dumb move by Vettel, very very dumb.
Mercedes using their number 2 for all his worth, Ferrari not doing it.

Still fantastic job by Hamilton.

Juzh

Zynerji wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:39
MtthsMlw wrote:
Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:35

It wasn't fake. If he hadn't pitted, mercedes would and simply drive away. It was clear they had much more raw pace.
3 times...
yeah, there was no need for extra fakes. They just looked at the times and were ready each lap. In the end rai had enough pace to prevent overcut, so they just left hamilton out a few more laps.

cirrusflyer

So Hamilton said tnx to Bottas.
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

Zynerji

JonoNic wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:40
Restomaniac wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
Ferrari fell for it so not that dirty. It would be nice if someone driving a non Mercedes can win the championship.
Also who’s fault is it that Ferrari had next to no data of the Soft Tyre?.........Ferrari’s is the answer.
I agree
I don't understand why Vet didn't go onto mediums with that first lap pit stop... maybe he didn't have a new set?
Last edited by Zynerji on 02 Sep 2018, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

TAG

What a race. My prediction of a Ferrari 1-3 was wrong, who'd have thunk it? I do hope Vettel's red mist doesn't cause this exciting championship race to fall apart again as it's done in the past. Bottas a fantastic drive, defensive when he needed it, charging when he needed it and smart when he needed it.

Oh the other hand, Verstappen is not only stupid, obstinate and dirty, he's not learning from his mistakes. Still young, but man it the kid thick.

Exciting race to say the least.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

JonoNic

Sevach wrote:Dumb move by Vettel, very very dumb.
Mercedes using their number 2 for all his worth, Ferrari not doing it.

Still fantastic job by Hamilton.
This year these cars seem to understeer more when they are overtaken around the outside. Vettel should have known that, it's not the first time for him.

iotar__

- Ferrari driver choices - this race Raikkonen, Vettel vs Hamilton was IMO fairly normal - are biting them in the a... once again,

- Grosjean - superb drive against quicker Fi and own team's strategy.

- Verstappen got a penalty :wtf: ? Was it every tenth they are allowed to give him? Horner is so dishonest comparing clean wheel to wheel to Verstappen's blatant foul.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:41
Zynerji wrote:
MtthsMlw wrote:

3 times...
yeah, there was no need for extra fakes. They just looked at the times and were ready each lap. In the end rai had enough pace to prevent overcut, so they just left hamilton out a few more laps.

They did it twice. I dont think they were "fake". They just wanted do go for the opposite strategy for the 1st one. For the 2nd one they would have entered if the times by Hamilton were worse than Rai on softs, they weren't.

Zynerji

TAG wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:43
What a race. My prediction of a Ferrari 1-3 was wrong, who'd have thunk it? I do hope Vettel's red mist doesn't cause this exciting championship race to fall apart again as it's done in the past. Bottas a fantastic drive, defensive when he needed it, charging when he needed it and smart when he needed it.

Oh the other hand, Verstappen is not only stupid, obstinate and dirty, he's not learning from his mistakes. Still young, but man it the kid thick.

Exciting race to say the least.
Not a fan of purposefully slowing down a competitor tho... Hamilton would have won even without using Bottas as a blocker.

epo
epo

foxmulder_ms wrote:
I am sad for Kimi but it was Ferrari who got panicked after Lewis's pit and asked from him to go for it. This killed his tires. Otherwise he may have chance.

Hamilton was just fast today, great race by him. He knew what he was doing.

Vettel does not deserve this year. Like last year, he is doing too many mistakes. I am surprised but I agree with Nico Rosberg.. hahaha

Abysmal actions by Vestappen. He is just sour sour grape. He thinks he can move left right whenever he wants. Weird. Redbulls wonder boy will fall flat on the face of the hype.

As I wrote at the beginning of this thread. Merc and Ferrari is almost identical. Racecraft is the main determinant.
Bottas should just learn to drive with a car like that, he has no racecraft. Pretty sure if Verstappen would been in de Ferrari or Mercedes would have won, his time will come and I will enjoy your tears then.

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

At least that should put an end to the hypocrisy from the Mercedes camp regarding Bottas's number 2 status.

Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:34
I mean vettel came to within 8s of RAI and 16s of victory from the back of the grid with a quite severly damaged car. Another strategic blunder by ferrari, mainly done yesterday.
Definitely.