2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Blackout wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 12:00
Manoah2u wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 00:43
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
honestly, no.
Ha ha ha very funny...

The last pages here where already messed up with offtopic, do not mess it up further with silly posts. Thanks.
a better environment starts with thyself, goes a certain saying. thanks.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I must say Alpine does a good job of doing their promotions pretty exciting.
By far my favourite looking car for the 2021 grid, and I must say i'm very interested in this teams results,
obviously becase Alonso is there, i'm not even gonna sugarcoat that.

Would have preferred seeing Daniel and Fernando together. That would have made one ballsy and powerful team.

Still a shame we don't have a yellow car on the grid, but at the same time i wasn't the biggest fan of Renault's yellow-black livery. This looks absolutely amazing and i keep being amazed by it.
I might just be motivated to buy myself a scale model again after more than 8 years not buying one.
Matter of fact, i'd probably buy two: The Alpine, and the Aston. The latter i'm still doubting because i resent the pink colour, so i might just wait a year hoping for a neon stripe instead of pink.

Either way - Alpine by far is looking fantastic. Not only their car: their merchandise and promotional material too.
Thoroughly impressed.

That said,

has Davide Brivio made any comment yet? i might have been completely missing it, but i feel there's a huge silence there?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Alpine aka Renaul seems underdog for 2021. They are not showed full power in testing. RB/AT/Mclaren are went for glory ran however Alpine concentrated on own work. We will come to know clear picture in P3 or Q1. Thanks.

sn809
sn809

JordanMugen wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 16:57
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 14:26
This complete biased bs as the post 2013 Mercedes cars have been some of the most dominant F1 cars in history.
No, the point was that Hamilton was never defeated so comprehensively by any teammate (not by Alonso, not by Button, not by Rosberg) the way Vettel was defeated by Ricciardo. This shows Hamilton to be more Prost or Senna like than Vettel. Prost and Senna, like Hamilton, were never comprehensively defeated by any teammate.

The same for Alonso, Alonso was never defeated the way Vettel was defeated, not by any of Alonso's teammates. This could be a reason why Alpine preferred Alonso to Vettel.

There is no question, Hamilton's titles were collected in a dominant car. :)

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 14:26
But anyways. I know it's wasted time, arguing with someone who claims 2016-2020 Bottas being on par with prime Alonso. :roll:
:?: :?: :?:
Are you trying to be funny/sarcastic.
Hamilton was all over Alonso in their first season together.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Dear subscribers, it is a Alpine Thread. Please only talk about the Alpine Team and its drivers. Please ignore off topics please......

GoranF1
GoranF1

Expects fights whit Mclaren and AM..

https://amp.marca.com/motor/formula1/20 ... ssion=true
Last edited by GoranF1 on 23 Mar 2021, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 15:57
By far my favourite looking car for the 2021 grid, and I must say i'm very interested in this teams results,

Would have preferred seeing Daniel and Fernando together. That would have made one ballsy and powerful team.

Still a shame we don't have a yellow car on the grid, but at the same time i wasn't the biggest fan of Renault's yellow-black livery. This looks absolutely amazing and i keep being amazed by it.
I might just be motivated to buy myself a scale model again after more than 8 years not buying one.
Matter of fact, i'd probably buy two: The Alpine, and the Aston. The latter i'm still doubting because i resent the pink colour, so i might just wait a year hoping for a neon stripe instead of pink.

Either way - Alpine by far is looking fantastic. Not only their car: their merchandise and promotional material too.
Thoroughly impressed.

That said,

has Davide Brivio made any comment yet? i might have been completely missing it, but i feel there's a huge silence there?
Brivio has been commenting a lot about how he likes the driver dynamic of young vs experience and how Alonso has energised the team and got them motivated again. This new one from AMuS is a good read, you can feel Luca’s passion. :)
Translation:
F1 plans from Renault Boss Luca De Meo: Alonso is the Alpine Godfather
Renault's Formula 1 project was briefly on the brink. The new President Luca de Meo saved it and continues to run it under the Alpine brand. The Italian explains why the focus of the sports program is on Formula 1 and why Fernando Alonso is so important for it.

The 2020 season was Renault's 44th year in Formula 1. It would have been the last by a hair. The new President Luca de Meo reveals that when he took office in the group there were strong tendencies to stop the expensive Formula 1 commitment in financially difficult times and to let the Alpine sports brand fall asleep. De Meo refused: "I didn't want to be the man who buried 44 years of Formula 1 history."

The 53-year-old manager didn't make the decision because he has a weakness for sport. For De Meo, there had to be a business model behind it. There were three arguments in favor of remaining in the premier league: "The marketing value is priceless if you are not at the bottom of the field. If we wanted to get the same attention for our brand through classic advertising, we would have to invest hundreds of millions of euros."

