[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pany
Pany

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

What a stupid move from RedBull on verstappen

nzjrs

Pany wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:10
What a stupid move from RedBull on verstappen
Did you mean to post this in the race thread, and also what?

Marti_EF3

That's what I call a --- race. Frustrating always the same guy with all the luck. Also with the garbage tires. What a useless sport F1 is right now :x :x

Racer X

I'm disappointed too because Max ran into a bit of bad luck. But what is up with Albon okey at this track it's not like he was going to be able to overtake. So I dont blame him for not being able to pass the cars in front of him. But that little mistake added to poor performances? Could that be the final nail in the coffin?

It's like theirs always an excuse or a mistake.
Always something.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Juzh

Racer X wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:54
Could that be the final nail in the coffin?
This coffin surely has way too many nails in it already?

TNTHead

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:45
That's what I call a --- race. Frustrating always the same guy with all the luck. Also with the garbage tires. What a useless sport F1 is right now :x :x
I feel the same way. Mercs are ahead, Max can compensate some by pushing. The undercut call was not stategically wise if you ask me, at least in hinsight. HAM did get an easy win, again. Because poor Bottas, good tyre management and lucky VSC (or scripted if you have an evil thought).

On the positive side: Max did a good chase on Bottas. But then an exploding tyre or something on the right rear brake or suspension.

I would be surprised if Albon is not out coming next weeks.

Racer X

Juzh wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:01
Racer X wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:54
Could that be the final nail in the coffin?
This coffin surely has way too many nails in it already?
Well he seems immortal doesn't he at this point i'll asume he continúes and Max will be basically without a team mate because Albon drives like he's in a GP2 Car.

I hope Albon gets better results because Max can't be the only one carrying the team.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

McG

Albon...

Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Revs84
Revs84

People seem to be downplaying the problem Red Bull are facing with their second driver. It's not as easy as chucking an experienced driver into the 2nd car and all will be good.

What's to say Perez or Hulk will not also struggle in that 2nd seat? Albon might not have had the most brilliant career in other Formulas but Gasly did, and he continues to show how good a driver he is. Yet, look how his half year stint in the Red Bull car go.

A team such as Red Bull will have lots of data on other cars and drivers, so surely, RB Junior program aside, if either Hulk or Perez would suddenly close the gap to Max they would have taken him with open arms? Especially Perez, since he brings a healthy backing with him.

Although I fully agree that Albon is not cutting it, he has over a year experience with the team and car. Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised that even with his poor showing, he might still be their best bet at the moment.

ispano6

It looked like Max went over debris, something black appeared to come from the front of his car from the right front tire.

Pitting Albon during the safety car looks like the missed call, benefit of hindsight of course. At least it allowed Kvyat to get by for a chance at the podium but Ricciardo was too good. Red Bull probably miss him and Renault will probably too.

ispano6

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Definitely seems like Formula Luck. But seriously what's up with these tyres and how puncture prone they are. Also the gravel traps seem to cause harm to radiators (not saying that is what happened to Gasly, but to Albon in Germany). Why not just have deep tall grass? At some point FIA needs to realise they can make things better instead of leaving it to luck.

restless
restless

grass?! Then on rain anyone touching the grass will be gone for good.

dtro
dtro

Alboff

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Revs84 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:31
People seem to be downplaying the problem Red Bull are facing with their second driver. It's not as easy as chucking an experienced driver into the 2nd car and all will be good.

What's to say Perez or Hulk will not also struggle in that 2nd seat? Albon might not have had the most brilliant career in other Formulas but Gasly did, and he continues to show how good a driver he is. Yet, look how his half year stint in the Red Bull car go.

A team such as Red Bull will have lots of data on other cars and drivers, so surely, RB Junior program aside, if either Hulk or Perez would suddenly close the gap to Max they would have taken him with open arms? Especially Perez, since he brings a healthy backing with him.

Although I fully agree that Albon is not cutting it, he has over a year experience with the team and car. Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised that even with his poor showing, he might still be their best bet at the moment.
I honestly think Gasly was promoted a year too early last year. He looks ready now, but from all indications he’s seen as the leader in AT.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

tangodjango
tangodjango

ispano6 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:51
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Definitely seems like Formula Luck. But seriously what's up with these tyres and how puncture prone they are. Also the gravel traps seem to cause harm to radiators (not saying that is what happened to Gasly, but to Albon in Germany). Why not just have deep tall grass? At some point FIA needs to realise they can make things better instead of leaving it to luck.
Am I stupid for liking your idea with a modification: they should water the grass till it becomes muddy. That way cars become stuck in the mud and get trapped rather than ricochet into the wall and get damaged while splattering the track with mud when they go off leading to carnage behind 8)
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello