[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
machin

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

CAEdevice wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 17:45
I would keep 1.65 as cop/com for the cars running with frontal heated changers and 1.80 for cars with hx behind the rear wheels axle: it would be more realistic.
Don't worry; we use alloy heat exchangers and have enough scope to move the ballast plates to get everyone to the 40:60 weight distribution, :)
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 22:10
CAEdevice wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 17:45
I would keep 1.65 as cop/com for the cars running with frontal heated changers and 1.80 for cars with hx behind the rear wheels axle: it would be more realistic.
Don't worry; we use alloy heat exchangers and have enough scope to move the ballast plates to get everyone to the 40:60 weight distribution, :)
:D

I see.

Anyway: the cars with the Pikes Peak rules will be less elegant, but the wider front wing completely changes the flow along the sides of the car, it will be very interesting to understand how to optimise it.

machin

I think it will be a good send off... we've seen these cars make small development steps across the season, now hopefully we will see something a little different... I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

BlakjeKaas

Oh wow, those new rules should be very interesting!

With a couple of adjustments I would've been able to produce a car with C_d/C_l of 1.3/5 respectively, but in the end wasn't able to, due to them not being compliant with the rules yet.
By changing those parts to be legal and by utilising the new volumes, I'm aiming for a car with a C_l of at least 6.
MVRC: Tulip Racing

variante

Ahh the new Pikes Peak rules are interesting! Making a larger Rear Wing or a larger Diffuser is not going to be that difficult. The real challenge is that wide Front Wing. On one side it might screw up the flows we've been optimizing so far. On the other side it might open interesting possibilities...I think the first thing i'll try is creating a vortex caressing the front wheels and feeding the floor.

Team_Bart

Official Team Bart press announcement.

Dear MVRC-fans,
The last moths it was silent, very silent, from our side. No Christmas cards, no happy new year wishes, no rumours and no tech updates. You might have thought that our press manager was fired. Unfortunately this is the bitter truth. While we were more than happy with (press manager) Bart's work, unfortunately we had to let him go.
It was not online silent on this forum, also it was silent in the factory, at the R&D facility and at the design department. Nobody was there during our Christmas and New year drink. That was to be expected, since nobody was invited. Instead we took the opportunity to fire the whole team. Probably not that clever but okay, we did and we can't return. Probably they even don't want to return, since it is very likely most guys didn't react that nice when they heard the news...
Anyway since we had no design, R&D and manufacturing team, we were not able to develop our car. We were not able to improve the setup since there was no drive and we were not able to tell you guys since we had no press manager. Actually why are we talking about we since there is no we? That is because we wrote this letter when we started Team Bart a couple of months ago. Most likely someone found it and put it online. Which is nice since that was the whole purpose of this letter. However, when you read this message, less nice is that Team Bart didn't survive 2018. Our lovely green ButterFly will be green forever, we hope you are able to imagine the great colours it should had at this moment. We wish you all the best.

Best regards,
Team Bart

Ps, since we wrote this message in advance we cannot tell you why we had to stop. As far as we know at this moment we enjoyed this competition a lot. We cannot imagine we would stop to not turn better.

variante

Nooo! Why Team Bart, why??

MVRC is definitely a great thing. And it even becomes addictive after a victory or a podium. But, to get there, time is needed...time spent refining the car or looking for new solution to get just a bit closer to the guy in front of you.
So maybe it's worth waiting another season... ;)

CAEdevice

Team_Bart wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 22:42
Dear MVRC-fans,
I am sorry Team Bart.
Next time you should recommend Bart the two fondamental rules: designing a simple car and doing "mental" CFD before the simulations. It is better tu run with a box shaped car plus a diffuser and twowings than to run with a complex geometry you don't know to manage.

machin

So... We’re just putting the cars through their paces and it is looking pretty tight so far....

Official video goes live at 13:00 CET tomorrow (Sunday)...

machin

Just a few hours to go, at 13:00 CET you can watch it here;

CAEdevice

I don't want to spoil the race, but I am very happy with the results! Congratulations to the winner! Well deserved!

machin

Incredibly close!

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 14:54
Incredibly close!
Too close :)
Last year it was much easier.

etsmc
etsmc

Well happy with that.. was expecting to be much further behind due to lack of power.. ☺

variante

machin wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 11:39
Just a few hours to go, at 13:00 CET you can watch it here;

Super cool video! I like that some actual driving is shown. Maybe i'm asking too much, but it would be even better to have a map of the track on screen.

Congratulations to everyone, and especially to JJR for his impressive performance!
At least, my prediction was correct :D Even though i don't think anymore my car is the one with the most downforce, unfortunately. Let's wait for the technical numbers...

BTW it was much closer last race, where the top 3 were within 0.2 seconds. Now it's more than 0.7s.
There's also much more distance between the first and the last one, this time around.

Standings (top 3) should now be:
1st Variante-----83 pts
2nd CAEdevice--76 pts
3rd JJR-----------73 pts
Very close... anyone could still win the championship, especially with the rules changes for the next and last race.