[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Karim28 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:10
A disaster, the 4th fastest car, even behind the Ferraris.
If there is a world championship for non-sensible talking and b*****iting, it will go undoubtedly for Helmut Marko.
Everything is wrong, Albon, the Engine and even the car.
4 Cars with Honda engines, one of them has reached Q3 with a miracle and even didn't try a lap in Q3 as precaution and the other 3 cars complained every stint and every lap.
Albon is just a disaster, just as the whole junior-programme is destroyed and I think seriously in the next 5 years the program would vanish completely and the Fer&Merc programs are doing much way better and more attractive for talented drivers.
The engine is the smallest problem here. We are on a track where the chasis is the most important, and surprise! But always easy to blame the PU and not to admit own errors

etusch

I am concentrating motogp any more. :|

isullivan
isullivan

RB has hit the bottom, ok blame the engine in Austria, but here being slower .3 than last year with everyone else improving close to a second is an enormous disaster.

Karim28
Karim28

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:13
Karim28 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:10
A disaster, the 4th fastest car, even behind the Ferraris.
If there is a world championship for non-sensible talking and b*****iting, it will go undoubtedly for Helmut Marko.
Everything is wrong, Albon, the Engine and even the car.
4 Cars with Honda engines, one of them has reached Q3 with a miracle and even didn't try a lap in Q3 as precaution and the other 3 cars complained every stint and every lap.
Albon is just a disaster, just as the whole junior-programme is destroyed and I think seriously in the next 5 years the program would vanish completely and the Fer&Merc programs are doing much way better and more attractive for talented drivers.
The engine is the smallest problem here. We are on a track where the chasis is the most important, and surprise! But always easy to blame the PU and not to admit own errors
Man I didn't mention the performance, the whole problem is the reliability.
As Schumacher said, "you want to finish first? first you should finish". The performance whether in Hungary or Monza is equally useless without reliability allows the drivers to push hard with no fear of issues.
Last season Max usually complained after every Qualy-session that the power hadn't existed while throttling at corners' exit, though we admit it was a big step for Honda excluding the reliability and hoped it would be ok this season. Now ? Nothing

JordanMugen

Bill wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:12
Redbull should have listened to Gasly the car was difficult to drive from last year if you listen to both drivers it moves the team forward.one man team as Alonso has shown don't work.
Max:
Clearly something is not working. It's hard to understand.
A puzzling one!
Karim28 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:20
Man I didn't mention the performance, the whole problem is the reliability.
You are quite right. There are some issues with this new power unit at the moment. Gasly with a problem here in Qual, Verstappen too, failures in the 1st Austrian GP.

If Honda leaves F1, Renault would be obliged to supply Red Bull as the supplier with the least (no) customers.

Issues to fix both with both the chassis and the power unit ATM!
Last edited by JordanMugen on 18 Jul 2020, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

Gasly is in q3 its shameful to be blaming the pu .ferrari was nowhere in Austria but here they are faster than Rbr .the pu is underestimated its making them look good,they were second best team in Austria here they 4th best

godlameroso

In qualifying yes, in the race it will be different, mostly because the race start is going to be wet. However from what I've seen in the limited running, the RB16 is faster than the RB15 in race pace. I don't know if it will translate on track during the race, but so far the car is faster in the race than it was last year. Unfortunately Mercedes has improved by that amount and then some.
Saishū kōnā

McMika98
McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:28
In qualifying yes, in the race it will be different, mostly because the race start is going to be wet. However from what I've seen in the limited running, the RB16 is faster than the RB15 in race pace. I don't know if it will translate on track during the race, but so far the car is faster in the race than it was last year. Unfortunately Mercedes has improved by that amount and then some.
Every midfield car is as quicker than RB15 based on Austria.

closed1001
closed1001

to the people blaming the engine top speed was the exact same as Mercedes

Marti_EF3

Now starting to say Honda will leave? Well, it's like old times. All blame to the PU, and keep being blind with your own problems. Renault have also reliability problems. Maybe Honda should go more agressively, but we know how they deal with new spec engines... But right now, I think 75% is on the car and 25% on the PU. No point of having reliability if your car have a poor handling not being able to match even a Williams time or last year car times...

etusch

Bill wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 14:37
Looks Max has already thrown the towel.
http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... rnbos.html

When Redbull were with Renault they demanded that they close the power gap in no time maybe they will come to the realization that it's not easy.
when they with Renault when they built good chassis they were good and compete with Mercedes. only problem was reliability. I think still it is true but as you said not easy and they are not that good unfortunately. This is I don't expect from Redbull and Newey
Last edited by etusch on 18 Jul 2020, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

I said last year that Redbull lives under the delusion that they are great chassis master builders if they are slow it must be someone fault e.g. Pu supplies some people ridiculed that assertion.i think should change their altitude

Karim28
Karim28

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:34
Now starting to say Honda will leave? Well, it's like old times. All blame to the PU, and keep being blind with your own problems. Renault have also reliability problems. Maybe Honda should go more agressively, but we know how they deal with new spec engines... But right now, I think 75% is on the car and 25% on the PU. No point of having reliability if your car have a poor handling not being able to match even a Williams time or last year car times...
We all admit that the car is a disaster, neither the updated car nor the BCN-test car are suitable now. It need to be fixed as soon as possible. But again the driver push with an engine, the engine is the core of the car. If that core is no more reliable, then the car won't move. It's basics ,mate. But every run and every lap we hear just complain and checking the engine. You can't even hope or dream for a competition for championship.
closed1001 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:32
to the people blaming the engine top speed was the exact same as Mercedes
It doesn't matter the top speed on that circuit with reliability issues.

etusch

Bill wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 16:38
I said last year that Redbull lives under the delusion that they are great chassis master builders if they are slow it must be someone fault e.g. Pu supplies some people ridiculed that assertion.i think should change their altitude
Hope this will be wake up call for them. Mclaren waked up and they are better and getting better.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

At gained a second a Rb lost, Jesus...