[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313
basti313

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 15:51
basti313 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 12:09

For Williams...there is a guy named Robert around...
you've got to be kidding right.

He ended with a semi-beef with Williams, hasn't driven all year long,
and is leaving F1 again. this makes no sense.
Didn't the management change at Williams?
And up to my knowledge some Robert has been driving in FP1 this weekend... :mrgreen:
Don`t russel the hamster!

e30ernest
e30ernest

As much as I like Robert, I'd prefer someone more capable in terms of raw pace. I want to see what that W11 will do in another driver's hands.

Also, I want to see how Bottas will fare against such a driver.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

e30ernest wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 16:19
As much as I like Robert, I'd prefer someone more capable in terms of raw pace. I want to see what that W11 will do in another driver's hands.

Also, I want to see how Bottas will fare against such a driver.
I'd be VERY curious to see Bottas VS Russell.

It'd be pretty embarassing if Bottas gets destroyed by Guiterrez or VanDoorne.
Russell would be less embarassing, but still, a thing to ponder upon.

Bottas has been imho doing some facepalm driving the last couple of races.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Latest from 'Ted'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'm gonna go tinfoil here and say, with the championship secured at both the WCC and WDC, perhaps it 'serves' to have the top dog F1 character get Covid and oblidge to the rules so people will follow example, and for spectacle we will have a final two races without LH and see an interesting finale. As for it being VanDoorne, Sky ASSUMES this, i do wonder whether it'll actually happen though.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

also

https://twitter.com/svandoorne?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

looking on Stoffels twitter posts, he won't be going to race here this weekend at all, we would DEFINATELY have gotten to see him going to the airport.

basti313
basti313

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:16
also

looking on Stoffels twitter posts, he won't be going to race here this weekend at all, we would DEFINATELY have gotten to see him going to the airport.
Why? I would assume, that he has his helmet, knows the car and track from the simulator already and Merc has his seat in Bahrain.
It is unfortunately not 2019 anymore...so he can not simply go to the airport of Valencia, this airport is down. I had the issue this summer...he can drive to Madrid, roughly 4 hours to the airport. The only flights go in the morning.
So I see no need to hurry today. My bet is they either get him a private plane and fly him after the FE test or he goes with a car to Madrid and flies tomorrow to London or Frankfurt.
Don`t russel the hamster!

bosyber
bosyber

Vandoorne is definitely going to Bahrain tomorrow, but indeed, at the moment it is not anymore at the flip of a switch, he needs not just a ticket but also make sure that his COVID-19 test goes through. But, he's also said he isn't sure of actually driving that car.

On Russell: good point about the change of management, might mean a bit of money could help, though as I just heard Joe Saward remind us on the MissedApex Podcast, Haas are w/o one of their drivers - admittedly the less consistent one, but still, if this odd track throws up surprises (and with the layout not favouring the Ferrari PU cars at all), this weekend might be the last chance of the season for Williams to get points, and they can hardly depend on Lafiti to do the job, so that might be a snag for Russell going to Merc for two races. It would be a good opportunity for Merc to see how he compares though, with nothing of major importance to play for, and Bottas there to this time hopefully keep things together.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

basti313 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:26
Manoah2u wrote:
also

Why? I would assume, that he has his helmet, knows the car and track from the simulator already and Merc has his seat in Bahrain.
It is unfortunately not 2019 anymore...so he can not simply go to the airport of Valencia, this airport is down. I had the issue this summer...he can drive to Madrid, roughly 4 hours to the airport. The only flights go in the morning.
So I see no need to hurry today. My bet is they either get him a private plane and fly him after the FE test or he goes with a car to Madrid and flies tomorrow to London or Frankfurt.
I have a house in the area, he can board a flight no problem, and especially a private jet.

There is no indication he's actually leaving. Again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell and Nissany change their seats for the coming two races.

Also because the fact is Nissany is already there after having tested the Williams last week, and clearly, so is Russell, and both drivers are Corona-free.

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:39
basti313 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:26
Manoah2u wrote:
also

I have a house in the area, he can board a flight no problem, and especially a private jet.

There is no indication he's actually leaving. Again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell and Nissany change their seats for the coming two races.

Also because the fact is Nissany is already there after having tested the Williams last week, and clearly, so is Russell, and both drivers are Corona-free.
I notice Nissany has national sponsorship on his nose endplates, so there may be a bit of cash to assist the decision
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

It'll be a win-win to be honest. Merc might even pay Williams a sum. Nissany might pay a sum. Russell gets a great chance for two races as it's unlikely Hamilton's quarantine period is over before the final GP - claims Ted and co.

Two races for Russell to score points and prove his worth.
Two races for Nissany to show his worth.

Williams gets money in both situations.

ispano6

Isn't Esteban Gutierrez a simulator driver for Mercedes?

Hamilton can only drive if he tests negative. It's possible the entire pit lane was exposed, as was Max and Alex at the podium. F1 has let their guard down. It only took 1 McLaren crew member to suspend the season which may have been a premature decision, but there was likely a large chance of exposure during the red flag stoppage in the pits.
Last edited by ispano6 on 01 Dec 2020, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

ripleysend
ripleysend

ispano6 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 18:45
Isn't Esteban Gutierrez a simulator driver for Mercedes?
Not sure that he has the required super license points?

El Scorchio

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 18:18
It'll be a win-win to be honest. Merc might even pay Williams a sum. Nissany might pay a sum. Russell gets a great chance for two races as it's unlikely Hamilton's quarantine period is over before the final GP - claims Ted and co.

Makes a lot of sense- especially if Russell and Nissany are already there and 'in the bubble' so to speak.

matt_b
matt_b

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 18:18

Only 1 race has been confirmed so far, not sure if it is the 10 day or 14 day protocol where they are. If its 10 days he can race if its 14 days then he will rest up having finished the season with a win and sign the a new deal for X years.

*Correction it is 10 days