2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 15:23
Slo Poke wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 13:22
Curtesy of an obscene advantage cruising at the front will no longer be. This year we shall witness Racing at the front. That, I promise, is an absolute, nailed on Guarantee. RedBull and the Mercedes car are now, to a little, identically equipped.
Well they'll be closer than 2020. Mercedes is about a year ahead in terms of engine development. Mercedes lost a very good aero guy, and some engine guys moved to Renault. Would this have affected their development going in 2021.

Honda is making a nice improvement to the engine, the aero guys have continuity and mastered the cape last year. I'm sure there were lots of parts of the car that could have been done better given the current understanding.

I can't see Mercedes extending its advantage, just can't see it happening, but I was wrong last season as well. The .2 deficit I predicted only materialized towards the end of the season.

We'll know in 3 weeks.
Can you say where this aero guy ended up?

godlameroso

lio007 wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 19:03
godlameroso wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:
Curtesy of an obscene advantage cruising at the front will no longer be. This year we shall witness Racing at the front. That, I promise, is an absolute, nailed on Guarantee. RedBull and the Mercedes car are now, to a little, identically equipped.
Well they'll be closer than 2020. Mercedes is about a year ahead in terms of engine development. Mercedes lost a very good aero guy, and some engine guys moved to Renault. Would this have affected their development going in 2021.

Honda is making a nice improvement to the engine, the aero guys have continuity and mastered the cape last year. I'm sure there were lots of parts of the car that could have been done better given the current understanding.

I can't see Mercedes extending its advantage, just can't see it happening, but I was wrong last season as well. The .2 deficit I predicted only materialized towards the end of the season.

We'll know in 3 weeks.
Can you say where this aero guy ended up?
He became an independent consultant.

You may have seen his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kyleengineers
Saishū kōnā

lio007

Red Bull Powertrains is comming:
Original interview: https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... -entsteht/
Racefans' english version: https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/12/fir ... s-in-2025/

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Wouter wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 15:49
Max and his girlfriend today at the circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. They arrived there Wednesday.
Kelly's response: 🤢 🤢 🤢 A littlebit too fast? 🤣

https://i.imgur.com/GfDHQ9f.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMifvMs8Pt/
How is this possible? She should be used to being a passenger of a racing car, since her dad, brothers and ex-boyfriend were ALL racing drivers..

Sieper

Probably some time ago she went out as a passenger with any of them on a race track.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

NL_Fer wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 19:57
Wouter wrote:
Max and his girlfriend today at the circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. They arrived there Wednesday.

How is this possible? She should be used to being a passenger of a racing car, since her dad, brothers and ex-boyfriend were ALL racing drivers..
With all due respect to her family members (especially Nelsinho) and ex boyfriend, but probably none of them was quite as fast as Max :D
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

godlameroso

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 23:39
NL_Fer wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 19:57
Wouter wrote:

With all due respect to her family members (especially Nelsinho) and ex boyfriend, but probably none of them was quite as fast as Max :D
Can a passenger tell the difference between half a second of lap time?
Saishū kōnā

adrianjordan

godlameroso wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

We'll know in 3 weeks.
Mercedes may have lost some personnel, but one of their biggest strengths has been depth of quality staff such that even losing key personnel has less of an impact because they have others ready to take over that roll who are not far off being as good.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

12. February 2021 , 18:54 Uhr Marko admits, Verstappen could leave Red Bull

Red Bull is under pressure in 2021: Due to a performance clause in Max Verstappen’s contract, the team has to fear about losing its superstar

Red Bull is under pressure. Reason: The Austrian racing team has to provide a package of chassis and Honda engine to its saviour and superstar Max Verstappen (23) this season with which he can become world champion by his own means. F1-Insider.com has learned: There is a performance clause in the contract, which runs until 2023, that Red Bull must fulfill.

Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko (77) said to F1-Insider.com: “Yes, there is a performance clause. I don’t want to go into details, but it more or less says that Max can compete for race wins and the world championship on his own merits. If he can do that, his contract is extended. If not, he would be free.”

But what is the meaning of “by his own merits”? This website has learned that it is an average of about three tenths of a second per lap that Verstappen’s Red Bull must not be behind the best car. Everyone assumes that will be the Mercedes.
https://f1-insider.com/en/verstappen-re ... ct-clause/
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 12:09

Red Bull is under pressure in 2021: Due to a performance clause in Max Verstappen’s contract, the team has to fear about losing its superstar

Red Bull is under pressure. Reason: The Austrian racing team has to provide a package of chassis and Honda engine to its saviour and superstar Max Verstappen (23) this season with which he can become world champion by his own means. F1-Insider.com has learned: There is a performance clause in the contract, which runs until 2023, that Red Bull must fulfill.

Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko (77) said to F1-Insider.com: “Yes, there is a performance clause. I don’t want to go into details, but it more or less says that Max can compete for race wins and the world championship on his own merits. If he can do that, his contract is extended. If not, he would be free.”

But what is the meaning of “by his own merits”? This website has learned that it is an average of about three tenths of a second per lap that Verstappen’s Red Bull must not be behind the best car. Everyone assumes that will be the Mercedes.
In order for him to leave, he has to actually have somewhere better to go. Don’t see a seat opening up at Mercedes or Ferrari any time soon, so Red Bull are safe.

the EDGE
the EDGE

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 12:46
Wouter wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 12:09

In order for him to leave, he has to actually have somewhere better to go. Don’t see a seat opening up at Mercedes or Ferrari any time soon, so Red Bull are safe.
Both Merc seats are for grabs next year as neither driver has a contract

Max is definitely hot property, and although I think Russel will replace Bottas, nothing is impossible here, and if Lewis wins & decides 8 titles is enough, and wants to get on with his life a Max/George line-up would be of world-class standing so I wouldn’t rule it out

El Scorchio

the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 12:53
El Scorchio wrote:

Max is definitely hot property, and although I think Russel will replace Bottas, nothing is impossible here, and if Lewis wins & decides 8 titles is enough, and wants to get on with his life a Max/George line-up would be of world-class standing so I wouldn’t rule it out
You can never rule it out, and I really don’t want to start talking about Mercedes here but I’d be very surprised if it’s not two of Hamilton, Russell and Bottas (yes, Bottas) in 2022.

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 14:50
the EDGE wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

You can never rule it out, and I really don’t want to start talking about Mercedes here but I’d be very surprised if it’s not two of Hamilton, Russell and Bottas (yes, Bottas) in 2022.
I also think there would only be one place for him to go = AM.

I really can not see him going to Merc, or rather Merc having him, so that leaves Ferrari, who seem to be committing to a new young lineup, unless there is too much friction between drivers.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Big Tea wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:32
El Scorchio wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

I really can not see him going to Merc, or rather Merc having him, so that leaves Ferrari, who seem to be committing to a new young lineup, unless there is too much friction between drivers.
Maybe if they start to build their own cars, but there’s no way Max will sign for a customer team driving kit-cars

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:55
Big Tea wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:32
El Scorchio wrote:

Maybe if they start to build their own cars, but there’s no way Max will sign for a customer team driving kit-cars
Even if it is regularly finishing infront of him? And of course if he did not see eye to eye with Helmut on something 'important'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.