2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

genarro wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 08:55
mwillems wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 07:51
Being beaten by Stroll will end his career

I suspect that if Perez was in the car he'd have finished in front of Danny. I'm not sure that the AM has taken a step back just the driver lineup.

Its good for us.
i think not. McLaren was much faster on race pace than the Astons..
For large portions of the race, Stroll was one place behind Danny Ric. Stroll finished 20 seconds behind Danny, so I feel that Perez would have at least been pressuring him.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

charliesmithhd

McLaren say they found damage to Ricciardo floor from the impact of Gasly running into the back of him. The “damage cost a considerable amount of downforce” said Seidl. “Daniel used his experience to cope with the issues and score important points for the team.”-Lawrence Barretto

_cerber1

Herr_Koos

That's actually good news then; it explains why DR's best race lap was more than half a second off what Lando managed.

Xero

Averages excludes outlier laps.

Solid race pace relative to the others. Under a second to the front, and a healthy advantage over nearest rivals, Ferrari. Hopefully this translates well to other circuits, although that's pretty unlikely.

This may go to show that while other PUs have bridged the gap to Merc in qualifying trim, it's still the gold standard during the race. Better thermals allowing them to operate higher for longer.

Herr_Koos

Xero wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 13:10
https://f1bythenumbers.com/wp-content/u ... top_10.png

Averages excludes outlier laps.

Solid race pace relative to the others. Under a second to the front, and a healthy advantage over nearest rivals, Ferrari. Hopefully this translates well to other circuits, although that's pretty unlikely.

This may go to show that while other PUs have bridged the gap to Merc in qualifying trim, it's still the gold standard during the race. Better thermals allowing them to operate higher for longer.
Very cool breakdown. Norris just about matching Perez on race pace is very impressive. Having said that, Checo is quite a way off Max; wonder if that was mainly due to being stuck in traffic? I don't think Max is 0.6s/lap faster on pure pace.

Mansell89
Mansell89

I think Perez was closer than 0.6 per lap if you account for traffic.

Considering he was last, he had a serene enough drive to 5th despite not being fully comfortable in the car and you’d suspect would easily have been 4th in an unaffected race. He will only get stronger and I think his ability to go long gives Red Bull great options.

I’m pleased to see there was something impacting Daniels race pace as this explains why Aston Martin got anywhere close to us- I expected us to have miles in hand on them for these first couple of races whilst they sort their package out.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Also keep in mind that PER pitted with the safety car so he was right at the back of the field (rather than much further back with a pit lane start) and had the benefit of brand new tires taken off tire blankets. Still an epic drive no doubt but his tires were in much better shape than the leaders. This also forced him to put on used medium for his last stint and his pace dropped off very quickly

the EDGE
the EDGE

_cerber1 wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 10:17
That really is good news, I was surprised Danny couldn’t get past Charles when Lando could, now we have an explanation

He should & would have finished at least 1, if not 2 places higher if not for this

Can’t wait for Imola to see if this race pace relative to the rest of the midfield can be sustained

Just a pity it’s still 3 long weeks away 😞

Emag
Emag

the EDGE wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 14:40
_cerber1 wrote:
That really is good news, I was surprised Danny couldn’t get past Charles when Lando could, now we have an explanation

He should & would have finished at least 1, if not 2 places higher if not for this

Can’t wait for Imola to see if this race pace relative to the rest of the midfield can be sustained

Yeah that 3 weeks is way too long. Don't understand why they would put this huge gap between the first two races of the season.

Juzh

Emag wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 15:00
the EDGE wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 14:40
_cerber1 wrote:

Yeah that 3 weeks is way too long. Don't understand why they would put this huge gap between the first two races of the season.
China and Vietnam got cancelled.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Fastest sector times vs 2020... The gap in Sector 1 seems to indicate that there is more than just the loss of downforce affecting lap time (Wind may have played a big role this season for lap time at Bahrain)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xero

SmallSoldier wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 15:59
Fastest sector times vs 2020... The gap in Sector 1 seems to indicate that there is more than just the loss of downforce affecting lap time (Wind may have played a big role this season for lap time at Bahrain)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202103 ... a85722.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tyre construction has changed a fair bit, causes them to scrub a bit more than last year.

Emag
Emag

Has there been any news on potential updates scheduled for Imola? Normally I wouldn't expect anything major in the second grand prix of the season, but given the three-week delay it doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Chicane
Chicane

Ricciardo damage
Quickshifter