On top of that. Anyone who asserts themselves in Formula 1 conveys credibility. For a sports car manufacturer like Alpine, this is an important component in the endeavor to sell the brand as "the coolest thing in our house". According to de Meo, Alpine not only stands for nostalgia, but also for future-oriented technology.

For example, the Italian can imagine a sports car with an electric drive that also arouses emotions. "With all modesty, I see Alpine as a combination of a mini Ferrari and a mini Tesla." Hence the name change in Formula 1. "Renault has been a globally established brand for 120 years. We don't have to make it known. But we can sharpen its image through Alpine. It is our avant-garde."

Alpine focus is on Formula 1

With Alpine, Renault has not only revived a racing team, but also a historic brand, a technology platform and a factory. "I want to create something with Alpine that creates value for the Renault core brand," is how de Meo explains his campaign. The former Audi manager is not doing this for the first time. "I pulled it off at Fiat with Abarth and at Audi with Audi Sport."

According to his ideas, Alpine should be self-sustaining as early as 2025, which will also finance its involvement in Formula 1. The budget cap and the cost-cutting measures in the top category of motorsport provide assistance with the ambitious goal of cost neutrality.

De Meo demands a difficult balancing act from the Formula 1 management: "The budget cap was only the first step towards reducing costs. More must follow. At the same time, Formula 1 must remain the place for innovations, a carrier for environmentally friendly technologies. We need a balance between the two. "

De Meo also makes it clear that the focus of the Group's motorsport program is on Formula 1 because it is the most popular showcase for the world. Formula E is covered by Nissan. All other activities such as Le Mans or the rally will remain customer assignments. Alpine should only give technical assistance.

No rest thanks to Alonso

The newly established program needed new people with fresh ideas at the top. That is why Laurent Rossi, Davide Brivio and Marcin Budkowski now share responsibilities in Viry-Chatillon, in Enstone and at the racetrack. The classic team boss no longer exists.

Renault's new CEO avoids clearly stating season goals: "I expect us to improve every year. We cannot assume that we will win immediately or dominate the series. Our big challenge begins with the 2022 season, when everything is zeroed becomes."

That doesn't mean that Alpine will write off the transition season in 2021. "We can't do that to our drivers. Fernando wouldn't be happy if we just let this season go like this. He always wants to win. And as a young driver, Esteban doesn't want to waste any more time. It's our duty to offer them good service . "

Keyword Fernando Alonso. For de Meo, the Spaniard is practically the catalyst to make his plan a success. "I asked him to help us become a top team again. His role is different today than it was 15 years ago. His experience, talent and ambition should help us grow. He is basically our godfather. Our job is to give him the best possible car. "

The new team management around Laurent Rossi was impressed by Alonso's performance during the test drives. The two-time world champion convinced the engineers with precise feedback: "It took Fernando ten laps to get to the limit. Then he got out of the car and told us: It doesn't work, it has to get better. He came back as if he were never been away. You can't rest for a second on the team with him. Enough isn't enough for him. "
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... e-f1-team/

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

RedNEO wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 12:29
Manoah2u wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 15:57

Thoroughly impressed.

That said,

Brivio has been commenting a lot about how he likes the driver dynamic of young vs experience and how Alonso has energised the team and got them motivated again. This new one from AMuS is a good read, you can feel Luca’s passion. :)
Translation:
F1 plans from Renault Boss Luca De Meo: Alonso is the Alpine Godfather
Renault's Formula 1 project was briefly on the brink. The new President Luca de Meo saved it and continues to run it under the Alpine brand. The Italian explains why the focus of the sports program is on Formula 1 and why Fernando Alonso is so important for it.

The 2020 season was Renault's 44th year in Formula 1. It would have been the last by a hair. The new President Luca de Meo reveals that when he took office in the group there were strong tendencies to stop the expensive Formula 1 commitment in financially difficult times and to let the Alpine sports brand fall asleep. De Meo refused: "I didn't want to be the man who buried 44 years of Formula 1 history."

The 53-year-old manager didn't make the decision because he has a weakness for sport. For De Meo, there had to be a business model behind it. There were three arguments in favor of remaining in the premier league: "The marketing value is priceless if you are not at the bottom of the field. If we wanted to get the same attention for our brand through classic advertising, we would have to invest hundreds of millions of euros."

On top of that. Anyone who asserts themselves in Formula 1 conveys credibility. For a sports car manufacturer like Alpine, this is an important component in the endeavor to sell the brand as "the coolest thing in our house". According to de Meo, Alpine not only stands for nostalgia, but also for future-oriented technology.

