McLaren MCL34

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mclaren111

Re: McLaren MCL34

charliesmithhd

Has the wing above the sidepod intent changed? The end of it looks different

cramr
cramr

charliesmithhd wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 10:50
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9kqnPbXkAA ... ame=medium
They are thermal cameras I would say (only for friday). That's a FIA Spec part (TV camera and has to be the same for all

charliesmithhd

cramr wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 12:22
charliesmithhd wrote:
They are thermal cameras I would say (only for friday). That's a FIA Spec part (TV camera and has to be the same for all
I was talking about the thing underneath the mirror

M840TR
M840TR

charliesmithhd wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 12:24
cramr wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 12:22
charliesmithhd wrote:
I was talking about the thing underneath the mirror
The 'flanks' are part of the sidepod deflectors and haven't changed.

mclaren111

Morteza

Different endplate configurations (via @AlbertFabrega)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

M840TR
M840TR

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Is it me or are they loading the outboard part of wing slightly more than what they were doing with the Spain spec wing?

f1rules
f1rules

In canada they even ran a gourney on the top fw element close to where it meets the endplate so they are definitly trying

f1rules
f1rules

lol i noticed i posted in wrong thread, well here its easy to see the difference, new vs old. the new ones mainplane ends closer to the ground and is attached lower on the endplate also the tunnel beneath the endplate is different starting out almost flat

f1rules
f1rules

f1rules
f1rules

AMUS friday analycis
> Merc on another planet
> Merc and and Mcl where the best at handling the tires today
now to the specific mclaren part
"mclaren presented itself very well in all conditions. Lando only 2th slower then vet. In soft longrun they where on rb level. The modifications to the front part, fw and floor seem to have worked. "and that on a track thats not supposed to be a favourite" enjoyed seidl.
The modifications are aimed at aiding the car in slow and medium speed curves/corners making it more stabile. Seidl warns though "we where very fast in montreal also on friday and then fell back" Further hulk sees mclaren as their main competitor this weekend. "they look rock solid, will be difficult to beat them" not least because mclaren has less problems getting the tires to work. "We solved that pretty well, by the looks of it, better then a lot other" Seidl confirmed

McLaren machte unter allen Bedingungen eine exzellente Figur. Lando Norris war in seiner schnellsten Runde nur zwei Zehntel langsamer als Vettel. Im Soft-Longrun lagen die McLaren auf Red Bull-Niveau. Die Modifikationen an der Vorderachse, am Frontflügel und dem Unterboden haben offenbar eingeschlagen. „Und das auf einer Strecke, die nicht zu unseren Favoriten zählt“, freute sich Teamchef Andreas Seidl.

Die Modifikationen zielen darauf ab, das Auto in langsamen und mittelschnellen Kurven stabiler zu machen. Seidl warnt jedoch: „Wir waren auch in Montreal am Freitag extrem stark und sind dann am Samstag etwas zurückgefallen.“

Hülkenberg schätzt McLaren als Renaults größten Gegner ein: „Die sehen grundsolide aus. Es wird eine harte Nuss, die zu schlagen.“ Vor allem, weil McLaren wieder einmal weniger Probleme hat, die Reifen zum Arbeiten zu bringen. „Wir haben das ganz gut hingekriegt. Offenbar besser als viele andere“, bestätigte Seidl.

bill shoe
bill shoe

what a difference a year makes!

mclaren111

And to think a lot of people thought PP has lost his mojo...