[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rogazilla
rogazilla

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

I may be a bit harsh on Perez. He is a decent driver but think for a second if RP didn't have W10 this year would Checo be in the conversation right now? I do agree with others that Russel is the one to get proven by his ability to take the william's car into Q2 and be able to compete in the W11 given the opportunities. Knowing that Toto won't let him go, what would RB do? I just don't see Checo at the same level as Danny Ric, I am sorry. Therefore beyond having a more experienced driver, I really don't see the benefit of Checo at RB. Of course, like I said, I wouldn't mind to bring Checo in just to proof or disproof my opinion at this point.

El Scorchio

etusch wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 16:12
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:58
lio007 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:37

Never, never, never ever would Wolff Russel let go to RB.
Exactly. There's no point in even entertaining the idea. Not sure Max would really want Russell as a team mate anyway.
I think Russel also must play his hand. Ask merc to hire him . İf not then go redbull. In this case if they really want him, he can drive at where he deserve, mercedes seat. If they stuck Bottas then he can drive at another seat he deserve. Redbull. Of cource we cannot find good car for every talent. And there are talents. As Sains said it is a shame fia must realise.
He doesn't need to play any hand. It's clearly a done deal he's in the car by 2022 at the latest. He's now just rubber stamped this by confirming to Mercedes he's a race winner, and also with his mature reaction to and handling of the huge adversity the race threw at him.

All he needs to do is wait a year at the most to get the best seat at the table. Why on earth would he jeopardise his Mercedes drive by being impatient and threatening them with going to Red Bull instead? It would be one of the dumbest driver decisions in history.

Wouter

lio007 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:11
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 13:54

Never gonna happen. Russell is all but sitting in a Mercedes for 2022 at this point. He'd be a total idiot to be impatient enough to spurn that opportunity. It's clear the team were gushing about him as well. He's one they're not going to let get away.

I'd love to see Perez in the other Red Bull. He really deserves it. Would be very disappointed if they stuck with Albon. Nice kid but his results are just nowhere near good enough. 8th in the championship in a Red Bull, with only two podiums. To only finish 6th yesterday with all the drama surrounding other teams and drivers, with both Mercs, Verstappen and Leclerc out of the running? Very, very poor.

But it'll be Albon or Hulkenberg. I don't think Max wants the legit threat of Perez.
If Russell does jump to RB, it has some echoes of Perez wasting a Ferrari opportunity to join a sinking McLaren.
Unless of course the 2022 car of RB will be stellar, and the one of MB will be a box. Things can change, there's always a bit of guessing and hoping for the best involved.
Never, never, never ever would Wolff let Russel go to RB.
Wolff has nothing to say about that. Russell is under contract with Williams. Williams could let him go when RB pays enough money.
Toto wanted Russell in the Mercedes for 2021 and Williams said NO. So Wolff has nothing to say about Russell, Williams decides what happens to Russell.
The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 17:41
lio007 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

If Russell does jump to RB, it has some echoes of Perez wasting a Ferrari opportunity to join a sinking McLaren.
Unless of course the 2022 car of RB will be stellar, and the one of MB will be a box. Things can change, there's always a bit of guessing and hoping for the best involved.
Wolff has nothing to say about that. Russell is under contract with Williams. Williams could let him go when RB pays enough money.
Toto wanted Russell in the Mercedes for 2021 and Williams said NO. So Wolff has nothing to say about Russell, Williams decides what happens to Russell.
Mercedes have a contract with George, there's no way he has no ties with Mercedes.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

tangodjango
tangodjango

Wouter wrote:
lio007 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

Do you have any idea about contractual law?
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

etusch

El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 16:52
etusch wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:58

Exactly. There's no point in even entertaining the idea. Not sure Max would really want Russell as a team mate anyway.
I think Russel also must play his hand. Ask merc to hire him . İf not then go redbull. In this case if they really want him, he can drive at where he deserve, mercedes seat. If they stuck Bottas then he can drive at another seat he deserve. Redbull. Of cource we cannot find good car for every talent. And there are talents. As Sains said it is a shame fia must realise.
He doesn't need to play any hand. It's clearly a done deal he's in the car by 2022 at the latest. He's now just rubber stamped this by confirming to Mercedes he's a race winner, and also with his mature reaction to and handling of the huge adversity the race threw at him.