For example, the Italian can imagine a sports car with an electric drive that also arouses emotions. "With all modesty, I see Alpine as a combination of a mini Ferrari and a mini Tesla." Hence the name change in Formula 1. "Renault has been a globally established brand for 120 years. We don't have to make it known. But we can sharpen its image through Alpine. It is our avant-garde."

Alpine focus is on Formula 1

With Alpine, Renault has not only revived a racing team, but also a historic brand, a technology platform and a factory. "I want to create something with Alpine that creates value for the Renault core brand," is how de Meo explains his campaign. The former Audi manager is not doing this for the first time. "I pulled it off at Fiat with Abarth and at Audi with Audi Sport."

According to his ideas, Alpine should be self-sustaining as early as 2025, which will also finance its involvement in Formula 1. The budget cap and the cost-cutting measures in the top category of motorsport provide assistance with the ambitious goal of cost neutrality.

De Meo demands a difficult balancing act from the Formula 1 management: "The budget cap was only the first step towards reducing costs. More must follow. At the same time, Formula 1 must remain the place for innovations, a carrier for environmentally friendly technologies. We need a balance between the two. "

De Meo also makes it clear that the focus of the Group's motorsport program is on Formula 1 because it is the most popular showcase for the world. Formula E is covered by Nissan. All other activities such as Le Mans or the rally will remain customer assignments. Alpine should only give technical assistance.

No rest thanks to Alonso

The newly established program needed new people with fresh ideas at the top. That is why Laurent Rossi, Davide Brivio and Marcin Budkowski now share responsibilities in Viry-Chatillon, in Enstone and at the racetrack. The classic team boss no longer exists.

Renault's new CEO avoids clearly stating season goals: "I expect us to improve every year. We cannot assume that we will win immediately or dominate the series. Our big challenge begins with the 2022 season, when everything is zeroed becomes."

That doesn't mean that Alpine will write off the transition season in 2021. "We can't do that to our drivers. Fernando wouldn't be happy if we just let this season go like this. He always wants to win. And as a young driver, Esteban doesn't want to waste any more time. It's our duty to offer them good service . "

Keyword Fernando Alonso. For de Meo, the Spaniard is practically the catalyst to make his plan a success. "I asked him to help us become a top team again. His role is different today than it was 15 years ago. His experience, talent and ambition should help us grow. He is basically our godfather. Our job is to give him the best possible car. "

The new team management around Laurent Rossi was impressed by Alonso's performance during the test drives. The two-time world champion convinced the engineers with precise feedback: "It took Fernando ten laps to get to the limit. Then he got out of the car and told us: It doesn't work, it has to get better. He came back as if he were never been away. You can't rest for a second on the team with him. Enough isn't enough for him. "
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... e-f1-team/
Thanks man!

radosav
radosav

Crucial words by Alonso: It doesn't work, it has to get better.🤷🤦

RedNEO

radosav wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:39
I don’t know if you’re trying to be clever or funny but obviously that is not what he told the engineers. He gave precise feedback but that’s confidential and not something that will be divulged. :)
Last edited by RedNEO on 23 Mar 2021, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:33
Thanks man!
No problem :D

GoranF1
GoranF1

radosav wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:39
Again translation question marks... Other translation says; "THIS doesnt works needs improvment" as If specific part of the car, not whole car.

llevó 10 vueltas encontrar el límite del coche y luego se bajó y dijo "esto no funciona, esto tampoco"
Last edited by GoranF1 on 23 Mar 2021, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

After watching the drive to survive F1 on Netflix....

You clearly see that Abiteboul felt betrayed. At one point you see Abiteboul arriving and Riccardo is outside sitting at a table, I think it was a hospitality tent. Riccardo waves hello and Abiteboul completely ignores him. The look on Ricardo's face is priceless. The realization of his betrayal.... He feels bad.

etusch

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:33
He always wants to win. And as a young driver, Esteban doesn't want to waste any more time. It's our duty to offer them good service . "

I think these are worst words a team member or a manufacturer's principle can say. Because I never spent so much money to make a driver happy. This is not even in my book. I want to win, promote my brand or team/business and driver is the man I hired to complete stuff who will work to bring success to me my brand my team. So he has to be aware of it every single moment of his job. I never wanted to win lesser than a driver.

Zynerji

selvam_e2002 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 17:46
Alpine aka Renaul seems underdog for 2021. They are not showed full power in testing. RB/AT/Mclaren are went for glory ran however Alpine concentrated on own work. We will come to know clear picture in P3 or Q1. Thanks.
AT's "glory" run had 15 laps of fuel on board... That's not a glory run...🙄