2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 23:46
I wouldn't waste your time with this one. In any case, Jaisonas is correct, Honda had more upgrades to bring which they weren't allowed to due to Covid spreading quickly through the European countries more than Japan. And Mercedes has admitted themselves that their car and engine was not ready in Australia, and that the first race being in Austria months later helped them with extra time. The engine mode ban actually helped Honda address one of their weakest areas - software and ERS management. This year there is an opportunity to bring an in-season update to some components, and Honda can continue to develop right up to the end of 2021 for Red Bull to use in 2022.
Do you know the development programs for Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault if there was no pandemic? How did you decide the Honda updates were better?
I find it obscene to speculate on this.

It's funny that Mercedes eliminated all its problems and brought RB 0.5 seconds in the very first qualification. in a few months after the tests, they made unrealistic leaps in performance. The question arises, did Mercedes have any problems? Or they just talked about them.

etusch

_cerber1 wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 08:39

2015, Arai was confident that by the end of the season, Honda would allow McLaren to fight Mercedes./ The engine power gap was enormous.

2017, Hasegawa was confident that with the new engine, they completely closed the gap with Mercedes./ During the season, they were unable to close the gap.

2020, in Honda believed that they completely eliminated the gap with Mercedes and will be able to fight for the title./ At the Hungarian Grand Prix, Tanabe admitted that the gap with Mercedes is still significant.

As you can see, Honda's caution is a myth, they made statements more than once and were sure of something, but they did not find further confirmation of this.
I don't remember good that 2015 times but if I am not wrong Honda was not happy about news that tell how powerfull their engine is..

I remember that Hasegawa san was talking about that they achieved 2016 mercedes level at single cylinder development work at 2017. but when they built engine as 6 cyclinder, there were some issues. He said; the more they improve efficiency of ice, the more they loss ers power. After they addressed some of issues 2017 Honda engine was realy good and were giving what claimed as performance. As everyone knows it was not issue free. And that engine was good at back of that bad mclaren car which claimed one of best chassis out there. This part must be considered well about that engine's performance to reach a good and fair point.
After that time, always they talked how they developed but they said that everything is depend on how much performance rivals will bring.

In a debate man can make some claims to make himself right but I think, a sincer approach to this subject can easiliy make you wrong in this case.
Last edited by etusch on 12 Feb 2021, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

_cerber1 wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 08:39
Wouter wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 21:24
_cerber1 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 21:04
My post was addressed to Wouter, who lied about how Honda is very careful in what he says, because this is not at all the case, there are tons of examples since 2015.
Excuse me?! Could you explain youself?

You assert
Wouter wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 18:12
This is very good news for SAT and RBR! Honda would never have proposed an engine freeze if they weren't 100% convinced that their 2022 engine can beat Mercedes. Honda is always very careful, so assume that this is okay.
2015, Arai was confident that by the end of the season, Honda would allow McLaren to fight Mercedes./ The engine power gap was enormous.

2017, Hasegawa was confident that with the new engine, they completely closed the gap with Mercedes./ During the season, they were unable to close the gap.

2020, in Honda believed that they completely eliminated the gap with Mercedes and will be able to fight for the title./ At the Hungarian Grand Prix, Tanabe admitted that the gap with Mercedes is still significant.

As you can see, Honda's caution is a myth, they made statements more than once and were sure of something, but they did not find further confirmation of this.
Well @_cerber1, this is not an answer to my question.

You accused me of being a liar when I said that Honda is always very careful.
What is lied about that? Do you actually know the meaning of careful?

So again .... Why are you accusing me of being a liar?
I am waiting for your examples showing that Honda is not careful!
The Power of Dreams!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

No point going back to 2015, the Honda engine is now a proven race winner, the first to win races with 2 different teams in the turbo hybrid era. Honda know what they’re doing, Red Bull know what they’re doing. They have to go into every season believing they can win, that’s the level they’re on. In F1 over the years, a lot of people have made a lot of bold statements and promises and failed to deliver, McLaren have, Renault have, Ferrari have etc. I sincerely hope Red Bull can give Mercedes their toughest fight yet and pull an upset. I respect and admire what Mercedes have done, but 7 years is a long time for only one team winning. It’s not going to be easy, but I think it’s very possible.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 11:20
Well @_cerber1, this is not an answer to my question.

You accused me of being a liar when I said that Honda is always very careful.
What is lied about that? Do you actually know the meaning of careful?

So again .... Why are you accusing me of being a liar?
I am waiting for your examples showing that Honda is not careful!
They acted not carefully when hastily returned to Formula 1, underestimating the complexity of the new regulations on motors.

Choosing the concept of "size zero" also tells us about a poorly thought out and not careful step.

Those statements of the leaders of Honda, which are given above, I also consider not careful, because they did not correspond to reality.

nzjrs

I remember cerber from the old McLaren Honda days and I've no interest of having a size zero "blame" conversation with him. Let's just say like Honda and Mcl have gone separate ways, it is also good that some fans have gone separate ways.

Also, it is not really cool to accuse Wouter of being a liar and then not apologise when called out on it.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Curtesy of an obscene advantage cruising at the front will no longer be. This year we shall witness Racing at the front. That, I promise, is an absolute, nailed on Guarantee. RedBull and the Mercedes car are now, to a little, identically equipped.

Sieper

nzjrs wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 13:04
I remember cerber from the old McLaren Honda days and I've no interest of having a size zero "blame" conversation with him. Let's just say like Honda and Mcl have gone separate ways, it is also good that some fans have gone separate ways.

Also, it is not really cool to accuse Wouter of being a liar and then not apologise when called out on it.
This. =D> I couldn’t agree more.

godlameroso

Slo Poke wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 13:22
Curtesy of an obscene advantage cruising at the front will no longer be. This year we shall witness Racing at the front. That, I promise, is an absolute, nailed on Guarantee. RedBull and the Mercedes car are now, to a little, identically equipped.
Well they'll be closer than 2020. Mercedes is about a year ahead in terms of engine development. Mercedes lost a very good aero guy, and some engine guys moved to Renault. Would this have affected their development going in 2021.

Honda is making a nice improvement to the engine, the aero guys have continuity and mastered the cape last year. I'm sure there were lots of parts of the car that could have been done better given the current understanding.

I can't see Mercedes extending its advantage, just can't see it happening, but I was wrong last season as well. The .2 deficit I predicted only materialized towards the end of the season.

We'll know in 3 weeks.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Max and his girlfriend today at the circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. They arrived there Wednesday.
Kelly's response: 🤢 🤢 🤢 A littlebit too fast? 🤣

Last edited by Wouter on 12 Feb 2021, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

nzjrs wrote:

Thank you @nzjrs, I couldn't agree more.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 13:25
nzjrs wrote:

This. =D> I couldn’t agree more.
Thank you too @Sieper.
The Power of Dreams!

the EDGE
the EDGE

😂 she’s talking about the car... right?

Wouter wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 15:49

Wouter

the EDGE wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 17:25

Wouter wrote:

😂 😂 😂

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

the EDGE wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 17:25

Wouter wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

even if it is first it is 50th first :lol: :lol:
Last edited by etusch on 12 Feb 2021, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.