2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Macklaren
Macklaren

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:25
And the front runners weren’t holding back/nursing tires in their fight. It was full on all the way. So the gap indeed IS encouraging
...and Lando, on the other hand, was cruising because he had no opportunity in front and no real risk from behind

Jambier

This team will be P3
There is no way they can miss that!

Hopefully they have not use too much resources for 2021 , the real challenge for them is 2022 ( as well as Ferrari and Alpine)

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Jambier wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:07
This team will be P3

Hopefully they have not use too much resources for 2021 , the real challenge for them is 2022 ( as well as Ferrari and Alpine)
I'm not really bothered about being P3 or P4. I would like the team to be able to challenge for podiums on merit, with luck for wins. I'd rather be P4 with 0.3s to the top dogs than P3 with 0.9s. Hopefully we can mount more of a challenge.

Xero

Jambier wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:07
This team will be P3

Ferrari look too close to have an easy P3 finish. AT is still an unknown, so not writing them off yet either.

CjC
CjC

And the Ferrari 2021 line up of Sainz and Leclerc is far superior to the 2020 line ups of Racing Point and Renault.
Ocon and Stroll never really capitalised when the Renault and Racing Point was faster than the Mclaren
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

Folks are getting super excited again!

Remember, we have tested and raced on the same track. We have not really learnt about this car too much yet. And as much as we think Imola might offer another sound track for this car, I'll remind you just how many times we said we'd struggle and we did well, and how many times we thought we'd do well and we didn't. Not even from track to track, but sometimes from Qualy to race.

Last season was a massive rollercoaster and I would really caution against expecting anything but the same again this year!
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Xero

mwillems wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:55

Remember, we have tested and raced on the same track. We have not really learnt about this car too much yet. And as much as we think Imola might offer another sound track for this car, I'll remind you just how many times we said we'd struggle and we did well, and how many times we thought we'd do well and we didn't. Not even from track to track, but sometimes from Qualy to race.

Last season was a massive rollercoaster and I would really caution against expecting anything but the same again this year!
Was Ricciardo that said their car should suit Imola better, so would be inclined to agree. The data this weekend has shown McLaren are strong through the quick sweeping corners, good traction.

mwillems

Xero wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 21:17
mwillems wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:55

Was Ricciardo that said their car should suit Imola better, so would be inclined to agree. The data this weekend has shown McLaren are strong through the quick sweeping corners, good traction.
I think what he said was that the car did well in a couple of flowing corners that are like those at Imola, so it could be good for them. But still, it will be a different set up at Imola, different conditions and everything could well behave differently.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

The 3 weeks between the first and second race will be interesting... Mclaren didn’t arrive to Bahrain with a new package compared to testing, which makes me think that they were trying to maximize it before the stretch of races starting at Imola.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ArgyrisB
ArgyrisB

Those pit stops though... Didn't cost us today but they need to step up.

Emag
Emag

ArgyrisB wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 21:39
Yeah, those were not good at all. Lando lost about 3 seconds to Charles from pit stops, and with better stops for Daniel, he might have not gotten stuck behind the Alpine in the second stint.

They certainly need to work on that.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Emag wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 21:57
ArgyrisB wrote:
Yeah, those were not good at all. Lando lost about 3 seconds to Charles from pit stops, and with better stops for Daniel, he might have not gotten stuck behind the Alpine in the second stint.

Trouble is all the Pit equipment has been homologated from last year and the equipment plays a big part in the process

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Lando’s overtakes at the beginning of the race:

Herr_Koos

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 04:30
Lando’s overtakes at the beginning of the race:

No last-lap Lando heroics this time, he did the hard work early on. Stellar drive!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

the EDGE wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 22:09
Emag wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 21:57
ArgyrisB wrote:

Trouble is all the Pit equipment has been homologated from last year and the equipment plays a big part in the process
They were supposed to have invested in better equipment for 2020, according to Seidl, he talked about it in a couple of interviews. So it appears they are just not good enough.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.