Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Spencifer_Murphy

Re: Ferrari F60

Roland Ehnström wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:You never know.
No-one here claims to know. Heck, at this stage I bet even Ferrari themselves do not know if they are going to be fast or not this year. But what we can do, is to speculate on a basis of the facts we have at hand: The laptimes posted day by day from the pre-season tests. Judging by these laptimes, which once again is the only thing we have to go by at this stage, we can speculate that maybe Ferrari are not quite as quick this year as they were at the same point least season. That's all I am saying, no more, no less. It is absolutely possible that I am completely wrong, since very many factors are unknown, but if we talk in terms of probability, the facts we have at hand (the laptimes) point towards it being probable that Ferrari are slower this year than last year. Do I make any sense?
Yes you make perfect sence, and I agree. But (obviously in a textual message such as this one cannot tell what tone it is being said in) but I feel like you think I was saying "you" as in you personally don't know. I wasn't. I meant "You Never Know..." like the old saying "You Never Know what could be going on" as in None of us know, we can just speculate. Which is exactly what we've all been doing.

I hope you don't feel my post was made in bad taste, I really didn't intend it to be interpreted like that. I was actually agreeing with you in point, but just throwing another suggestion into the hat, not arguing against you.

I hope that clears any misunderstanding (if there was any at all!).
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

GTO

Welcome to this forum Afterburner.

Afterburner

GTO wrote:Welcome to this forum Afterburner.
Thanks! I searched with no success for some place for presentation , i hope this isn't against the rules.

Roland Ehnström

Thank you Spencifer_Murphy, I appreciate it, although there was actually no misunderstanding as such. I understood what you meant, just wanted to make sure everyone else understood what I meant. I just used your quote to highlight my own point.

GTO

I read that the exhaust pipe length was modified to meet regulations, however in this first pic from recent Bahrain test, the exhaust pipe looks unchanged from car launch photo in second pic. except for minor change of bodywork added around it.
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/118583.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/200 ... m-0030.jpg
Did they just close up the bodywork hole around the exhaust pipe to meet regs.?

timbo
timbo

GTO wrote:I read that the exhaust pipe length was modified to meet regulations, however in this first pic from recent Bahrain test, the exhaust pipe looks unchanged from car launch photo in second pic. except for minor change of bodywork added around it.
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/118583.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/200 ... m-0030.jpg
Did they just close up the bodywork hole around the exhaust pipe to meet regs.?
Noticed that too. IMO Massa used the same engine that he used in Mugello for reliability testing, hence the same exhausts.

Afterburner

http://translate.google.pt/translate?pr ... ry_state0=

It seems Ferrari has already copied and tested Williams and Toyota solutions, it's not a surprise but for sure that's and indication that on Melbourne we'll see some surprises because teams are trying to find the best way to take.

timbo
timbo

New rear design for Ferrari

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

You beat me to posting that image 'timbo'...

The new exhaust outlet/cover is similar to that of the McLarens.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

New shorter 'old school' engine cover as well.

Belatti
Belatti

A complete re-thinking after exhaust issue.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Shaddock

It seems to have grown in girth as well. A lot less cut away than the launch spec.

Kester
Kester

The angle the second shot is taken at doesn't help with it looking much wider.

Henning
Henning

It appears that the exhaust pipes are the same length, but in the later photo they are completely enclosed by bodywork to their ends. This will also make the car look more bloated.

axle
axle

If you look at the distance from the exhaust tips to the edge of the sidepod I think that confirms it's fatter yet smoother that it was before.
- Axle