2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

etusch wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 17:44
Manoah2u wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:33
He always wants to win. And as a young driver, Esteban doesn't want to waste any more time. It's our duty to offer them good service . "

I think these are worst words a team member or a manufacturer's principle can say. Because I never spent so much money to make a driver happy. This is not even in my book. I want to win, promote my brand or team/business and driver is the man I hired to complete stuff who will work to bring success to me my brand my team. So he has to be aware of it every single moment of his job. I never wanted to win lesser than a driver.

In my opinion, it's all propaganda. They're never gonna tell us the truth. Whatever they say has been pre-filtered through the communication CEO. Who has a triple PHD in making shiit smell like flowers!

Blackout

radosav wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:39
Crucial words by Alonso: It doesn't work, it has to get better.🤷🤦
De Meo means Alonso quickly identified what is less good in the car and didn't hesitate to tell the team about it. Another driver would have taken longer to identify it and would have been afraid to tell it. De Meo wants to emphasize Alonso's experience and accurate feedback + his personality and determination : )

diffuser

Blackout wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 00:23
radosav wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:39
Crucial words by Alonso: It doesn't work, it has to get better.🤷🤦
De Meo means Alonso quickly identified what is less good in the car and didn't hesitate to tell the team about it. Another driver would have taken longer to identify it and would have been afraid to tell it. De Meo wants to emphasize Alonso's experience and accurate feedback + his personality and determination : )
Can I get a copy of that tea leaves translator?

MKlaus
MKlaus

etusch wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 17:44
Manoah2u wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:33
He always wants to win. And as a young driver, Esteban doesn't want to waste any more time. It's our duty to offer them good service . "

I think these are worst words a team member or a manufacturer's principle can say. Because I never spent so much money to make a driver happy. This is not even in my book. I want to win, promote my brand or team/business and driver is the man I hired to complete stuff who will work to bring success to me my brand my team. So he has to be aware of it every single moment of his job. I never wanted to win lesser than a driver.
isn't that's what marko and horner kept telling about making max the youngest world champion? they never said, they desperately wanted to win WCC and enhance the brand image for the company.
when you start reading these pr statements out of their context, you bake bad opinions. it's needless to say every team principle wants to win for the team, but when the discussion or questions are in context with the drivers, they say statements the way it was said here.

Andres125sx

sn809 wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 04:17
JordanMugen wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 16:57
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 14:26
This complete biased bs as the post 2013 Mercedes cars have been some of the most dominant F1 cars in history.
No, the point was that Hamilton was never defeated so comprehensively by any teammate (not by Alonso, not by Button, not by Rosberg) the way Vettel was defeated by Ricciardo. This shows Hamilton to be more Prost or Senna like than Vettel. Prost and Senna, like Hamilton, were never comprehensively defeated by any teammate.

The same for Alonso, Alonso was never defeated the way Vettel was defeated, not by any of Alonso's teammates. This could be a reason why Alpine preferred Alonso to Vettel.

There is no question, Hamilton's titles were collected in a dominant car. :)

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 14:26
But anyways. I know it's wasted time, arguing with someone who claims 2016-2020 Bottas being on par with prime Alonso. :roll:
:?: :?: :?:
Are you trying to be funny/sarcastic.
Hamilton was all over Alonso in their first season together.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn´t score a single point more than Alonso, not even with the full support of both McLaren (we don´t fight Kimi, we fight Alonso) and the FIA (cranes shouldn´t put cars wich went into the gravel on road again, but we will allow Lewis to continue racing for no reason), and those are just two examples, the season was full of this kind of crap to favour Hamilton #-o

Sorry for the OT, but it´s amazing how people can ignore one of the biggest scandals in F1 history, even if british media did their best to hide it

RedNEO

diffuser

Cheeky B*sterd! :mrgreen:

Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen are the frontrunners for the title this season but would Alonso put himself in that bracket?

"No, I'm better," he responded.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... so-F1-news

Macklaren
Macklaren

diffuser wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 19:59

Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen are the frontrunners for the title this season but would Alonso put himself in that bracket?

