2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

JordanMugen

haza wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 17:18
McG wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 17:09
Holm86 wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 15:38

It's not the fact that it's almost identical to last years livery, I just simply think its a boring design, nothing going on at all. The 2019 was better IMO, with the blue rear end, and the triangles.
https://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp- ... 019_3Q.jpg

But of course it's just personal preference
I don't really get your rationale for disliking the livery SO much you would actually come on a forum on the McLaren section and say it's boring, especially when it's extremely similar to one you just said you like.

https://ibb.co/Jns2Bqf
https://ibb.co/CvX1y2n

As an aside, getting rid of the triangles has freed up some more potential sponsor space and makes the design flow more.
👆🏼I second this no need for drastic livery changes colours don’t make a car fast simple
The colours were never going to change, just the design. This design while somewhat messy and unusual compared to the rest of the grid, allows the sponsors to be laid out in lots of different areas over the car in McLaren's unique "patchwork quilt" sponsorship approach.

I am not completely sold on the blue section of the nose where this week's BAT sponsor -- in this case Velo at Silverstone -- will be crammed into and not really fit. But it is all rather a unique, and instantly recognisable look.

Macklaren
Macklaren

_cerber1 wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 19:40
this stitch-up effort like is a bootleg Unboxed video =D>

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Does anyone know by any chance the Pantone Codes for the Mclaren Colors, if I’m not wrong the Orange is #FF8700, but can’t find a reference for the blue :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

SmallSoldier wrote:Does anyone know by any chance the Pantone Codes for the Mclaren Colors, if I’m not wrong the Orange is #FF8700, but can’t find a reference for the blue :(

No idea if anyone would be interested, but the following are the Pantones for the Orange and Blue colors of the MCL35M:

Orange is Pantone 1375
Blue is Pantone 293c

diffuser

McG wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 17:09
Holm86 wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 15:38
Ground Effect wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 09:20

I wonder what you thought about the Marlboro years, with an almost identical livery every year.
It's not the fact that it's almost identical to last years livery, I just simply think its a boring design, nothing going on at all. The 2019 was better IMO, with the blue rear end, and the triangles.
https://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp- ... 019_3Q.jpg

But of course it's just personal preference
I don't really get your rationale for disliking the livery SO much you would actually come on a forum on the McLaren section and say it's boring, especially when it's extremely similar to one you just said you like.

https://ibb.co/Jns2Bqf
https://ibb.co/CvX1y2n

As an aside, getting rid of the triangles has freed up some more potential sponsor space and makes the design flow more.
It's a personal thing. I like it. He's allowed to have bad taste :mrgreen:

JordanMugen

_cerber1 wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 21:01
https://ibb.co/MCrFL96
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuXsF0qXUAM ... name=large

The livery looks much cleaner with the British American Tobacco areas blank! Albeit this will, of course, not be possible during the season for obvious reasons. :lol:

Mclarensenna

I have a very good feeling about this new car and just a guess but i am 70% confident (speculating sure) this car could be very quick, behind mercedes off course but not far off and closed the gap to the redbull for the following reasons. As it seems Redbull is the realistic target in my view as Merc of course will be out of reach still due to the massive advantage they already built up.

1. Mclaren have switched to the long wheelbase design of the Merc which we saw how well it worked for racing point over the shorter wheelbase higher rake setup.
2. The Mercedes engine should give them a nice boost in power which means they can stack on more wing and downforce over the previous years making the car even faster in cornering/braking, balance even hopefully.
3. The budget cap kicked in Jan 1st already so Redbull who would be throwing at this point way more money and upgrades than budget teams will be hampered. Redbull usually rocks up with a simpler design in testing then start stacking on more and more parts with bigger and more frequent upgrades than the lower budget teams come the very first race even. Also including they limiting dyno runs as well since Jan 1st. This year Redbull will be hampered significantly for the first time in a decade on how they operate come the first of January till the season starts which will play into the hands of the lower budget teams like Mclaren.

Not long to go now.
Time will tell!
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Some comments from RIC today and a few cool shots of the car on track.

JRindt

SmallSoldier wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 08:27

Did anyone catch a distinct whining sound at 2:01 and 2:10? Is it just the wind or some thing else?

haza
haza

JRindt wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:56
SmallSoldier wrote:

Did anyone catch a distinct whining sound at 2:01 and 2:10? Is it just the wind or some thing else?
I’ve heard this sound before with last years racing point I think it maybe a transmission whine of some description

On a separate note my gut is telling me something is brewing at McLaren the way they’ve been so secretive blacking out details with the floor barge boards etc, I have a feeling that they could give red bull a head ache at times this year I predict a 3 way battle with McLaren, Aston and redbull for that p2 spot call me optimistic but I do believe something like this will happen

the EDGE
the EDGE

JRindt wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:56
SmallSoldier wrote:

Did someone step on a cat 🤣

Seriously, I have no idea what that noise is... some kind of sound reverberation? Sounds awesome what ever it is

the EDGE
the EDGE

haza wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 12:45

On a separate note my gut is telling me something is brewing at McLaren the way they’ve been so secretive blacking out details with the floor barge boards etc, I have a feeling that they could give red bull a head ache at times this year I predict a 3 way battle with McLaren, Aston and redbull for that p2 spot call me optimistic but I do believe something like this will happen
I hope your right, but I’m keeping myself grounded. Sadly I don’t think they’re hiding anything special, just plain regular aero work.

The changes this season are small in nature, but have a major impact on car performance

We know every team takes great interest in the others cars, despite the constant claims they don’t. Testing is still 3 weeks away, I’d expect every team to be doing the same at this stage

There’s nothing to be gained from handing your competitors perfect pictures of you cars performance parts this early in the game

billamend
billamend

haza wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 12:45
I agree and it goes back further. They have a weird mismatch of messaging regarding what they could do with the engine change, and all the messaging has been kinda weird. It feels like they are hiding something.

That or we’re just projecting, which is the most probable scenario.

BrunoH
BrunoH

i think they are trying not to get hopes high and expectation in an effort to take pressure in hope that the team will all perform better.