[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979
fouad1979

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Darth-Piekus wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 17:20
Yes Charles was faster this time but is Ferrari still picky in terms of performance? Are they behind us or not?
This weekend they were faster at least with Charles no doubt about it quaki and race

Darth-Piekus

I have faith in the team to study the race and improve the package next week.

I never said Charles wasn't faster today. All I am saying is that we are best so far as a general set up gaining points consistently, having both drivers consistent. The only points we have lost were due to bad luck so far.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Ok but im just saying that the team must improve we need a couples of tenths more the next week end will be interessting maybe we have more parts coming new floor or mechanicals parts
Last edited by fouad1979 on 02 Aug 2020, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 17:13
but personally to me Leclerc and Ricciardo are just exceptional drivers who are taking a lot out of the car.
So your saying Sainz and Norris just aren't good enough?

Darth-Piekus wrote:
And no considering to have known Mclaren from the 1988 being a powerhouse I am not gonna celebrate a 5th position. A good result but nothing spectacular to celebrate.
Past results have no bearing on current affairs. You're arguing this "3rd best team" to the hilt, yet 5th isn't worth celebrating? 5th is an excellent result, and most definitely worth the applause.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Let's also not underestimate the loss of momentum for Lando (and Stroll) getting bottled up behind Bottas and losing 2 positions at the start.
Last edited by Macklaren on 02 Aug 2020, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Xero wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 17:25
Darth-Piekus wrote:
but personally to me Leclerc and Ricciardo are just exceptional drivers who are taking a lot out of the car.

Darth-Piekus wrote:
And no considering to have known Mclaren from the 1988 being a powerhouse I am not gonna celebrate a 5th position. A good result but nothing spectacular to celebrate.
Past results have no bearing on current affairs. You're arguing this "3rd best team" to the hilt, yet 5th isn't worth celebrating? 5th is an excellent result, and most definitely worth the applause.
This year we have the chance to fight for 3 not 5 this my opinion if we add more parts and we progress as we did each season 3 spot is our goal this year

Darth-Piekus

5th is a good result considering what happened today and for the standards of now but Mclaren is targeting more than that. Our drivers are exceptional there is no doubt about that. However I am looking at what Ricciardo and Leclerc are doing compared to their team mates. How much of their results are due to talent than the car? Look at Verstappen compared to Albon.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Im just wondering what fernando will did with this renault he will be our opponent next year

JRindt

Damn, I was really hoping to extend our advantage over RP and Ferrari. The only silver lining is, I guess Mclaren are generating possibly similar amount of downforce as Mercedes in high speed corners :lol:

Darth-Piekus

We did extend our advantage over RP by 8 points whole Ferrari gained 6 more points than us.

haza
haza

We need to keep realistic at the moment 3rd In the standings is very much possible and people need to be happy with the results we’re getting 5th is a very good result and a decent bag of points but we can’t get carried away expecting podiums most races we also cannot count out the Ferrari’s and racing points McLaren are in a good place now they are rebuilding and we need to forget the days of old expecting to be the best as it’s a completely different McLaren now to back then an we won’t be in a Possible position to win until 2022 when regulations Reset completely

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

fouad1979 wrote:
Xero wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

Darth-Piekus wrote:
This year we have the chance to fight for 3 not 5 this my opinion if we add more parts and we progress as we did each season 3 spot is our goal this year
We are definitely in the fight for P3 in the WCC... But we aren’t the 3rd best team just yet... The fight with RO, Ferrari and Renault will be close for the rest of the season... We could finish P3, just as easy as we could finish P6... The great thing is that we have had a great start to the season and have build a good lead towards the others in the first few races... Consistency will be key.

We just can’t avoid the facts and have to realize that in terms of performance we aren’t clear ahead of the rest... We have enough car to fight and that’s an excellent position to be in.

Regarding P5, I mean celebrating Lando’s P5 in this race... That’s a 3rd best team position in a “normal” race... So worth celebrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 17:31
5th is a good result considering what happened today and for the standards of now but Mclaren is targeting more than that. Our drivers are exceptional there is no doubt about that. However I am looking at what Ricciardo and Leclerc are doing compared to their team mates. How much of their results are due to talent than the car? Look at Verstappen compared to Albon.
On that same token, how much of our results are due to the talent of Lando and Carlos?

Just trying to temper expectations. We had the 5th quickest car today, and thats not including a bizzarely underperforming Racing Point. Operationaly, we fully deserve our 3rd place in the standings. Today was a excellent result, shame as it could have been even better.

fouad1979
fouad1979

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 17:42
fouad1979 wrote:
Xero wrote:

We are definitely in the fight for P3 in the WCC... But we aren’t the 3rd best team just yet... The fight with RO, Ferrari and Renault will be close for the rest of the season... We could finish P3, just as easy as we could finish P6... The great thing is that we have had a great start to the season and have build a good lead towards the others in the first few races... Consistency will be key.

We just can’t avoid the facts and have to realize that in terms of performance we aren’t clear ahead of the rest... We have enough car to fight and that’s an excellent position to be in.

Regarding P5, I mean celebrating Lando’s P5 in this race... That’s a 3rd best team position in a “normal” race... So worth celebrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the team have a new floor and diffuser for next week and boom we will be the 3 fastest car =P~

Macklaren
Macklaren

The glass half full approach is that we were less than 4 secs away from the car that finished P3. We could have easily had a P4 on merit here