[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
jjn9128

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

machin wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 19:11
jjn9128 wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 18:26
B-Spec car ready a week too late. Just call me Williams :lol:
Really nice modelling (and render)... but don't those sidepod inlets look a little small..?
I hope not :lol: They're bigger than 25% of the radiator area. I was on the bubble in race 1 and these are a bit bigger.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

CAEdevice

So you could expand the flow x4? Or are the HXs rotated?

LVDH

Good morning,
here are the scrutineering results;
https://mantiumchallenge.com/scrutineer ... pore-2019/
Pure Power has won the first penalty of the season!

Also we had to slightly modify the rules for the next race:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/mvrc-rules-2019/
They are still called draft as Richard has not given his final thumbs up.

Today I will be at the horse race, so I will miss MVRC, MotoGp, F1 and probably also Indycar. Somehow a bad choice to go to this kind of racing. Anyway, good luck to you guys.

machin

I guess at least there will be some horsepower there... 🤣

Yeah, as LVDH says... we noticed that the current rules are a little open to interpretation... (I think I was too close to them to see the problems)... so we’re tightening them up.

The main two areas;

1, the MVRC floor part is a mandatory part and is added to the CFD analysis... thus forcing you into the “stepped” floor design. You can only add material around the MVRC floor part, not make holes in it (nor can you ignore it completely 😊 )

2, The gearbox has been moved from 3.1 to 4.1; there should be no bodywork around the gearbox crash structure (it’s outside the legality volumes).

I didn’t get time to edit the rules yesterday, but there’s just a few wording changes I want to make... so consider it draft until we take the Draft wording off.
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

machin

So, here we go;

variante

This anti-spoiler radio silence is a bit anticlimatic...
A couple of hours have passed, so i'm going to break it. But, just in case: SPOILER!

Congratulations to CAEdevice for making a great car! The 1st to 2nd gap is a big 0.73s!
I'm fairly happy with my result, but it's becoming almost impossible to win the championship...
OK Racing could have secured a better position had he made some upgrades.
And there are many other interesting cars on the field! One in particular, GGB, was arguably the most promising of the first round...it's a shame he couldn't upgrade the car before the race #-o

Finally, please show the official numbers as soon as possible. We've only got 1 week before next submission. For instance, i've no idea where my CoP actually is, so i need those data

machin

jjn9128

variante wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 15:24
And there are many other interesting cars on the field! One in particular, GGB, was arguably the most promising of the first round...it's a shame he couldn't upgrade the car before the race #-o

Finally, please show the official numbers as soon as possible. We've only got 1 week before next submission. For instance, i've no idea where my CoP actually is, so i need those data
I'm so confused by my car. Nothing I am doing seems to be fixing anything. So little downforce.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

wb92

Congrats to CAEdevice for the win. Also for Variante for making huge jump in performance.

Let's see what will happen in Japan then,
I'm curious if CAEdevice can break limits of his car next week. Interesing is that JJR with new car is just behind me (or I'm just in front...)
Indeed bit sad that OKRacing couldn't bring updates, but still car is good enough to score podiums. It's getting tight in front when you add TeamKoldskaal on top of that, with around twice more downforce than in Spa and with car in the balance window - impressive.

If it comes to my case it's good to find some correlation between official results and private calcs, but still result is surprisingly good. From the other side I still cannot introduce some elements until I would fix ones which are currently on the car. Especially the ones responsible for the balance, so there's still huge potential here and there.

Wonder if 'rake' parameter could be visible for public, because normally it could be visible on the racetrack. Maybe not in exact values, but just as additional side view during presentations...

Therefore looking forward for the race in Japan!
Last edited by wb92 on 22 Sep 2019, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
MVRC - WBRacing

machin

Wonder if 'rake' parameter could be visible for public
Good question... I don’t have that information... maybe Andre can add it...

CAEdevice

Thank you Richard and thank you Variante! I am very happy with my result, especially considering that it has been about a year since I last won a race (just like Vettel :))
Thanks also for the great video and for providing the numerical results so quickly.

Congratulations to Team Variante and Team Koldskaal for the impressive downforce values, and to OK racing for the second podium in two races.

PS: I think that the rake angle should be public, it is one of the few things than can by estimated from the track.
Last edited by CAEdevice on 22 Sep 2019, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.

machin

wb92 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:06
Therefore looking forward for the race in Japan!
Virtual Stopwatch is now updated for the Japanese track...

MVRC Timing

Ft5fTL

What was the reason of the penalty?

edit: nvm i saw it. I design the hx like last season. What is wrong with the design?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

machin

I didn’t scrutineer the car (or even see the model)... but I think that your heat exchangers are extruded purely in the x-axis, even though they are angled forward... whereas they should be extruded in the direction that is 90 degrees to the plane of their front face...

...that probably doesn’t make it any clearer.... 🤣

I’ll try and post a picture later!

rjsa
rjsa

Hello guys!

Congrats Matteo!

Questions, the mvrc_long is killing me:

Are there ways to:
See charts along the processing for cm/cl/cd?
Make it stop with like 4000 steps during processing and still get a valid solution and a report?
Make a finished run go longer?

TKS!