2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
M840TR
M840TR

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

a multi-year partnership that will see the Huski Chocolate brand represented on the rear wing
Odd deal but seems like a major one.

mclaren111

M840TR wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 12:22
a multi-year partnership that will see the Huski Chocolate brand represented on the rear wing

What to you mean by "Odd deal" ??

M840TR
M840TR

mclaren111 wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 12:51
M840TR wrote:

What to you mean by "Odd deal" ??
In terms of associating an F1 car with a chocolate drink, but it might just be me.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Could be nice during winter testing. :wink:

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/10 ... 0223577088
Last edited by RonDennis on 05 Feb 2019, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

M840TR wrote:
Odd is when you buy a newspaper, only to find out it's missing every other page.... This, I'd call bizarre...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Thunder

What's bizarre about it? Liquid sugar (and things i don't even want to imagine) in form of Energy Drinks is ok but this is not?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RonDennis
RonDennis

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 13:25
M840TR wrote:
Odd is when you buy a newspaper, only to find out it's missing every other page.... This, I'd call bizarre...
I don't see the major difference between Huski, Red Bull, Rich Energy or Coca-Cola. It's just a drink.

M840TR
M840TR

The more important question is, will the branding be on the endplate or the rear flaps. That'll give us an idea of the scale of the deal.

cyclon

Do you remember Brabham and Parmalat ????

8)

After all red is a nice colour ... 8)
I loved the iconic McLaren-Honda
But most of all i love McLaren . After all first contact made with M23 that had a Ford Cosworth PU

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

M840TR wrote:
wtf :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

i'm baffled.
are they that desparate?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

Desperate for what, money is money. Racing point is sponsored by fancy tap water. Carlos Sainz is sponsored by non-alcoholic beer. The chocolate drinks company thinks throwing money at McLaren for advertisement will have decent ROI, that's their business. If someone gave you money and product for advertisement real estate, would you decline it just because it's a chocolate drink?
Saishū kōnā

bauc

godlameroso wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 17:17
Desperate for what, money is money. Racing point is sponsored by fancy tap water. Carlos Sainz is sponsored by non-alcoholic beer. The chocolate drinks company thinks throwing money at McLaren for advertisement will have decent ROI, that's their business. If someone gave you money and product for advertisement real estate, would you decline it just because it's a chocolate drink?
Well said =D>
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

godlameroso wrote:
True, like Sensodyne
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

godlameroso wrote:
ron would decline it. as he did not want the mclaren brand to become watered down to some 'free for all' canvas but maintain a certain 'elitist' aura around it.

I'm not saying that i agree with Ron, and that time has gone, but i feel this is going the other opposite.
And what Force india does is their business, it doesn't mean Mclaren should do something awkward.

I well remember the time that there was serious speculation about Sony becoming a sponsor and being prominent on the car. Much better imho if that would have been the case. Samsung, Apple, Diesel. stuff like that.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Manoah2u wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 18:28
godlameroso wrote:
ron would decline it. as he did not want the mclaren brand to become watered down to some 'free for all' canvas but maintain a certain 'elitist' aura around it.

I'm not saying that i agree with Ron, and that time has gone, but i feel this is going the other opposite.
And what Force india does is their business, it doesn't mean Mclaren should do something awkward.

I well remember the time that there was serious speculation about Sony becoming a sponsor and being prominent on the car. Much better imho if that would have been the case. Samsung, Apple, Diesel. stuff like that.
Never heard about the Sony speculation/rumour. How long ago was that?