F430 Scuderia

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".

What do you think about the new F430 Scuderia?

Poll ended at 26 Jul 2007, 23:35

79%
Dislike
21%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 24

Scotracer
Scotracer

Re: F430 Scuderia

mx_tifosi wrote:'Scotracer',

Based on my knowledge, Ferrari have designed and produced the 'Scuderia' version to be placed alongside the berlinetta and barchetta (hard top coupe and convertible coupe respectively) range of F430's. But IIRC Ferrari does sell original Ferrari 'higher performance' products, such as cf intakes, engine department covers, etc.

I doubt that Ferrari would produce a 'Scuderia' with a convertible top, since it reduces chassis stiffness and adds about one hundred pounds, which leads to less overall performance, completely making the 'Scuderia' pointless.

But maybe the owner had/s too much money to spend and ordered a bespoke 'Scuderia Spyder', theres no shortage of people like that these days. Although I seriously hope for it to not be an original, and simply a barchetta with 'Scuderia' parts added on.
Yeah. It was my dad who told me it was in the car park and when he said it was a convertible I disagreed with him over what it was and that was my argument.

Maybe it was just bespoke.
modbaraban wrote: And one with a bad name.

That's a pitty you don't have a photo of it. That name wiould be appreciated in here (as FAILrarri apparently )
lol well it was actually called that (never had that badge on the car) but that's how I would describe it. If it is a replica, it is a Failrrari :lol:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

So while Ciro might be able to predict the future, it seems that Scotracer has him beat by being able to vacation there!

As presented at the Ferrari World Finals at Mugello today, the 'Scuderia Spider 16M'.

Ultimatecarpage- Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M

-16 signifies the number of Formula One Constructors Titles held by Ferrari
-499 production units total
-Fastest open top road car at Fiorano
-1440 kilo / 3174.7 lbs (up 90kg's from the closed top Scuderia)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Scotracer
Scotracer

8)

I was truly confused when I saw it in the flesh, but there we go!

West
West

The open top will satisfy those who want a special Ferrari, but have no idea what the 16 constructor's titles really mean. Honestly, I think hacking the top takes away much of the performance aspect the original F430 Scuderia offered.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

modbaraban
modbaraban

Surprisingly, for once the open top version looks better than the coupe. I found the original Scud looking sort of overhyped. As if it was a 430 WRX Sti. Especially with those 'golden' wheels and stripes over the bonnet. This one looks just right in red (rosso scuderia I reckon). It may be a few tenths a lap slower than the coupe but I bet it's just as fun to drive. West, you are so wrong! :) I'd still dump that stripe though.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Modbaraban, I believe the gold wheels weren't used for production, as I've never seen them on any road going model up. And I don't mind the stripes, similar ones were also on the 360 Challenge Stradale. Speaking of which, I saw a 360 CS on saturday morning, and photographs don't do it justice :shock: . Unfortunately I had to take a different route from it and we parted ways much sooner than I would have liked.

Here is one of my favorite videos of the F430 Scuderia, by CAR magazine. Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GwPO2ni2FU[/youtube]

I hope this video changes anyones opinion that the Spider looks better than the coupe. They [Spiders] look horrible with the top up IMO, I've seen one up close recently as well.

Birel99

A few weeks ago I was at the Autobahn country club in Joilet,Illinois USA to get my SCCA liscense. Their was 2 Scuderia's lapping and I can tell you that they sound and look absolutely incredible! The shifts are so fast and the noise!!! As Tifosi stated, pictures do no justice! I did not like the stripes of the coupe in pictures but in person they look perfect!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I saw my first Scuderia yesterday, it was just like the one used for the models introduction, red with racing stripes and gold wheels. A bit tacky but it´s still a 430 Scuderia, and I bet the owner couldn´t care less because he´s one of the happiest people alive.

Heres a cool pic:
http://rawautos.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... aper31.jpg

modbaraban
modbaraban

Just watched GT open highlights on MotorsTV and noticed this familiar face.

I think it looks way better than the old 430 GT3.

Is it a new Ferrari customer recer or a privately prepared vehicle?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

ds.raikkonen

mx_tifosi wrote:Ferrari have just released the new model for 2008:The F430 Scuderia
Is nt the name '430 Scuderia'? The F's not there.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

modbaraban
modbaraban

Found this in a Russian simracing blog...

:shock:

click on it to see it's real.

Giblet
Giblet

Well if Ferrari can have a surfboard....

Mercedes can have a bike.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Scotracer
Scotracer

ds.raikkonen wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:Ferrari have just released the new model for 2008:The F430 Scuderia
Is nt the name '430 Scuderia'? The F's not there.
You call it the F430 or the Ferrari 430 - the F is short for Ferrari ;)

_GOGGS_

Not crazy about the striping on the Scuderia or the rims, but the rest of it looks pretty good to me.
_GOGGS_
-Forza Ferrari-
http://www.ferrarif1forum.com