2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

FittingMechanics wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 20:14
Also worth noting is that Aston Martin had an issue with the turbo/bulge - - - Hopefully they iron it out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice 1

Jambier

CjC wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 21:58
FittingMechanics wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 20:14
Also worth noting is that Aston Martin had an issue with the turbo/bulge so it's possible Mercedes may not be bulletproof this season. Hopefully they iron it out, it would be bad to lose points due to reliability.

Sainz has some comments on Ferrari engine and references McLaren - I think we are in a good spot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwiS9wdXIAM ... ame=medium
I wonder if Sainz thinks his new Ferrari isn’t a fast as the Mclaren he left last season?
I think he doesn’t really care, him, Ferrari and others eyes are on 2022 already!

Almost everyone except RB and Mercedes that will push for title

mwillems

Interesting read here.

James Key is producing a recipe for how to copy their rear diffuser

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autosp ... 39081/amp/

😆😆
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

McFAN
McFAN

Quite an informative piece from
Gary Anderson
He seems to have mellowed slightly :wink:

GARY ANDERSON’S VERDICT ON EACH F1 TEAM’S TEST FORM
https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-and ... -test-form/

McFAN
McFAN

Another good article.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/how- ... 21/5740340/

There's certainly a buzz around McLaren this year
lets hope it's borne out in the results.

McG

Looking forward to around a few races in to see what is really happening. Always funny to see people trying to predict things from testing, very funny this year after only 3 days of testing. People never learn.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

mwillems

McG wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 05:14
Looking forward to around a few races in to see what is really happening. Always funny to see people trying to predict things from testing, very funny this year after only 3 days of testing. People never learn.
Yeah, the optimism around this car has given so folks a real confidence to state the pecking order.

Every year we learn that testing doesn't really show us whats what, every year we forget.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Herr_Koos

The pecking order is impossible to predict accurately, sure. But there are certain things you can infer by looking at the cars on track, listening to the drivers and team personnel, and of course the analyst's opinions. As far as McLaren are concerned, a few things are clear from testing:
- The car was reliable, with no break-downs on track and no behind-screens activity in the garage.
- It appears well balanced and easy to drive, given that there were no off-track excursions
- The team are cautiously optimistic about their chances.
Anything more than that is pure speculation.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Rear limited Bahrain will also make the pecking order tricky, likely teams will be quite focused on those mini sectors.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: McLaren MCL35M

Mclaren will challenge RB this year.

The last year lap time for Q3 is 1.27. so, we have couple of seconds in hand. Will come to know in 10 days.

I love to see Mclaren in 2nd place or even challenging Mercedes. Their design of car is good with short time. James key and co did a good job.

waynes
waynes

really encouraging test. Great to see them with innovative ideas and hopefully they get some wins this year.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Personally I’ve never lost faith in McLaren, I’ve learnt to find happiness in the smallest of gains, and been content with fighting the cars around us. It’s what fans of any sport or team have to do through the dark times

If 1 thing can be taken from testing, it’s that McLaren look in good shape, the best shape they have for a long loooong time and that is what they, and every McLaren fan deserves after years of misery. So if people want to get carried away with the media hype, then that’s fine with me.

But I too know that testing means little, especially as said above, with such little running. Not even the teams really know where they stand at present,

You only have to look at Ferrari last year, who knew they were in trouble, but not just how much trouble it would turn out to be, or McLaren a decade ago, who barely turned a wheel in testing but qualified & finished 2 in Melbourne

One thing is certain this year however. What ever happens, I will be happy. If McLaren can continue to fight at the top of the midfield then that is progress from where they have been

If Mercedes can not find a solution (or don’t already have 1 tucked up their sleeves) and we can challenge them, then that would be amazing, but it doesn’t make McLaren any better, just 1st looser instead of 2nd looser

If other midfield contenders have found a little more than McLaren and we go back a little, then that’s the reality and I’ll have to accept that. I shall simply blame it on the lack of tokens :mrgreen: & wait for next year again, in the knowledge McLaren have themselves a very good team with some amazing players who just need a little more time before them trophies are our again 🏆

McFAN
McFAN

the EDGE wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:38
Personally I’ve never lost faith in McLaren, I’ve learnt to find happiness in the smallest of gains, and been content with fighting the cars around us. It’s what fans of any sport or team have to do through the dark times

If 1 thing can be taken from testing, it’s that McLaren look in good shape, the best shape they have for a long loooong time and that is what they, and every McLaren fan deserves after years of misery. So if people want to get carried away with the media hype, then that’s fine with me.

But I too know that testing means little, especially as said above, with such little running. Not even the teams really know where they stand at present,

You only have to look at Ferrari last year, who knew they were in trouble, but not just how much trouble it would turn out to be, or McLaren a decade ago, who barely turned a wheel in testing but qualified & finished 2 in Melbourne

One thing is certain this year however. What ever happens, I will be happy. If McLaren can continue to fight at the top of the midfield then that is progress from where they have been

If Mercedes can not find a solution (or don’t already have 1 tucked up their sleeves) and we can challenge them, then that would be amazing, but it doesn’t make McLaren any better, just 1st looser instead of 2nd looser

If other midfield contenders have found a little more than McLaren and we go back a little, then that’s the reality and I’ll have to accept that. I shall simply blame it on the lack of tokens :mrgreen: & wait for next year again, in the knowledge McLaren have themselves a very good team with some amazing players who just need a little more time before them trophies are our again 🏆
Couldn't have put it any better myself =D> =D>

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

the EDGE wrote:Personally I’ve never lost faith in McLaren, I’ve learnt to find happiness in the smallest of gains, and been content with fighting the cars around us. It’s what fans of any sport or team have to do through the dark times

If other midfield contenders have found a little more than McLaren and we go back a little, then that’s the reality and I’ll have to accept that. I shall simply blame it on the lack of tokens :mrgreen: & wait for next year again, in the knowledge McLaren have themselves a very good team with some amazing players who just need a little more time before them trophies are our again
Nicely said and sharing your sentiments completely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M840TR
M840TR