[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Italy's finest of course. Assetto Corsa has a version of Sakhir with 6 layouts. The GP, the endurance once they raced in 2010, the inner, outer, international and test oval.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

Race pace

Sector pace

Stint 1

Stint 2

Stint 3

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

According to this article by PlanetF1

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-e ... ance-core/

Renault (Cyril) will oppose the engine freeze request from Red Bull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 06:21
According to this article by PlanetF1

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-e ... ance-core/

Renault (Cyril) will oppose the engine freeze request from Red Bull.

“We are ready for some sort of compromise, in particular in the engine freeze because we accept convergence is happening, so spending big money is crazy."

He is looking for something in return.

LHamilton
LHamilton

A power move from Cyril in the sense that they recognize that Red Bull is in a tough poisition and they (Renault) likely could gain something from this by 'threathing' an opposition to the engine freeze. Lets see if that comes back to bite them further down the line.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

LHamilton wrote:A power move from Cyril in the sense that they recognize that Red Bull is in a tough poisition and they (Renault) likely could gain something from this by 'threathing' an opposition to the engine freeze. Lets see if that comes back to bite them further down the line.
I guess Renault doesn’t have a lot to lose and more to gain by blocking the early engine freeze... They could win 2 customers for their PU, they could continue to develop and work on their new engine concept (which ultimately will be freezes in 2022 regardless, so every improvement they can make until will be there for 3 years afterwards)... On the losing side, Red Bull might not be very happy with them, but it isn’t like they are big friends right now.

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 20:24
Cool, he does the one meal a day thing? There are benefits to it, delaying eating putting your body in a partially fasting state produces more HGH, which stimulates stem cell production. Puts your body in an optimal state for learning/working/etc.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 22:03
Wouter wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 20:24
Cool, he does the one meal a day thing? There are benefits to it, delaying eating putting your body in a partially fasting state produces more HGH, which stimulates stem cell production. Puts your body in an optimal state for learning/working/etc.
I heard a youtube video that Elon Musk also didn't do breakfast.
Once I started to make some diet that I only eat 5 fig waited in olive oil as breakfast, only salad for lunch and only one kind dinner. I could not do that long. :lol: That diet was containing 32 hour fasting once a week with zero eating only water allowed. I did it one day, 3 days, 4 days and once 9 days. It is strange that you wish to eat but not because of hungry. If I could keep up as mentally I could do it much longer than 9 days.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Seems that clipping will be an issue with this track layout no? Will not be surprised if Racing Point is ahead of Redbull here if that is the case.

godlameroso

Downforce is actually quite important, for turn 4, the chicane, and the final corner, you need good downforce for all of those, and they're pretty important corners as they lead on to parts of the track that can win or lose you a lot of time. It doesn't matter if you're losing .3 in the straights if you're making up .5 in the corners. Frankly they should just run the same aero package and see what happens, the chicane is very downforce dependent because the exit is uphill and suddenly drops downhill. You need a lot of load to carry speed through the exit and not run wide. You also need downforce because it is a very tight entry and understeer will hurt your setup for the exit forcing you to brake sooner.
Saishū kōnā

Lock2nl
Lock2nl

The only difference in terms of corners is the chicane. The chicane itself isn't that much of a challenge either.The rest is pretty much part of the previous layout, or isn't worth mentioning. From what I was told they could have a hard time with the track quality of the oval part. It is old stuff, quite open and rough (hard on the tyres). Yet, there is little to no rubber on it.
Max admitted last Sunday he had chosen to use less wing than Mercedes did. This is one of the reasons he was fastest in sector 2 , which is without DRS but does have a long straight. The relative influence of the three straights is bigger in next race than in the previous one. So, I do expect the oval will be raced with less wing by Mercedes and RP. Max on the other hand cannot go lower.
All in all, I suspect the difference between on or off the podium for Red Bull will be made by tyre wear. If you ruin them too early it will cost you an extra stop. And of course it matters how well Russell will do. That will be interesting to see. Bottas had his share of bad luck but he also showed even a Merc has troubles passing midfielders. I would like to see how Russell does this if he ends up in midfield too.

Marti_EF3

If Russell manages to adapt to the car today, he will be a podium contener at least. He is a talented driver. RB won't have an easy race here...

Big Tea

The track is very short and passing lapped cars will defiantly come into play at some stage, and with the best will in the world, it is going to be difficult for lapped cars to get out of the way in a few places. Currently, without Hamilton, I see Max and Dan as the best passers with Perez and the mclarens there about with Charles and Gasly close behind.
I think this race will be as much about drivers overtaking ability as any thing else, except of course outright speed.
We could well end up with an unusual finishing order.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

Only FP1, but it seems the Honda PU is holding right there with all four cars into Top 6...