[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

KingGeorge the 63-th !!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:43
KingGeorge the 63-th !!
pretty close, it's 63rd 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

63 is a good number for Mercedes though.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adrianjordan

Impressed they were able to get that done so quickly!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

lio007

adrianjordan wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 13:07
Impressed they were able to get that done so quickly!!
Logistical challenges: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/geor ... y/4920567/
Russell then explained how Mercedes had quickly acted to complete the various logistical challenges for his race debut, when asked what being chose as Hamilton's replacement meant for his future career chances at the team.

He said: "It means a huge amount to me that Mercedes gave me this opportunity because it was not easy for them – it was a lot of effort [that] went into making this deal happen. And I really appreciate what they've done.

"Logistically, getting helmets painted in the course of 24-hours, suits made, flown over from Italy [where Mercedes F1 race suits are made by Puma], to the UK, to Bahrain – there's so many things that have had to happen in the course of such a short period of time.

Moore77

If George shows surprising level of performance in these two races (two races are most likely on cards, even if Hamilton becomes available for Abu Dhabi), how much would that play a role in Hamilton's negotiations? When Kimi was fast, exciting and was available in the market, Luca wanted to quickly secure his services and to that extent, there was pressure on Schumacher to decide about his future.

If George does impress a "whole" lot, I would guess there would be some notice from Daimler board and a nudge to Toto. Besides, Hamilton doesn't have anywhere else to go, which would make the contract talks interesting.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Big Tea

Moore77 wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 13:58
If George shows surprising level of performance in these two races (two races are most likely on cards, even if Hamilton becomes available for Abu Dhabi), how much would that play a role in Hamilton's negotiations? When Kimi was fast, exciting and was available in the market, Luca wanted to quickly secure his services and to that extent, there was pressure on Schumacher to decide about his future.

If George does impress a "whole" lot, I would guess there would be some notice from Daimler board and a nudge to Toto. Besides, Hamilton doesn't have anywhere else to go, which would make the contract talks interesting.
Wondering if Hamilton is thinking "damn, should have signed that contract last weekend" :D :evil:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SiLo

Pretty sure Hamilton is still here next year. Be mad not to.
Felipe Baby!

Big Tea

SiLo wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 14:20
Pretty sure Hamilton is still here next year. Be mad not to.
But will he get as good a deal? we will see now

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Moore77 wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 13:58

They'd have to buy out George's Williams contract first, assuming they'd let him go. Then they'd be more likely to buy pay Bottas to leave. Hamilton might be happy with a lower salary if they let him have his image rights back. He made a point about that in a recent interview.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

From the rumors I have read, the Lewis deal issues aren't about money, but promotional obligations, traveling, etc.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Big Tea

dans79 wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 17:10
From the rumors I have read, the Lewis deal issues aren't about money, but promotional obligations, traveling, etc.
But he still has a weakened hand if there is someone to step in if he decides he does not want the deal.
I can not see it happening, but if you have something they want, you deal, if someone else also has it, you still deal, but make comprimises

SiLo

Big Tea wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 17:41
dans79 wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 17:10
But he still has a weakened hand if there is someone to step in if he decides he does not want the deal.
I can not see it happening, but if you have something they want, you deal, if someone else also has it, you still deal, but make comprimises
Well they would have to buy out George's contract, and probably upfront too. Plus Lewis nets them an incredible amount of marketing and headlines. He's the most marketable driver on the grid and it's not even close. He's also the best driver on the grid.

I know people want to see George in the Mercedes, but that seat will have Lewis in it next year unless the people that run the most efficient and effective team the sport has ever seen have suddenly lost their minds.
Felipe Baby!

bucker
bucker

Did Mercedes switch multiple buttons on George steering so they are more Williams positioned?