[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

selvam_e2002 wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 07:07
I need to see RB crying with Honda when Meclaren beat them next year
Why? Honda did exceptionally well after we left them... why wish ill on Honda?
They took our cr*p and did their best in a bad situation. Now everyone is happy.

Still want to beat Red Bull though, just have nothing against Honda.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Marc.W

Unboxed for Silverstone

haza
haza

Okay so we know where we are in terms of performance here we’re fighting Ferrari and Renault personally I believe we could have the Ferraris/Ferrari in the race on the right strategy as this weekend is looking towards a 2 stopper race I think if we start on the softs we should go for a 2 stop of mediums for the first stint then softs for the last stint So we have the pace at the end

haza
haza

Also I think that we need to start team playing we seen with Carlos last weekend he struggled with vibrations at the end which subsequently hampered Lando he was stuck behind Carlos for quite some time (yes he never got within DRS) but personally I believe had Lando got by sainz early on the last stint of the race he could have passed Charles and we could possibly have earned ourselves a second podium

the EDGE
the EDGE

haza wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 13:57
Okay so we know where we are in terms of performance here we’re fighting Ferrari and Renault personally I believe we could have the Ferraris/Ferrari in the race on the right strategy as this weekend is looking towards a 2 stopper race I think if we start on the softs we should go for a 2 stop of mediums for the first stint then softs for the last stint So we have the pace at the end
Don't forget all 3 compounds are a step softer already for this weekend and its going to be hot... very hot!.

Also Pirelli are increasing the minimum tyre pressure. That could affect the performance of some more than others

haza
haza

We will soon find out Friday (providing the team doesn’t aero test again) in the the long run stints but I do believe that p4-p5 is possible on merit

haza
haza

the EDGE wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 14:02
haza wrote:
Don't forget all 3 compounds are a step softer already for this weekend and its going to be hot... very hot!.

Also Pirelli are increasing the minimum tyre pressure. That could affect the performance of some more than others
I thought Pirelli where bring the pressure down by 1 psi

haza
haza

haza wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 14:11
the EDGE wrote:
haza wrote:

Never mind misread your comment 😂

_cerber1

Can we expect better speed as the team understands the new components better than last weekend?

hecan
hecan

haza wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 14:11
the EDGE wrote:
haza wrote:

As far as I know, if you bring the pressure down you'll increase the contact patch. This would mean your tyres suffer even more when turning.

hecan
hecan

_cerber1 wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 14:36
Can we expect better speed as the team understands the new components better than last weekend?
Probably yes, not only because of a more refined setup but also as Pirelli is bringing softer compounds

Big Tea

I read also that Silverstone are altering the 'suspected' curb, incase it was the cause
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

the EDGE wrote:
haza wrote:

The latest estimates indicate that it will get cooler through the weekend and might be just a couple of degrees up compared to last weekend... Hotter, but manageable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

_cerber1 wrote:Can we expect better speed as the team understands the new components better than last weekend?
That’s a fair expectation... They may also try a few different setups considering the data they got from the race... Ferrari had good pace with a very low downforce setup for example and didn’t suffer with tires as much as we expected.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Big Tea wrote:I read also that Silverstone are altering the 'suspected' curb, incase it was the cause
They are increasing the length of the curb at T14 if I’m not wrong.