[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Sainz was very close to Hulkenberg over their season together
Saishū kōnā

GPR-A

Mclarensenna wrote:
13 May 2020, 01:08
Now the big new rumor. Sainz in 5 years has 1 podium. Ric has 27 podiums and 7 wins.
Sainz got beaten by Hulk the guy Renault fired. Hulk is faster than Sainz we know this as they raced an entire year together, Hulk is slower than Ric a level down say for example. So Sainz would be 2 levels below Ric as he is even faster than Hulk. It seems all Ferrari based their decision on was Sainz was in a much faster car than Renault last year , got 1 podium so yep lets ignore the past 5 years and all the other data.
Ric also speaks fluent Italian has 2 Italian born parents so 100% Italian blood with the Italian nose even! Much bigger social media presence and marketability!

Ferrari i have to applaud you if the rumor is true. But you did it again!
Seriously rubbish. What was Riccardo's record before he got the Red Bull drive? Even the likes of Lewis can atmost achieve slightly better results than what Sainz did in the cars that he has driven, at this stage of his career. Ricciardo is driving the same Renault that Sainz did. What special did he pull off? Why should Riccardo's nose and d*** matter in driver selection. What does anyone know about Ferrari's driver negotiations to then question their logic?

Mclarensenna

GPR-A wrote:
13 May 2020, 02:07
Mclarensenna wrote:
13 May 2020, 01:08
Now the big new rumor. Sainz in 5 years has 1 podium. Ric has 27 podiums and 7 wins.
Sainz got beaten by Hulk the guy Renault fired. Hulk is faster than Sainz we know this as they raced an entire year together, Hulk is slower than Ric a level down say for example. So Sainz would be 2 levels below Ric as he is even faster than Hulk. It seems all Ferrari based their decision on was Sainz was in a much faster car than Renault last year , got 1 podium so yep lets ignore the past 5 years and all the other data.
Ric also speaks fluent Italian has 2 Italian born parents so 100% Italian blood with the Italian nose even! Much bigger social media presence and marketability!

Ferrari i have to applaud you if the rumor is true. But you did it again!
Seriously rubbish. What was Riccardo's record before he got the Red Bull drive? Even the likes of Lewis can atmost achieve slightly better results than what Sainz did in the cars that he has driven, at this stage of his career. Ricciardo is driving the same Renault that Sainz did. What special did he pull off? Why should Riccardo's nose and d*** matter in driver selection. What does anyone know about Ferrari's driver negotiations to then question their logic?
Rics 27 podiums and 7 wins to Sainz 1 podium
The fact Ric is faster than Hulk and Sainz is slower than Hulk so there is that!
The fact Ferrari for the last decade stated on many occassions we want an Italian driver so to them it is a preference
The fact in Italy most Italians as i have been there many times many do not speak very good english. Some not at all. Some yes it all depends. Ric speaks fluent Italian so this would be an advantage when working with Ferrari staff and marketing for Ferrari in Italy.

"Ricciardo is driving the same Renault that Sainz did." <------ Hulk in 2018 scored 69 points to Sainz 53
in 2019 Hulk only scored 37 points. Using Hulk as a benchmark its evident that statement is not true and Renault was not as good in 2019.
If Sainz was driving that 2019 Renault knowing he is a slower driver than Hulk would have scored even less than the 37 points Hulk achieved as Hulk did show he is the better overall driver than Sainz.
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

maguetox
maguetox

Wouter wrote:
12 May 2020, 19:28
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... le-details

Carlos Sainz will be made official within the next 48 hours, only the details remain to be defined,
then the Scuderia will be able to formalize the arrival of the Spaniard in Maranello.
https://twitter.com/Motorsport_IT/statu ... 5251607552

And Max Verstappen told David Coulthard on Instagram an hour ago that
" it won't be someone with an Italian name." :) (Ricciardo/Giovinazzi)
Lets wait and see.
If this is true, Sainz will enter Ferrari knowing he will be the second of the team, or like the Barrichelo of the Shumi era.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Glad to see Vettel go but hope it is not Sainz. Would love to get Ricciardo in there, or ALONSO!

McG

McLarensenna... Dude take a deep breath and relax. Overall finishing position doesn't tell the whole story a lot of the time.

And listen to yourself... Because someone is Italian and displays some Italian features (borderline racist btw and definitely stereotyping) doesn't mean they are going to get the seat.

There's a hell of a lot more to it than what you think.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Mclarensenna

McG wrote:
13 May 2020, 03:13
McLarensenna... Dude take a deep breath and relax. Overall finishing position doesn't tell the whole story a lot of the time.

