Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2009 Ferrari

timbo wrote:I just noticed that on this picture I looks like the rear wing is 3 element -
what do you think?
Looks like it, that or there is a slot in one of the elements...

FLC
FLC

Diesel wrote:
timbo wrote:I just noticed that on this picture I looks like the rear wing is 3 element -
what do you think?
Looks like it, that or there is a slot in one of the elements...
Probably just an optical illusion:

siskue2005

Re: Ferrari F60

i dont think its an optical illusion that we are seeing 3 elements

it is the opticall illusion that wwe are only seeing 2 elements

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Different rear wing in the pictures? Can't figure out how an optical illusion can cause it to look like 3 elements :?

Hawkeye

It's a two element wing. The optical illusion is caused by the sunlight passing through the slot gap. Look at the shadows cast on the tyres to see the sun's direction.

peroa
peroa

AM&S reports that the current F60 is illegal because of the protruding exhausts.
They have to be encapsulated.

The reason they stay in Mugello is that the frontwing was damaged at the first outing.
This way they can address problems quicker.
Easy on the Appletini!

timbo
timbo

Hawkeye wrote:It's a two element wing. The optical illusion is caused by the sunlight passing through the slot gap. Look at the shadows cast on the tyres to see the sun's direction.

I zoomed that area, you can see that there's definetely some white stripe on the main element.

djos

Prolly just the seam between the leading edge and main part of the wing profile - IIRC they are usually multiple pieces of carbon fibre bonded together to form the required complex shapes.

EDIT: But you are correct, it is something:

High Res Shot

"In downforce we trust"

djos

Actually I've changed my mind, it is a shadow or illusion of some sort:

High Res Shot:

"In downforce we trust"

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

LOL hell of an illusion! I agree though, I think its just an incredibly confusing trick of the light.

FLC
FLC

Kimi at Mugello today:

I've read in more than one place that Ferrari's exhausts are illegal because they stick out of the bodywork more than it is allowed. In that picture it looks like they have been already shortened. Anyone knows anything about this?

Conceptual
Conceptual

timbo wrote:
Conceptual wrote:I understand that, but according to the denouncers on this thread as to its deffinate banning, there MUST be something other than their intereptation for them to say that. I doubt anyone on this forum would spout like that without authoritative backup, don't you think?
There's a rule that states only one closed section somewhere :D , I guess that's the one.
BINGO!

See, it wasn't that hard, right?

Just because I don't accept the common opinion of this forum as fact does not mean that I don't have respect for the people, it is simply because I have seen so much INCORRECT opinion posted here.

It is OK to think outside the box, and that is my very favorite thing to do (obviously). Please don't disrespect me because I require a bit more convincing beyond "Because it just IS..."

Thanks!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Conceptual wrote: Just because I don't accept the common opinion of this forum as fact does not mean that I don't have respect for the people, it is simply because I have seen so much INCORRECT opinion posted here.

It is OK to think outside the box, and that is my very favorite thing to do (obviously). Please don't disrespect me because I require a bit more convincing beyond "Because it just IS..."

Thanks!

No such thing as incorrect opinion mate...in my opinion anyways. 8)

The F60 is looking good..it is amazing how quickly the starved F1 fan gets used to the new regs.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Conceptual wrote:
timbo wrote:
Conceptual wrote:I understand that, but according to the denouncers on this thread as to its deffinate banning, there MUST be something other than their intereptation for them to say that. I doubt anyone on this forum would spout like that without authoritative backup, don't you think?
There's a rule that states only one closed section somewhere :D , I guess that's the one.
BINGO!

See, it wasn't that hard, right?

Just because I don't accept the common opinion of this forum as fact does not mean that I don't have respect for the people, it is simply because I have seen so much INCORRECT opinion posted here.

Thanks!
Jeez calm down! It's just a message board :lol:

timbo
timbo

FLC wrote:I've read in more than one place that Ferrari's exhausts are illegal because they stick out of the bodywork more than it is allowed. In that picture it looks like they have been already shortened. Anyone knows anything about this?
Don't have any first-hand information on this, but the picture speaks for that theory. Also, note sensors on the endplate of the wing.