All he needs to do is wait a year at the most to get the best seat at the table. Why on earth would he jeopardise his Mercedes drive by being impatient and threatening them with going to Red Bull instead? It would be one of the dumbest driver decisions in history.
He has to drive for Redbull next year even if he has deal for 2022 if he could not for 2021
for merc . This is not bad for Mercedes too and of course good for everyone including race fans. Who know if Mercedes still be best in 2022. it is also a risk for him. but 2021 is almost guarantie mercedes as best team

Redbull is interested with Russell
According to the news of the German RTL, Red Bull is interested in George Russell, who has an agreement with Williams for 2021.
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... n=widget-1

El Scorchio

etusch wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 19:48
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 16:52
etusch wrote:

He has to drive for Redbull next year even if he has deal for 2022 if he could not for 2021
for merc . This is not bad for Mercedes too and of course good for everyone including race fans. Who know if Mercedes still be best in 2022. it is also a risk for him. but 2021 is almost guarantie mercedes as best team

Redbull is interested with Russell
According to the news of the German RTL, Red Bull is interested in George Russell, who has an agreement with Williams for 2021.
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... n=widget-1
Red Bull can be interested all they want. I'm sure every team is interested in him!

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Why go somewhere when there is no guarantee they’ll even have a competitive engine?

RedBull is in a jam on hiring a real serious talent, like George, or retaining Max, until they get that story line straightened out and show some results.

Wouter

tangodjango wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 18:35
Wouter wrote:
Do you have any idea about contractual law?
Yes, I have. I am talking about 2021, the year that Russell is under contract with Williams.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 18:30
Wouter wrote:
Mercedes have a contract with George, there's no way he has no ties with Mercedes.
Yes, I know. Russell joined Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport as a part of their junior driver programme.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

who is Russels manager BTW anyone know. I did Google it but it seems unsure. is it Toto?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 21:18
who is Russels manager BTW anyone know. I did Google it but it seems unsure. is it Toto?
I read this this morning. I will translate it for you.

In the end, Mercedes logically chose their own junior driver Russell.
Despite his height, the Williams driver (under Wolff management) seemed to have hardly any adjustment problems and finished both the first and second free practice as fastest.
https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/toto- ... r/4923052/
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 22:00
Big Tea wrote:
I read this this morning. I will translate it for you.

In the end, Mercedes logically chose their own junior driver Russell.
Despite his height, the Williams driver (under Wolff management) seemed to have hardly any adjustment problems and finished both the first and second free practice as fastest.
https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/toto- ... r/4923052/
Thanks. I saw similar things but was not sure if it refers to Toto managing the team or his 'personal' manager.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

If the RB16 had rear instability issues, won't it be worse next year when they cut rear downforce? Will they spend half of next year bolting on more rear downforce to compensate? Are they going to trim the front end to compensate? How does Honda fit into the equation, the Honda boss says there's room for improvement for all 4 Honda powered cars from both a chassis and PU perspective. Does that mean that the new Honda PU opens up more opportunity for engine covers and things like that?

I know they can't make big changes next year, so I'm curious to see how RB go about fixing their issues for next year. I'm almost willing to bet that next year's car will be net faster overall. Any downforce lost is covered by the new engine and the chassis potential it opens up. Again Mercedes is still the favorites, I just pray their gains are more modest for next year.
Saishū kōnā

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Big Tea wrote:
Its Toto, people in here casually saying Russel should join RB while overlooking that fact :lol: