[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Very good race by Max, GoT Hamilton at the start, got (Yes he was hampered by the damage) Bottas (but overtaking here is also neigh on impossible). And the Lady Luck strikes again. For the 4th time. I cannot believe it.

tangodjango
tangodjango

On the plus side Max had much better race pace vs quali as compared to Portimao.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Sieper

Yep, there Max knew how late is was on Friday. The low grip tarmac did them in.

NathanOlder

tangodjango wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 17:50
On the plus side Max had much better race pace vs quali as compared to Portimao.
Not really sure, we didn't really get to see his race pace did we? We saw how much faster Lewis was to Bottas when Bottas pitted.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

tangodjango
tangodjango

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 18:30
tangodjango wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 17:50
Not really sure, we didn't really get to see his race pace did we? We saw how much faster Lewis was to Bottas when Bottas pitted.
True but consider that Bottas had what appeared to be not insignificant damage and was only half a second off Hamilton's fastest lap on his own effort at the end of the race. I don't feel there was that much in it even between Lewis and Max maybe two-three tenths maximum. It was much more at Portimao maybe because of low grip conditions there as some others have mentioned.
Last edited by tangodjango on 01 Nov 2020, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Pany
Pany

Stupid answer
nzjrs wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:13
Pany wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:10
What a stupid move from RedBull on verstappen
Did you mean to post this in the race thread, and also what?

Sieper

Plus we saw max pull a gap on Bottas with ease, so the pace was there more likely then not.

But even so, Merc is still faster imho.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:45
That's what I call a --- race. Frustrating always the same guy with all the luck. Also with the garbage tires. What a useless sport F1 is right now :x :x
I don't think it is luck but trying to build hand made british F1 legend. When I saw that pit vsc thing I just closed TV and that was my last time. I will not watch it any more.

godlameroso

Why not? Istanbul Park is basically an auto x course with a long straight and a chicane in between.

Turn 8 is easy flat. It's like an oval turn where you try to scrub as little speed as possible.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

Sieper wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 19:05
Plus we saw max pull a gap on Bottas with ease, so the pace was there more likely then not.

Didn't Bottas still have the big lump of vettels car stuck at that point. I thought they only cleared it in the 2nd stop.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

JordanMugen

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:45
That's what I call a --- race. Frustrating always the same guy with all the luck. Also with the garbage tires. What a useless sport F1 is right now :x :x
:lol: Isn't it up to Red Bull - Honda to build a faster car? :wink:

The tyres, that is another debate. Pirelli won the 2020-2023 tender, Hankook were rejected, so that is that... Pirelli continue as the supplier.

Will Hulkenberg drive a #27 Red Bull in Turkey? :?:

JordanMugen

Revs84 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:31
What's to say Perez or Hulk will not also struggle in that 2nd seat?
If Hulk struggles then he is "rubbish", likewise Perez. I don't think Hulk will struggle, he does quite OK with cars with unstable rear. Perez could struggle and that would "out" Perez as being overrated all along...

Why should drivers need a stable car in order to perform competently!? If Verstappen can feel the grip, it is up to the second driver to do the same.

Revs84 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:31
Although I fully agree that Albon is not cutting it, he has over a year experience with the team and car. Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised that even with his poor showing, he might still be their best bet at the moment.
RBR deliberately ignored #14 Alonso for 2020 or 2021, which is just madness IMO. To overlook an available fast driver who performs well -- huge missed opportunity.

If Alonso can't put the second Red Bull somewhat on the pace, then who can! :D

Sieper

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:02
Sieper wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 19:05

Didn't Bottas still have the big lump of vettels car stuck at that point. I thought they only cleared it in the 2nd stop.
I don’t know when they cleared that, they didn’t say on the radiobroadcast I was listening the race on but after Max did clear him he was keeping pace with Lewis. Last race he lost more and more. We will never really know as Lewis and Max weren’t racing eachother here but there are some indications RBR was closer than last race imho. Still, Merc is clearly fastest everywhere.

Racer X

Wow I can't help but feel sad for Perez the kid faught hard. Why did Racing Point oit him I thought they wanted to Maximize their points tally?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NathanOlder

Just looked at the qualy pace of last seasons car to help gauge how Gasly and Albon did. Now looking at last season, and using Max vs Mercedes as the gauge (Ferrari were cheating in the 2nd half of the season so thats why I havent included them in the calculations)

The whole time Gasly was in the RedBull , Max averaged 0.529 behind Mercedes in qualifying.
The whole time Albon was in the RedBull, Max averaged 0.177 behind Mercedes in qualifying.

So the whole time Gasly had the car, it was nowhere near as competitive as when Albon had the car. This is why I believe Gasly is a much better driver than Albon. Add to this that Albon was outscored by Kvyat while they were team mates (Alb 16pts, Kvy 27pts), and Gasly had the better of Kvyat (Gas 32pts, Kvy 10pts) There is zero evidence that Albon is better than Gasly yet so many people seem to think Albon deserves to be there more than Gasly.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.