[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

izzy wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 11:52

Seb does make too many stupid mistakes it's true, and Brazil was ridiculous, but he is pretty quick and a much better overtaker than Valtteri. He was closer to his teammate percentage wise than anybody else, he outscored him 11 times, and if Ferrari want the WCC that is what they need. So my thinking is that if he stops trying quite so hard to be a superstar, which he isn't of course, then he might be able to cut out the stupid mistakes and then he's the closest to the No1 in each of the top teams. So if he's up for that No2 role, he could be great for Ferrari
Outscored LEC 11 times because of team orders and other nonsense. Australia & china team orders favoring vettel, Monaco= Ferrari team qually mess up, Singapore pitted LEC too late, more poor strategy in Mexico.

So those are 5 of the 11 that weren't earned by Vettel. LEC thoroughly DOMINATED Vettel last year, and if he fixes half his mistakes then it will be one of the most lopsided pairings on the grid.

Vettel is not a better overtaker than Bottas, Vettel even crashes while overtaking on the straight.

Bottas is beating Hamilton heads up in the same car some weekends, something Rosberg struggled to do and Rosberg was more experienced and embedded within the team. Bottas was better relative to Hamilton than Vettel was to LEC.

Bottas would be a better choice for Ferrari than Vettel, and cheaper, and less inter team crashes, and if they could pawn the problem child Vettel onto Merc that could help destabilize Merc. But Merc is too smart to take Vettel, I hope, especially with Russell waiting patiently.

izzy
izzy

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 13:35
Outscored LEC 11 times because of team orders and other nonsense. Australia & china team orders favoring vettel, Monaco= Ferrari team qually mess up, Singapore pitted LEC too late, more poor strategy in Mexico.

So those are 5 of the 11 that weren't earned by Vettel. LEC thoroughly DOMINATED Vettel last year, and if he fixes half his mistakes then it will be one of the most lopsided pairings on the grid.

Vettel is not a better overtaker than Bottas, Vettel even crashes while overtaking on the straight.

Bottas is beating Hamilton heads up in the same car some weekends, something Rosberg struggled to do and Rosberg was more experienced and embedded within the team. Bottas was better relative to Hamilton than Vettel was to LEC.

Bottas would be a better choice for Ferrari than Vettel, and cheaper, and less inter team crashes, and if they could pawn the problem child Vettel onto Merc that could help destabilize Merc. But Merc is too smart to take Vettel, I hope, especially with Russell waiting patiently.
Valtteri would be great for Ferrari i agree, still if Seb can calm down a bit he can be a great No2 as well. Yes Charles is better, but don't forget Monza where Seb ought to have had a tow and Sochi where the team handed it to Charles. And Seb overtakes much more aggressively than Valtteri, who can be a bit of a pushover like Ric showed in Canada. Anyway i know we're not gonna agree about Sebi, let's see if this rumour is true and if he signs :)

Wass85
Wass85

I've been reading today Vettel is done after 2020.

Bill
Bill

Rosberg struggling to beat Lewis in some races C mon guys doesn't come here and write nonsense.Rosberg has at one point seven straight victories while competing against Lewis and beating him.Bottas is not at Rosberg level even a biased Lewis fan should be able to see that. He is also world champion not journey man

Wass85
Wass85

Well it's gaining more momentum, Vettel retiring at the end of the season.

A shame to see, my most likeable and down to earth driver on the grid. I will miss the fella.

Wass85
Wass85

Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 16:36
Rosberg struggling to beat Lewis in some races C mon guys doesn't come here and write nonsense.Rosberg has at one point seven straight victories while competing against Lewis and beating him.Bottas is not at Rosberg level even a biased Lewis fan should be able to see that. He is also world champion not journey man
Here here, Bottas was nowhere near the level of Rosberg. Hamilton was only slightly faster than Nico, just look at their qualifying stats.

Bill
Bill

Did you read my post I never said Bottas was better than Rosberg quite the opposite. I was replying to Izzy ridiculous claim that Bottas is a better than Rosberg

Wass85
Wass85

Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 19:23
Did you read my post I never said Bottas was better than Rosberg quite the opposite. I was replying to Izzy ridiculous claim that Bottas is a better than Rosberg
Did you read my post? I was agreeing with you..... 😂

izzy
izzy

Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 19:23
i don't think i've ever said that :?

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Bill wrote:
7 races in a row... 3 races at the end of the year 2015 AFTER the championship was decided hugely in Hamilton's favor, 4th race(Australia 2016) Rosberg pushed Hamilton wide on the start. 5th race Hamilton hit from behind on the start by Bottas, 6th race Hamilton starts last because of PU issues. 7th race Hamilton starts 10th, more PU problems.

2016 Belgium gp, Hamilton starts last, more PU problems

2016 italian and Japanese gp clutch problem off the start for Hamilton

2016 european gp in Baku and Singapore were the only wins for Rosberg over Hamilton fully On merit.

Context matters

Rosberg is good, but not any better than Bottas

Wass85
Wass85

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 22:26
Bill wrote:
7 races in a row... 3 races at the end of the year 2015 AFTER the championship was decided hugely in Hamilton's favor, 4th race(Australia 2016) Rosberg pushed Hamilton wide on the start. 5th race Hamilton hit from behind on the start by Bottas, 6th race Hamilton starts last because of PU issues. 7th race Hamilton starts 10th, more PU problems.

2016 european gp in Baku and Singapore were the only wins for Rosberg over Hamilton fully On merit.

Context matters

He ran Hamilton much closer than Bottas in every stat possible.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Wass85 wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 22:40
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Bill wrote:

Context matters

He ran Hamilton much closer than Bottas in every stat possible.
Only in 2016, 2014 and 2015 were COMPLETE UTTER DOMINATION

But we are off topic.

Vettel is not a good choice for Ferrari, even driving for free he would be a liability. RIC, BOT, WER, PER, SAI would be better choices for that second seat.

Wass85
Wass85

You forgot about 2013 I see.

As for Vettel, you are selling him short big time.

izzy
izzy

ENGINE TUNER wrote:

Context matters

exactly, and not to mention Sepang!! it's like saying JB was better in 2011. Anyway now Mercedes have shown Ferrari how to have it each way: toxic or harmony. Actually they have harmony atm so perhaps they'll up their offer

Wass85
Wass85

izzy wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 23:01
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

Context matters

exactly, and not to mention Sepang!! it's like saying JB was better in 2011. Anyway now Mercedes have shown Ferrari how to have it each way: toxic or harmony. Actually they have harmony atm so perhaps they'll up their offer
You're going to argue against Button being better in 2011, alrighty then.... 😂