[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

In fact Verstappen can avoid crash as all other drivers do who are starting mid of pack. But instead of caring around himself he choosed to concentrate to push radio button and swear about what pitwall guys already seeing by telemetry.

Juzh

etusch wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 22:18
In fact Verstappen can avoid crash as all other drivers do who are starting mid of pack. But instead of caring around himself he choosed to concentrate to push radio button and swear about what pitwall guys already seeing by telemetry.
Would be true if he wasn't punted off by other drivers. Him shouting on the radio had exactly nothing to do with it. He was on the radio for like 1 second just after the start and then only after he was wiped out by others. So why are you spewing this bs? I guess you didn't check anything before you wrote this. When it's so easy to check these things nowadays you really should be.

Wouter

Interview with Max.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.fighting-talk-why -max-verstappens-will-to-win-hasnt-been-hit-by-mercedes.4bya wtGYgU13i03NeEv4iX.html

Even with a number of races still to run this season, Verstappen doesn't think he's in the fight.

"Yeah, I'm in the middle of nowhere in this championship. From my side, I never thought I was in a championship battle. I will finish third [overall] if I don't keep retiring. In general, that's the place where we belong. If you are 60 points or 10 behind in third, it doesn't really matter, you're slower. We just need to learn why we have these issues because to have three retirements [at the time of our interview] is not good. We just have to try to do better."

It's as simple as that. As always he gets straight to the point.
The reality is that Red Bull went too aggressive with the RB16's design concept, discovered an error in correlation between the wind tunnel figures and its on-track statistics, and have been chasing performance ever since.

The team have identified the problem and are on the case, but the RB16 continues to be a tricky car to control as the rear is prone to bouts of instability. An instinctive Verstappen can handle the nervousness at the back of the car, but as Pierre Gasly found out and Alex Albon is now discovering, such a characteristic doesn't do much to boost a driver's confidence.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Juzh wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 22:25
etusch wrote:
Would be true if he wasn't punted off by other drivers. Him shouting on the radio had exactly nothing to do with it. He was on the radio for like 1 second just after the start and then only after he was wiped out by others. So why are you spewing this bs? I guess you didn't check anything before you wrote this. When it's so easy to check these things nowadays you really should be.
So you say he was fully concentrated to race and just hit by others ?

Juzh

etusch wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 22:49
Juzh wrote:
etusch wrote:
Are we really going to have this debate? sigh..
inboard with radio:

outboard shot:

I guess being rammed by alfa romeo is somehow Verstappens fault. ok. Seriously, did you even watch the race? #-o

edit. I see you're from turkey which has F1tv. It's dirt cheap (3€/month for f1 access) so really no excuse for not having it tbh, then you could easily check this stuff prior to asking stupid questions. sorry, but this is so pointless it's getting on my nerves a bit.

etusch

Juzh wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 23:04
etusch wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 22:49
Juzh wrote:

Are we really going to have this debate? sigh..
inboard with radio:

outboard shot:

I guess being rammed by alfa romeo is somehow Verstappens fault. ok. Seriously, did you even watch the race? #-o

edit. I see you're from turkey which has F1tv. It's dirt cheap (3€/month for f1 access) so really no excuse for not having it tbh, then you could easily check this stuff prior to asking stupid questions. sorry, but this is so pointless it's getting on my nerves a bit.
Ok I accept I forgot it a bit. I watched the race of course. Now I see he brakes because of AT front of him then it happens. Whatever, he fall there because of engine but he didn't crashed because of engine. he fall in midpack because of engine and this not necessarily end up with crash.
I am not trying to debate but you are very eager to keep going. I don't deny reliability issues but we don't know what cause what. You are very cruel and arrogant. But your claims are not match that self confidence.
You said about ice or ers failure that it ends up same, but simply it not ends up same. Because you can use them and avoid penalty. It looks like many of issues are not because of engineering issues but essemling issues. Maybe because of overworking. Whatever, you must know that f1tv or small illegal videos don't make you clever than me. So if you can not be kind then choose to shut up. Ok ?

Juzh

etusch wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 23:44
Maybe because of overworking. Whatever, you must know that f1tv or small illegal videos don't make you clever than me. So if you can not be kind then choose to shut up. Ok ?
You started with your unsubstantiated and frankly ridiculous claims in trying to spin this honda dnf as verstappen's failure without ever double checking any of the facts, even though this is how you started your post:
etusch wrote:
In fact Verstappen can avoid crash as all other drivers do who are starting mid of pack.
Not very "clever" in this instance.

diffuser

etusch wrote:
I was very vocal that Max had to clean up his act in early 2019 and the years before. Since then, he has done just that. I don't think you can really complain about that part of his driving. IMO, he has driven worthy of a championship, he has taken it to the next level.

Wouter

Red Bull is filming in Turkey today.

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

diffuser wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 15:47
etusch wrote:
I was very vocal that Max had to clean up his act in early 2019 and the years before. Since then, he has done just that. I don't think you can really complain about that part of his driving. IMO, he has driven worthy of a championship, he has taken it to the next level.
I don't complain about his drive, I like his aggressive style. I just don't see any one of them flawless. I like his drive ability even before Honda partnership but in same time his personality is impulsive for me and many of f1 followers I know as well

etusch

Everything was ready to go İstanbul to watch race but unfortunately they decided to make it without spectators. None sense for me but it is what it is. I have no intention to follow it anymore after last race vsc incident.

Wouter

Pierre Gasly and Alexander Albon again behind the wheel this morning..

The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

diffuser wrote:
etusch wrote:
I agree he has substantially changed his approach. Earlier years he also talked about going for the win. But now, even when he is stuck in 3rd place he is driving to maximize evert race. Careful at starts etc. This Mugello race he would have had to retire anyway but he was completely blameless in the first lap even with the PU problems. He gave ample space.

diffuser

etusch wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 19:29
diffuser wrote:
etusch wrote:
I don't complain about his drive, I like his aggressive style. I just don't see any one of them flawless. I like his drive ability even before Honda partnership but in same time his personality is impulsive for me and many of f1 followers I know as well
I don't care about that, not like he's my roommate!:)

etusch

diffuser wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 23:42
etusch wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 19:29
diffuser wrote:

I don't care about that, not like he's my roommate!:)
Sure. If he is quick it is ok.