At the end of each season, F1 should have the equivalent of an all-star race. Drivers get personal sponsors to bid on rides (with the money going to charity) and exchange cars. So for example: Santander pays $$$ to put their logo on a Mercedes and get ALO to drive it for 10 laps and see what time he does. Similar with HAM in a WIlliams etc

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Macklaren wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 21:14
diffuser wrote:

At the end of each season, F1 should have the equivalent of an all-star race. Drivers get personal sponsors to bid on rides (with the money going to charity) and exchange cars. So for example: Santander pays $$$ to put their logo on a Mercedes and get ALO to drive it for 10 laps and see what time he does. Similar with HAM in a WIlliams etc
Fernando Alonso is the cerebral assassin, let the games begin! Your idea.. isn’t that basically ROC? Race of champs? Watched in Wembley years ago.. great leveller., usually won by a Scandinavian!
Can’t wait for Quali.. Alpine will be an unknown quantity as they are the only Renault engines team...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

diffuser

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 22:19
Macklaren wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Fernando Alonso is the cerebral assassin, let the games begin! Your idea.. isn’t that basically ROC? Race of champs? Watched in Wembley years ago.. great leveller., usually won by a Scandinavian!
Can’t wait for Quali.. Alpine will be an unknown quantity as they are the only Renault engines team...
They should all drive a Safety car!

holeindalip
holeindalip

Macklaren wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I’m game, but whatever driver gets whatever car that drivers team gets one week to prep it before going out...

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 15:51
After watching the drive to survive F1 on Netflix....

You clearly see that Abiteboul felt betrayed. At one point you see Abiteboul arriving and Riccardo is outside sitting at a table, I think it was a hospitality tent. Riccardo waves hello and Abiteboul completely ignores him. The look on Ricardo's face is priceless. The realization of his betrayal.... He feels bad.
Cyril was a bit of a jerk to be fair, he has no right to feel betrayed. I wonder why he expects loyalty from a driver when you make public statements like you hope to promote one of your juniors to a race seat by 2021. Bear in mind that he had just signed Esteban Ocon on a two year deal, to race from 2020. Meanwhile, Ricciardo would be out of contact by the end of the 2020 season. He’s practically saying Ricciardo wouldn’t have a drive for 2021. Those kind of remarks give you a glimpse of the kind of environment he created for his drivers.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 23:31
diffuser wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 15:51
After watching the drive to survive F1 on Netflix....

You clearly see that Abiteboul felt betrayed. At one point you see Abiteboul arriving and Riccardo is outside sitting at a table, I think it was a hospitality tent. Riccardo waves hello and Abiteboul completely ignores him. The look on Ricardo's face is priceless. The realization of his betrayal.... He feels bad.
Cyril was a bit of a jerk to be fair, he has no right to feel betrayed. I wonder why he expects loyalty from a driver when you make public statements like you hope to promote one of your juniors to a race seat by 2021. Bear in mind that he had just signed Esteban Ocon on a two year deal, to race from 2020. Meanwhile, Ricciardo would be out of contact by the end of the 2020 season. He’s practically saying Ricciardo wouldn’t have a drive for 2021. Those kind of remarks give you a glimpse of the kind of environment he created for his drivers.
Not saying he has a right or not. Just what the video captured.

With regards to Cyril, it's apparent there was an verbal understanding between him and Riccardo that he was gonna stay at Renault for a long time. 2 year deal was Danny's idea. I guess he hadn't really bought into that agreement as much as Cyril thought he had or changed his mind during the off season.

godlameroso

Zynerji wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 18:18
selvam_e2002 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 17:46
Alpine aka Renaul seems underdog for 2021. They are not showed full power in testing. RB/AT/Mclaren are went for glory ran however Alpine concentrated on own work. We will come to know clear picture in P3 or Q1. Thanks.
AT's "glory" run had 15 laps of fuel on board... That's not a glory run...🙄
~150 liters for 57 laps

2.6ish liters per lap? That's around 40 liters. That's like a family hatchback's worth of fuel.
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 03:51
Zynerji wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 18:18
selvam_e2002 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 17:46
Alpine aka Renaul seems underdog for 2021. They are not showed full power in testing. RB/AT/Mclaren are went for glory ran however Alpine concentrated on own work. We will come to know clear picture in P3 or Q1. Thanks.
AT's "glory" run had 15 laps of fuel on board... That's not a glory run...🙄
~150 liters for 57 laps

2.6ish liters per lap? That's around 40 liters. That's like a family hatchback's worth of fuel.

F1 fanatic has Bahrain rated at 1.75 kg of fuel per lap. .75 kilos per litre or 2.33 litres per lap. My guess that data is old. So maybe it's down to 1.5 but anyways, let's work with 1.75. So 150 litres would mean we could run for 64 laps.

15 laps would require less than 35 litres.
Last edited by diffuser on 25 Mar 2021, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.