Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
donskar
donskar

Re: Ferrari F60

mx_tifosi wrote:It seems that 'donskar' is being tempted by the dark side. 8)

Don't let the Bahrain conditions mislead you. They've had worse problems like f-ed up pistons and what not.

Remember that Raikkonen was supposed to have done a million km's of testing? I wonder how thats going...
Hey, this "dark side" is OK . . . More interesting people over here :lol:

I'll claim the "Duke of Dumb" title by being the first to predict the next WDC: Hamilton. Really going out on a limb, eh? How about WCC to BMW?

Seriously, it just seems clear to me that McL are way ahead of the rest in both initial design and in interesting developments during testing. Yes, Newey has rolled out a clever design, but reliability must be a concern. And I don't think Red Bull has the resources to match McL's in-season development.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

timbo
timbo

donskar wrote:Seriously, it just seems clear to me that McL are way ahead of the rest in both initial design and in interesting developments during testing.
Well, the fct that McLaren would be in good shape is not something of a surprise. But I can't imagine how you may call running a last year's wing as being "ahead in development".

So, better conditions today in Sakhir. Any pictures yet?

tk421

timbo wrote:
donskar wrote:Seriously, it just seems clear to me that McL are way ahead of the rest in both initial design and in interesting developments during testing.
Well, the fct that McLaren would be in good shape is not something of a surprise. But I can't imagine how you may call running a last year's wing as being "ahead in development".
I agree. I think both championships are completely up in the air. I'm predicting 7 or 8 different race winners (up from 5 last year), and low point totals. I believe the only thing in common this year will have with last is a very, very close finish!
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

majicmeow
majicmeow

5 winners? :)

Hamilton, Massa, Kimi, Fernando, Heiki, Vettel and Kubica... thats 7 :)

djos

majicmeow wrote:5 winners? :)

Dont count Webbo out either! [-X
"In downforce we trust"

MattF1
MattF1

djos wrote:

But he didn't win last season.

djos

MattF1 wrote:
djos wrote:

But he didn't win last season.
ah yes true, I thought we were talking about those who would win this year. :oops:
"In downforce we trust"

Rikhart
Rikhart

Sexiest car, by a country mile... The more I look at it, the more beautiful I think it is.

andartop
andartop

Kimi having only fruit juices??? Oh, c'mon mate, don't be a quitter! Does that mean he'll finally start winning races in countries where the champagne in the podium is non-alcoholic? :lol:
Let's just hope he's over last year's trance by now, otherwise he'll be in for some more serious spanking from Macca and Massa..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

modbaraban
modbaraban

It looks like Kimi will try to finish each race in 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the same time :lol:

marinopc
marinopc

According to the italian TV "Rai Uno" , Kimi tested a new rear wing with no good results (source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXFaVfHMje4)

I've been looking at the pics from that day compared with another days before and I don't see any difference!

Any news about this?

timbo
timbo

Looks like they are back to longer exhaust pipes, but sealed the opening -

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Bargeboards continue unpainted, and it's been more than a month since the launch, and with a few test sessions already completed.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Metar

Isn't there also a logo missing on the flaps of the front wings?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yes, a horrendous ETIHAD logo on the main plane. I describe it as horrendous because it is a huge black square with white lettering inside, a larger version than the one on the side of the monocoque. They don't look good at all, I doubt anyone would argue that. But money is money right...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.