And listen to yourself... Because someone is Italian and displays some Italian features (borderline racist btw and definitely stereotyping) doesn't mean they are going to get the seat.

I'm reporting this for a personal attack and abuse. I am very relaxed and listed a list of reasons why Ric i believe is a better option and driver than Sainz. If you believe otherwise you are welcome to list your reasons ( you listed 0) that is what a forum is for not reply for the sole reason to attack and abuse insulting me telling to take deep breaths and relax and then call me racist (not true i merely stated Ferrari has on many occassions stated they want an Italian driver over the past decades for language and marketing reasons many times if you find this racist complain to Ferrari not me).

Mclarensenna

Ringleheim wrote:
13 May 2020, 03:03
Glad to see Vettel go but hope it is not Sainz. Would love to get Ricciardo in there, or ALONSO!
Yes I agree Ric would be my first choice and Alonso my 2nd as he also would be a much better option than Sainz. I think Alonso still has 2 good years in him. Hulk i would pick over Sainz as my 3rd option as well as he would be very cheap and very experienced and beat Sainz in the same Renault car in 2018 so he is no slouch.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

go with Alonso for an Year then decide to extended contract to another year if he did well. Give salary based on wins instead of whole year contract salary.

ferrari not going to loose anything with Alonso if he drive for 2021 and 22. Then there is lot of options available for ferrari to pick the driver from other teams, like Russel,Ricciardo or even Hamilton if Marcedes winding up with F1 in 2021.

Best option would be Alonso, but not sure whether he is insterested.

We all forgot who will replace Kimi in Alfo? I hope The rumor is 50% true in sainz case. He may go to ferrari but its sister team Alfo Rameo. then Alonso in Ferrari.

Wouter

The engagement of @ Carlossainz55 to @ScuderiaFerrari is already done.
Official announcement expected tomorrow @Gazzetta_it
The Power of Dreams!

GPR-A

Wouter wrote:
13 May 2020, 11:29
The engagement of @ Carlossainz55 to @ScuderiaFerrari is already done.
Official announcement expected tomorrow @Gazzetta_it
Very good news Indeed. =D>

McG

Mclarensenna wrote:
13 May 2020, 03:57
McG wrote:
13 May 2020, 03:13

I'm reporting this for a personal attack and abuse. I am very relaxed and listed a list of reasons why Ric i believe is a better option and driver than Sainz. If you believe otherwise you are welcome to list your reasons ( you listed 0) that is what a forum is for not reply for the sole reason to attack and abuse insulting me telling to take deep breaths and relax and then call me racist (not true i merely stated Ferrari has on many occassions stated they want an Italian driver over the past decades for language and marketing reasons many times if you find this racist complain to Ferrari not me).
Typical and expected response.

I wonder how all those Italians with little button noses feel about your stereotyping of Italians having big noses. I dread to think what you think about people in other countries.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

mwillems

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 May 2020, 08:02
go with Alonso for an Year then decide to extended contract to another year if he did well. Give salary based on wins instead of whole year contract salary.

ferrari not going to loose anything with Alonso if he drive for 2021 and 22. Then there is lot of options available for ferrari to pick the driver from other teams, like Russel,Ricciardo or even Hamilton if Marcedes winding up with F1 in 2021.

Best option would be Alonso, but not sure whether he is insterested.

We all forgot who will replace Kimi in Alfo? I hope The rumor is 50% true in sainz case. He may go to ferrari but its sister team Alfo Rameo. then Alonso in Ferrari.
Leclerc is the future. I don't Alonso would be paired with Leclerc given how Alonso tried to destroy his team mates and ultimately soured relationships in the team. Too much of a risk. Leclerc will not be number one but will earn his position in the team, at least to start with, so someone like Sainz is more likely as he is a team player who will add to the harmony.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Ferrari needs an experienced driver. No matter how fast Leclerc is it's different to be fast and win races from winning championships. The next years are a transition phase into a new F1 era in terms of technical rules. Hiring Sainz is so un-Ferrari like...I mean that team since 1996 had a champion in the team...I would not let Vettel go unless I replace him with someone better all around. Winning in F1 is not only about speed. Do they think Leclerc and Sainz are more suitable to develop an F1 car? Drivers like Vettel are an asset even when they make mistakes or not being so fast. Vettel with Leclerc was a very nice combination of speed experience maturity ambition and hunger....This is not the Ferrari we all know. This is Redbull kind of choices....anyway let's see if it can become any worse than that...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

mika vs michael wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:55
Hiring Sainz is so un-Ferrari like...I mean that team since 1996 had a champion in the team...
Well, not in 2007 they didn't. Not until the end of the last race, anyway. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.